Hi Guys/Gals,

I just did my first media sync with my new 9810 to get my songs in iTunes on my phone. All went well but when it was complete, there was an error message saying that 40 songs didn't sync to my Torch because of DRA (or maybe it said DRM) restrictions.

Can someone explain this? It has something to do with iTunes protection right?

TIA
    03-14-12 06:53 PM
    Hmmm, I probably should have posted this in the general section....
    03-15-12 09:54 AM
    Very likely, it said "DRM" which is Digital Rights Management. Basically it's the restriction put on a file to prevent illegal distribution. Unless you can find a way to convert those songs to a DRM-free format, you can't move them to the BB.

For example, for a LONG time, songs bought through iTunes could ONLY be copied to an Apple-branded device (iPod/iPhone).. They could NOT be burned to a CD as audio to be re-ripped as unprotected files, nor could the be coppied to anything non-Apple (like a Zune or other MP3 player, etc.).

If you bought them from iTunes, you might be able to buy a DRM-free version of same song, as i think they have removed DRM from most of their stuff now...
    kcmo likes this.
    03-18-12 04:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD