Stay with my Storm2 or move to the iPhone 4s. I love Blackberry, I just think it's time for a change.

Best argument for stay or switch?
    keturahishere likes this.
    03-11-12 11:44 AM
    If you feel free to do so then do it. Your decision, your pick.
    03-11-12 11:45 AM
    Unfortunately, I am the most indecisive person you will ever meet and can't decide. Need some help with the decision making...
    03-11-12 11:47 AM
    Do not know "why" it is time for a change..... Figure out "why" and you have answered your own question....
    03-11-12 11:56 AM
    No arguments to help you decide but have you considered upgrading to a newer BB? Some nice improvements since the storm2. Maybe you just need a change so go ahead and try the iphone. You can always come back.
    03-11-12 12:05 PM
    Storm 2 or iPhone 4s?

Not too hard of a decision if it's me...........iPhone 4s
    GingerSnapsBack likes this.
    03-11-12 12:10 PM
    your choice its your life.

is it me or are we seeing more and more of these "convince me" threads??
    Snap51 likes this.
    03-11-12 12:14 PM
    Convince me is so overrated. You have to make your own choices overall.
    We merely only can give you some tips and a little bit of this and that.
    03-11-12 12:17 PM
    I am the same way. Afraid I will make the wrong decision so I just don"t make one at all. Seems like all news has came to a streaking halt these days. Nothing on any future devices or anything. Makes hanging on to a BB even more tough not knowing what may be right around the corner
    03-11-12 12:19 PM
    I kinda understand what you're going through. It can be a tough decision, there are a lot of phones to choose from now a days. I guess the bottom line is, how do I use my phone,,,,,for communication, games, email, texting ext. The ultimate decision rest with the individual and how the mobile device will be used
    03-11-12 12:25 PM
    BB10 likely won't show up until the back end of the year. I'm guessing if you want to wait, it'll be around another 6-7 months. The current higher spec'ed BlackBerry 7 devices have relatively modern hardware which makes everything faster and smoother, but the OS and user experience fundamentally are not that different from what you have on your Storm 2 now. iOS will be a completely different experience from what you know, both hardware and software wise.

If you're that curious, why don't you try it out? It's not like you can't come back if you don't like it.
    Jeovex likes this.
    03-11-12 12:32 PM
    My decision to switch or to stay would mostly depend on the contract I'm under. I can't upgrade my BlackBerry for another two years; so you could also say that I'm with BlackBerry for that long unless I pay full price on a new phone (which isn't happening! lol).

But for you, I think you should do what you feel is best. If you can indeed upgrade to a new phone - BlackBerry, iPhone 4S, or otherwise - then do it! If you can afford the switch and like what you see with iPhone, then try it out. Are you under a contract or will you buy it pre-paid? At least if it's pre-paid, you can switch phones again if need be; but doing things that way might be expensive.

Let us know what you've decided, and happy choosing! Be happy that you can make a choice!
    03-11-12 12:37 PM
    I recently upgraded from the 9800 to the 9810. The 9810 is a much better phone, everything is faster

For me, I really liked upgrading to a phone that's more powerful but still a BB

You should try the newest BlackBerry phones they're much better than your Storm
    Last edited by anthogag; 03-11-12 at 01:01 PM.
    TgeekB likes this.
    03-11-12 12:54 PM
    For the OP, what do you use your Blackberry for most, and are those features available and useful on he iPhone?

I am likely to suggest the iPhone 4/4s but would like to know this before giving advice.
    03-11-12 03:14 PM
    Best thing to do is stay. BlackBerry is the better platform.
    03-11-12 03:25 PM
    Torch 9850 on BB7 is outstanding. Fast and reliable with the best full touch screen and system performance available. Also has mobile hot spot and bridge that work outstanding with the PlayBook. I have one and will be perfectly happy with it until I upgrade in a year or two. IOS is a closed dictatorship, the "Stepford Wives", or "A Boy and His Dog" subterranean village version of an ecosystem. Of course, I am biased. But if you cannot make a decision, i suggest you follow my direction and stick with BB.
    03-11-12 03:50 PM
    I am the same way. Afraid I will make the wrong decision so I just don"t make one at all. Seems like all news has came to a streaking halt these days. Nothing on any future devices or anything. Makes hanging on to a BB even more tough not knowing what may be right around the corner
    BB10, more playbooks, a developed ecosystem,...that's around the corner and on the horizon
    03-11-12 03:54 PM
    why do you need to have others convince you as to what you should do? stay or go? i think you should be the one figuring it out since its your phone
    03-11-12 04:03 PM
    Asking strangers on a fan site for help in choosing a pricey device that needs to suit your personal needs is really not very useful.

Ask family or close friends who know you well. Treat one of them who has the phone you are interested in to lunch and have them devote a couple hours with you going over the features. Ask lots of questions and play with the phone both to see what's new and to see how it fits with your workflow.

Or be impulsive. Why not?
    03-11-12 04:06 PM
    *Alec Guiness voice* ..."iphone is not the device you are looking for. Your destiny is with the RIMPIRE and Blackberry."

Seriously, you need to decide what services and features are most important to you, and that will guide your decision. Keep in mind that moving across ecosystems is difficult if you have invested in media and apps, so choose (*BB*) wisely.
    Good luck!
    03-11-12 04:19 PM
    If you really enjoy BB OS..you should try out some of the new BB devices...because it's going to be like a whole other world compared to your S2..you should just go into some stores and actually try out some of the phones.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    03-11-12 05:18 PM
    Get the BlackBerry Torch, I like the 9810 personally, but the Full touch torch (9850/9860) running BB7 (essentially the Storm3, but they changed the name since the Storms reputation went bad) i hear is pretty good too.

Seriously, all touch, all blackberry just like the tagline it has.
    But if you want a screen bigger than a traditional BB and it be a touchscreen (which you seem to) and a keyboard then deffinately the Torch 9810 is the way to go, it is better than the 9800, dont get it, people think that the 9800 and the 9810 are almost the same but they are so not...
    hope this helps

BTW in case you don't know, BB7 is a great OS, its not as buggy and doesnt crash or require reboots like the older OSs, sure sometimes it does, but rarely.
    03-11-12 08:01 PM
    Stay with my Storm2 or move to the iPhone 4s. I love Blackberry, I just think it's time for a change.

Best argument for stay or switch?

Never compare a Storm2 with an iphone4s because its just a waste of time. try to compare 9900, 9860 or 9810 with so we can call it a fair game.
    03-11-12 08:01 PM
    Same story here, why not go with the new bb9850/60 If you still want a full touch? Its a great phone comparable to the iphone much more so than your Storm 2. I know people with the iphone and I wouldn't change just because of the little things my bb does well.
    03-11-12 08:28 PM
    I don't think you could go wrong with the 9850 or the 4S if you don't demand a keyboard. I went from the Storm2 to a Droid Inc2 to the iPhone 4S and I am very happy.

I used a 9930 for a bit and it was nice. I am a touchscreen guy however.
    03-11-12 09:09 PM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD