I read and the only way is to synchronize with Google from your phone, then back to PB.

Question is... why dont Blackberry support some kind of contacts syncronization through Blackberry Bridge OR the BB Desktop Software?? Or at least a one direction syncronization with the Phone through BB Bridge

I mean.. its a device for enterprise right? It should work with the most popular email client, MS Outlook right?

- Charles
    03-13-12 06:06 AM
    Are you a BIS or BES account?

Are you using Outlook for your contacts?

If your contacts are on your phone you can bridge them to your PlayBook.

I'm not a BES customer but I believe if you setup your email account on the PlayBook you should be able to sync your email/contacts/calendar with the PlayBook.
    03-13-12 06:42 AM
    Are you a BIS or BES account?

Are you using Outlook for your contacts?

If your contacts are on your phone you can bridge them to your PlayBook.

I'm not a BES customer but I believe if you setup your email account on the PlayBook you should be able to sync your email/contacts/calendar with the PlayBook.
    I have some problem sync my BB phone to my email (on Google Apps). Basically, if I do that, I will for some reason have double entry. So 1 person with 2 contacts.

Yes, I am using Outlook for my contacts. I can bridge to my Playbook which is perfect BUT when I disconnect the Bridge, its all gone.

- Charles
    Willard814 likes this.
    03-13-12 07:06 AM
    Keep in mind that all bridge features show up on your PlayBook only when your phone is on, Bluetooth is on and if you have the items checked off to show on the PlayBook.

I'm a BIS customer and what I did to sync my contacts and calendar with my PlayBook/9900/Outlook is....

I have a personal Gmail account and setup a work Gmail account (for contacts/calendar only). Both accounts were setup as IMAP and added to my 9900 and set to sync contacts and calendar. Then to keep Outlook up to date I purchased Sync2 for a one time cost of $39.95. This allows me to sync the 2 Gmail accounts with Outlook.

At first there was some work I needed to do since Gmail and BlackBerry do not keep information the same way. I setup all contacts in the Gmail format. This means that the addresses needed to be on one line and for company contacts with no persons name I put the company name as the first name and left the company name blank. I have about a 1000 contacts between work and personal so it took a little while. Once everything was clean all my devices sync as if it was a BES.

I now only use DM to backup my 9900 and sync my memos and tasks.

I hope this didn't confuse you or make you think it's a lot of work.
    03-13-12 07:43 AM
    I have some problem sync my BB phone to my email (on Google Apps). Basically, if I do that, I will for some reason have double entry. So 1 person with 2 contacts.
    That happened to me as well til I stopped running the built in Google sync as well as the downloaded Google Sync app on the phone. You only need one or the other.
    03-13-12 09:47 AM
    That happened to me as well til I stopped running the built in Google sync as well as the downloaded Google Sync app on the phone. You only need one or the other.
    Since I've got duplicate contacts, I would like to explore this a bit more. Where did you stop using the built-in Google sync? On the pb?

I guess part of my problem is that Outlook (2007, I think) on computer and contacts on bbPHONE sync when I use Desktop manager. That appears to work. But while I do have "contacts in google ONLINE" it is not a complete set. (color me aluminum foil but I decided ages ago not to share my contacts full info (address/phone/etc) but only email so google online is not complete.

So trying to get info from phone (or outlook) to the pb without going crazy.
    Willard814 likes this.
    03-13-12 11:06 AM
    When i used the Google sync program for Windows i had tons of duplicates and from i read here a lot of people had this problem. When i switched to the sync feature in the BIS email setup i had zero duplicates.
    03-13-12 11:36 AM
    Question is... why dont Blackberry support some kind of contacts syncronization through Blackberry Bridge OR the BB Desktop Software?? Or at least a one direction syncronization with the Phone through BB Bridge
    I have always tried to cut RIM some slack by assuming that this is a security move; that the reason is to maintain the federal security rating that BBs enjoy by not allowing the copying of corporate contacts from the phone to the PB. Of course, I;m cutting them way too much slack, because all that would be necessary to maintain the FIPS rating would be a BES Policy setting to prevent that copying.

So yeah, it's ridiculous. Boo RIM!
    Willard814 likes this.
    03-13-12 11:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD