Let me start by saying it's not just rim, customer service everywhere is lacking. I had problems loading the new os, well rim helped me alright they made it unusable. They sent me a replacement, but they sent one that said 16 gb on the frame the os said 59.4gb in the about tab, I know people here will say they wouldn't send it back, but why wouldn't. You?I've spent so many hours on the phone with these people its sickening
    03-13-12 04:05 PM
    I'm sorry you've had that experience but fortunately your experience isn't typical. There have been lots of posts remarking on very positive RIM customer service.

Hopefully everything will work out for you.
    03-13-12 04:11 PM
    I sent my PB for an RMA for stuck pixels. I got it back with NO change and now there is jagged pry marks around the frame where they opened it, and the rubber lip. I'm so frustrated and think this is completely unacceptable. So here I go again dealing with RIM -_-. I feel for you.
    03-13-12 04:41 PM
    Hope you feel better getting that off your chest.....
    03-13-12 04:49 PM
    Gotta say, I've had only superb tech support from RIM. They've kept this newbie sane, and fixed every one of my PlayBook snags.

Many thanks, folks!
    anon(3896606) likes this.
    03-13-12 05:09 PM
    I too have found RIM support to be on the level of par excellence.
    03-13-12 05:20 PM
    Have had the need to call a couple of times.. recieved excellent support.. usually if you treat someone in a positive vein, they will return it..
    Try calling some store or whatever with an attitude and you surely will get it back..
    03-13-12 05:49 PM
    My last experience with RIM support on my Playbook has been good but that was last October. Some years ago it was awfully. They are learning but it's not clear if - fast enough.
    03-13-12 07:00 PM
    I've had nothing but great support from RIM. Only thing that drives me nuts is the music they play when you are on hold.
    03-13-12 07:47 PM
    I had trouble seeing my security cameras on my new Playbook and customer service went over and above to get me squared away. They even followed up a week later to see if everyting was OK. They are first rate in my opinion.
    hpjrt likes this.
    03-13-12 08:58 PM
    The support staffs are very polite and seems to know their stuffs well. Except when they asked me to reload my OS when I had an obvious screen problem. Unfortunately, sending my devices for repairs are not handled by them but rather my local distributor, this is when it starts to turn bad.

With customer service turning bad everywhere else, I would say Blackberry has maintained a relatively good standard, so does Apple. I have been pretty satisfied with both.
    Last edited by blurtixx; 03-13-12 at 10:19 PM.
    candjmc likes this.
    03-13-12 10:16 PM
    Have had the need to call a couple of times.. recieved excellent support.. usually if you treat someone in a positive vein, they will return it..
    Try calling some store or whatever with an attitude and you surely will get it back..
    were not talking about attitude here??Im talking about poor service period,Ive been nothing but reasonable,perhaps you should spen 4hours on the phone with them return to playbooks and now waiting for a 3rd,then lets see how your attitude is
    03-13-12 10:18 PM
    The support staffs are very polite and seems to know their stuffs well. Except when they asked me to reload my OS when I had an obvious screen problem. Unfortunately, sending my devices for repairs are not handled by them but rather my local distributor, this is when it starts to turn bad.

With customer service turning bad everywhere else, I would say Blackberry has maintained a relatively good standard, so does Apple. I have been pretty satisfied with both.
    exactly,however there rim if there handling there product imo
    03-13-12 10:20 PM
    If the problems occur when the local distributor gets involved then not only should you complain to someone high up the food chain of that distributor, but also notify RIM of the distributor name and the problems. Provide contact names and details. Providing you don't lose it with the distributor (as in getting angry etc) RIM will probably bend over backwards to ensure you're satisfied - and may even take it up with the distributor. if a distributor isn't providing RIM dictated customer service, the distributor could lose a substantial customer in RIM.
    candjmc and blurtixx like this.
    03-13-12 10:26 PM
    thanks for the advice ive been pleasant on the phone with people,they are nice folks but im still without my playbook,i will let you know the outcome thanks to all
    03-14-12 09:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD