Anybody else having an issue with Slacker Radio application will not complete. Song stops about midway thru looks like a caching problem. Running 2.0 playbook OS
    Issue started after upgrade
    03-13-12 10:11 PM
    I have done the upgrade as well and I listen to Slacker Radio at work during the day and have had no issues......
    03-13-12 10:32 PM
    Slacker works very well on my PlayBook, NO problems here. Try deleting and reinstalling
    03-13-12 10:42 PM
    couldn't even get registered to use it.

crap app deleted. used the space to load more mp3s.
    03-14-12 03:13 AM
    Anybody else having an issue with Slacker Radio application will not complete. Song stops about midway thru looks like a caching problem. Running 2.0 playbook OS
    Issue started after upgrade
    Slacker will do that if you have a poor Internet connection. I have the same problem while using bridge with a poor carrier connection. The song is just playing faster then the app can get the information. If the gray bar catches the white one the player will skip to the next song.
    03-14-12 07:56 AM
    I was having Slacker issues on both my PlayBook and BlackBerry. Then both apps were updated and all is working fine.

Although, it seems like I have to sign into Slacker on the PlayBook every so often. And when I try to do that a dialog box pops up before I can finish typing mypassword. Something about registered ok or etc. Then I have to close that and finish typing my password.

That's kind of a pain!
    03-14-12 08:01 AM
    I've had the caching problem as well, but only under certain conditions. If only wifi on the PlayBook is active, I have no issues at all. However, as soon as I turn on bluetooth and connect to a speaker or headset, the internet connection slows down dramatically and Slacker (or any other streaming app) won't work properly anymore. The browser also slows right down if bluetooth is connected to something. Bit of a pain!
    03-14-12 08:40 AM
    i have the exact same issue...i use a data card on my way to work in the morning which has some dead spots so everytime the connection slows down or drops the song switches...they need to incorporate better caching on the PB version of slacker.
    03-14-12 09:35 AM
    I've had the caching problem as well, but only under certain conditions. If only wifi on the PlayBook is active, I have no issues at all. However, as soon as I turn on bluetooth and connect to a speaker or headset, the internet connection slows down dramatically and Slacker (or any other streaming app) won't work properly anymore. The browser also slows right down if bluetooth is connected to something. Bit of a pain!
    I may be way off base here but I remember someone mentioning that bluetooth and wifi use similar frequencies or something along those lines. Maybe there is something you can change in your router settings to help with your issues.
    My connections are always on and don't have the issues you describe.
    03-14-12 09:37 AM
    Thanks for the advice, I love the Slacker application use it a lot.
    Will try the reinstall to see if that helps still works just great on my bb9810 so not totally out in the cold. Thanks again.
    03-14-12 10:08 AM
    Likely more for my future reference (whenever PB acquisition successful) . . .

~ Not a 'app' but does not "cbcmusic.ca" perform a similiar function to your mentioned "slacker radio" ?
    CBC Music

~ Or even ckua live streaming, CKUA Radio

Since (my understanding is) they all require a wifi connect !?

thanks for your time and thread,

doug c
    03-14-12 03:38 PM
    Thanks for the advice, I love the Slacker application use it a lot.
    Will try the reinstall to see if that helps still works just great on my bb9810 so not totally out in the cold. Thanks again.
    Just curious if the delete...reinstall of Slacker worked for you?
    03-14-12 04:55 PM
    Slacker radio is quite good. No matter what your taste in music or comedy, it can be configured to provide an almost endless stream of excellent audio entertainment. The free version has occasional ads, but they're not overly frequent.

Bluetooth does use the same 2.4GHz ISM band as the 2.4GHz versions of wifi, but the Bluetooth standard is specifically designed to avoid mutual interference with wifi.
    03-14-12 04:57 PM
    The only problem I have with Slacker Radio is that the audio comes over sounding kind of tinny. I know it's not the speakers because music streaming from TuneIn sounds great.
    03-14-12 05:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD