Im since man years a big bb fand. I Have a curve. 8900 save on my Office i. Use. A Bold 9900 and playbook 16 GB and i have also a torch 9810. If i wach swiss. Or german. Tv. I never See bb commercial.

Marketing means nearly 50 procent sale of a product.

I hope that. OS 10 have the Same Mail account. Option that os. 2.0 have on playbook now... The new Generation are not only bancers. Or doctors. But kids....
    For me. BB have a name. So use it....

Sorry for my bad english
    Last edited by gingoog66; 03-13-12 at 02:52 PM.
    Stewartj1 likes this.
    03-13-12 02:49 PM
    You are exactly right. RIM needs to advertise a lot more. I live in Canada and rarely see one either. (
    03-13-12 05:33 PM
    Face it guys. Rim can't seem to market anything. And when they do, it's horrible.

Have you seen the new be Bold commercial with the cupcake store owner. The commercial is 1 minute and 57 seconds long. They start mentioning her Blackberry at the 1 minute 30 second mark. It's a horrible commercial.

See it for yourselves, no where does it make Blackberries stand out. Wow she can take a pic and put it on twitter. Heck a 80 dollar prepaid Android phone can do that.
    03-13-12 06:11 PM
    There are a few BB commercials in Germany... but not enough to make a difference in the German-speaking part of Europe.
    03-13-12 06:48 PM
    Word of mouth, showing off and more can help market things. Why not help research in motion out by spreading the word every chance we can get?
    03-13-12 07:16 PM
    Word of mouth, showing off and more can help market things. Why not help research in motion out by spreading the word every chance we can get?
    Right now that is helping more than what RIM is doing. I agree word of mouth is huge right now.
    03-13-12 07:18 PM
    I've tried that. Completely failed to convince ANY friends or family in Germany to try a BlackBerry product. They keep opting for iOS, Droid and Windows phones! *sigh*

And the stupid thing is, they only use their phones for calls, text, and emails! And they complain how inconvenient it is to type on a touchscreen. Practical Germans are not so practical, when it comes to phones.

Even in Canada, I've only managed to convert a friend and his father. And my family, because I gave them BlackBerry products to use, not because I convinced them by word-of-mouth.
    03-13-12 08:21 PM
    Without doubt, RIM's lack of sales is due to the fact the marketing is so poor.
    03-14-12 03:39 AM
    It's clear RIM has no plans to blow their wad on advertising until BB10 is near. Right now their simply building momentum. This thread is evidence of that.
    It's going to be HUGE people. I bet you can wait.
    rdrobinson likes this.
    03-14-12 06:55 AM
    Yes. Let's get a group together and go door to door to spread "the good word". Perhaps on Saturday's, when we know people will be home. We can create pamphlets and call it The Rimpire. We'll dress in suits to look professional, and tell the people that only by buying Blackberry can they stop the prophesied impending doom.
    03-14-12 08:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD