I was just wondering if anyone else out there is like me, and is just patiently waiting for a BB10 device with a Bold9000/9900 type keyboard. I gotta say I'm not that excited for the London, and because I can't afford the $2000 grand brick thing , I really can't get excited until there's some evidence of a new device with a solid keyboard. Also, I kinda hope they don't entirely get rid of the Blackberry interface, to me it makes sense and it all flows together. Like an extension of my fingers lol. But i'm looking for a cooler phone to upgrade to. BB for life though, so I'll wait patiently with my torch until that happens
    03-14-12 08:58 AM
    Get the 9900 now if you like the keyboard
    03-14-12 09:15 AM
    For all the reasons you've stated, I'm not all that excited about BB10 yet either. I'm more curious to see how it will be applied to a handheld and how well the devices will stack up against the competition. Some of the things RIM looks to be trying to deliver with BB10 do look pretty slick. But I'm in no hurry to replace what I've got with BB10, mainly for the very reasons that I've got what I've got and not one of those things that "does everything a BB can't". I just don't need a phone that does all that stuff no matter whose logo graces it. I want a phone like this one, and I surely hope it will continue to be offered post-BB10, complete with this antiquated keyboard and obsolete trackpad.
    wizmillso likes this.
    03-14-12 09:22 AM
    Get the 9900 now if you like the keyboard
    Idk, I dont think it's a big enough jump to sacrifice a whole two year upgrade. And I like the keyboard on my torch. The only difference is that it's bit smaller, but I don't mind
    03-14-12 09:22 AM
    I'm excited about BB10, and see how it will compare to the current BBOS 7.1, which imo is already very good. Also curious to see how RIM will integrate a 16:9 ratio screen into a phone with physical keyboard like the bold. We will probably only see leaks after the first full touch BB10 is launched. (that is, if there is one. Since everything about a bold form factor BB10 now are all leaks and rumours, nothing concrete.)
    03-14-12 10:11 AM
    If you look at the history of RIM, you will also reach the same conclusion as I did. There is a high possibility the BB10 devices will have huge bugs that drive more customers away from RIM. Look what they did with Bold 99xx for example. It will take years for RIM to get back in the game or sink their ship while trying.

I sure hope that the new BB10s won't have bugs in their OS. Because the new CEO should push the company to innovation, not just making the same old device in to innovation by just coping what Apple and Samsung do.
    03-14-12 11:16 AM
    I'm waiting for the BB10 and will buy it on launch day, but I will keep my 9900. I love the 9900 beyond belief. The 9900 will be my work phone and BB10 my gadget phone. Unless of course BB10 comes with haptic screen from Segweg.
    03-14-12 05:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD