Hi

What does it mean when a Red X happens when I send someone a bbm message?

The Red X is right beside the message I sent.

Does this mean they no longer have bbm?

Thanks
    03-14-12 02:15 PM
    The red x means your message was not delivered. There could be a problem with the recipient's BBM, or the recipient could have deleted you from his/her BBM contacts. If you try again later and continue to get the red x, and your BBMs to other recipients are going through normally, then it probably means the recipient has deleted you.
    SAButterfly likes this.
    03-14-12 04:12 PM
    hi
    had same issue today
    that guy never renew his bis
    03-19-12 08:27 AM
    I had this happen 3 times recently with friends in the Dominican Republic were mostly everyone has prepaid service. All 3 times it meant that they had not activated their internet so they didn't have access to BBM. Once they activated their internet, we were able to chat once again. If someone deletes you from their contacts, they completely disappear from your contact list so you are not even able to send them a message.
    03-19-12 08:41 AM
    Yep, usually a red x means the person you are trying to send a message to, no longer has a valid BlackBerry Data plan, or hasn't paid his/her bill, or simply has not renewed his/her service.

If you delete someone from your list, then can still send you messages unless you also block them. Also works if someone deletes you from their list. If you have the person's PIN and sent them a message, you will get a notification that this person does not have you on their list, would you like to invite.

03-19-12 09:19 AM
    I had this with my mate recently.

She forgot to pay her bill. She paid it & the next day it was working as normal.

Usually if someone has deleted you their profile will no longer be there in your contacts.
    03-19-12 10:33 AM
    It means that the contact you've messaged and got the red X mark means his/her BIS is isn't activated/active. IMO I had those with my other contacts who didn't activated their prepaid BIS
    03-20-12 03:00 AM
    this is happening to everyone i want to send a msg to on bbm!! they cant all have deleted me so im un sure of what to do
    11-14-12 05:10 AM
    Yes this also happend to me and about half of my contacts were acting up only on bbm
    and now some of them have came back but the others still hasnt ? And there is a red x on
    there and these are really close friends i know they wouldnt delete me ? They are still in
    my contacts, this happend to me yesterday i noticed like around noonish,the people that i
    still cant talk to are in another country!! What to do!! D:
    11-15-12 01:18 PM
    Yes please add my pin, im having prob with my bmm still 26806e52
    thanks friend
    11-15-12 01:21 PM
    Out here it just means that the BBM is paying for his social network on a daily basi and doesn't have a plan. Give them a day or two and they will be back as soon as they go gharge the account....or call you and ask for you to recharget. Don't fall for that one. It happens all the time.
    04-20-13 04:53 PM
    I recently swopped my Torch 9800 for a Bold 9790. After setting up the phone I keep getting a RED 'x' when sending messages to only one person on my entire bbm contact list. This contact has a Z10. We've troubleshooted with my provider (I'm MTN prepaid & she's Vodacom contract), deleted each other's profiles from both sides and re-added from both sides with the same problem. We've also rebooted our phones, still a problem. I've cleared my event log and browser cache, and my issue persists. My Z10 contact sees that there are unread messages from me, and does reply (which I receive) but when I respond I get that dreaded RED 'x'

Pleeeeeeaaaasssee HEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPP!!!! I'd greatly appreciate any assistance you guys could offer.
    05-10-13 05:51 AM
    Hello anyone that can help me i have topped up on my blackberry i think i have the blackberry plan and it hasn't activated my blackberry messenger ,
    Every time i try to send a bbm message it comes up with a cross
    06-01-13 04:10 PM
    I'm having exactly the same problem as yours. Have u solve yours? Anyone can give any advice of what is wrong and what to do. Thank you
    07-03-13 06:36 AM
    please help me if you have found the solution im having the same problem with my blackberry q10 and z10 users
    07-16-13 04:03 AM
    Hello,
    I have been reading about peoples dilemmas and problems with the red cross thing and found out that they have either deleted you or deactivated their account. Well, on my blackberry curve 9320, I have 39 contacts. 38 of them are working and the other one is my boyfriend so to be honest, I don't think he would of deleted me. The last message he sent me was before I went to a football match and when the match had finished, it wouldn't let me reply. He would of said morning by now or something but nothing has come through. Every single message I try to send to him has a red cross next to it.

I am sure he wouldn't of deactivated his account because he only got the phone, recently on his birthday!
    Please help!
    Maia xx
    07-24-13 04:22 AM
    I have the same prblem with maia
    I've gone through all of my contacts saying high and ALL of them have red crosses its impossible that they have ALL deactivated their account or deleted me bcause most of them are my best friends!!

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!
    08-29-13 01:18 AM
    HI GUYS I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT THE PROBLEM IS!!!!!!!

I found out today that when I went to ring one of my friends today the voicemail computer said that I haddn't paid my bill so, what you have to do is ring one of you're friends and it should say:
    'Hello there can I just comfirm the number you're calling from today is *your number* and then if you press 1 or 2 it should say that you haven't paid you're bill so you CAN'T text or ring or bbm people OR use the internet so PAY YO BILL.just so you know its not if someone has deleted you because when someone deletes you their contact is removed from you're contacts list so don't just make stuff up.

Please reply with feedback and any problems you may have
    Hope I helped!
    FincoApps likes this.
    08-29-13 04:39 AM
    I found out today that when I went to ring one of my friends today the voicemail computer said that I haddn't paid my bill so, what you have to do is ring one of you're friends and it should say:
    'Hello there can I just comfirm the number you're calling from today is *your number* and then if you press 1 or 2 it should say that you haven't paid you're bill so you CAN'T text or ring or bbm people OR use the internet so PAY YO BILL.just so you know its not if someone has deleted you because when someone deletes you their contact is removed from you're contacts list so don't just make stuff up.

Please reply with feedback and any problems you may have
    Hope I helped!
    08-29-13 04:44 AM
    I don't know what is going on my ex added me about two weeks ago and ever since a red x was sent back and my other Postriends who have him can send messages without a problem. I have refreshed my phone and tried sending a new message but it did not say anything about re-adding and he did not delete me what is happening and what can I do? Someone please help!
    08-30-13 03:26 PM
    Mine is different. The contacts happen to be using BB10
    10-02-13 10:35 AM
    i was talking to this girl earlier and it was working fine, now when i bbm her there is a red X but everyone else i BBM works fine! also when she BBMs me i get her BBMS but when i try bbm back there is RED X what can this mean???
    01-26-14 08:54 PM
    I have one contact that i'm having the same issue with that has a iPhone ,I will get the bbm from that person but i cant send to that contact red X ,the person has bbm on there iPhone it was working 2 days ago ,all my other contacts on bbm work fine weath it would be other iPhone user's that have Android or a iPhone.but the funny thing is I can bbm voice that contact but I can't send a message.
    04-06-14 07:33 PM
    Hi- i just want to know what does it mean if you sent messages to your contact list and my messages was delivered but after it says" does not have you as a contact" is this means he deleted me on his contact list. But when i ask my friend to delete me to there bbm automatic i cant see them on my list .Im a little confused whats happening. If the person deleted me or there something wrong on his bb.

Thanks
    08-27-14 08:19 AM
    It means bbm not active

Posted via CB10
    09-05-14 01:43 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD