Hello,

I've recently got my eleventh convert to the Playbook. I just truly believe that it is the best tablet out there. But when you add the 199.00 price tag, it is hands down a steal of a deal. I've researched other tablets out there in detail and for the specs there is no better in my view.

I'm getting a great deal of satisfaction watching friends get the Playbook and also helping them along a bit. I also benefit from getting them on VideoChat and I've done the same with phones and BBM Music.

I know some turkey will likely post something negative about it but this post is for Playbook users that want to help people get more Playbooks. Especially before the price goes back up.

So here is my question. Would anyone be interested in a little contest about how many BB Playbooks we can move this year? I believe it will prime the BB10 devices and help a bunch of people save money and get a great tablet.

We can continue this conversation by e-mail or whatever. Share tips and ideas, etc.

I bet we can take the projection of 3 million PB's to 8 million.

Any takers? I love BlackBerry and would like to chat with users that are willing to go above and beyond more directly . I know it is kind of compulsive and nutty but hey, some people like to smoke pot, I like to see BlackBerry do great in 2012.
    03-10-12 07:09 PM
    4 so far this year for me
    03-10-12 07:35 PM
    my parents bought 1 after i showed them mine. And 2 friends bought them too.
    03-10-12 07:39 PM
    Hello,

I've recently got my eleventh convert to the Playbook. I just truly believe that it is the best tablet out there. But when you add the 199.00 price tag, it is hands down a steal of a deal. I've researched other tablets out there in detail and for the specs there is no better in my view.

I'm getting a great deal of satisfaction watching friends get the Playbook and also helping them along a bit. I also benefit from getting them on VideoChat and I've done the same with phones and BBM Music.

I know some turkey will likely post something negative about it but this post is for Playbook users that want to help people get more Playbooks. Especially before the price goes back up.

So here is my question. Would anyone be interested in a little contest about how many BB Playbooks we can move this year? I believe it will prime the BB10 devices and help a bunch of people save money and get a great tablet.

We can continue this conversation by e-mail or whatever. Share tips and ideas, etc.

I bet we can take the projection of 3 million PB's to 8 million.

Any takers? I love BlackBerry and would like to chat with users that are willing to go above and beyond more directly . I know it is kind of compulsive and nutty but hey, some people like to smoke pot, I like to see BlackBerry do great in 2012.
    What's the prize?

7 Have moved because of me since January. Not counting the 3 I own.

And does ancillary business count? Meaning, I get someone to buy one and they get someone to buy one.

But before we get into all of that.

What's the prize?

And, if the new PB releases at the $499 price point will this friendly competition become null and void?
    ALToronto and Thunderbuck like this.
    03-10-12 08:10 PM
    s7khan, playbookster, awesome.

[email protected],
    Well, besides the satisfaction of helping our friends get a great tablet at an absolutely awesome price, it can be anything we want. I would say an nice bottle of wine and a toast for BlackBerry using video chat but I'm open to suggestions. I think here, imagination is the limit. Maybe we can talk to the CrackBerry guys and we can track our unit sales by getting cases for the Playbook through CB (I am a huge believer in getting a case for them. Even if we are getting them at 199.00 this is a $500.00 piece of equipment). What would motivate you? I'm probably in. Honestly, for someone to beat me, they are going to have to move at least 60-70 tablets this year and if that is the case then I'd be happy to fly out and treat them and their spouse to a great dinner out or something pretty nice.

The idea is to just blow the doors off Playbook sales on 2012. I think this is likely if we, the users, just show our tablets around and yes, if you show one and they buy then if they show it and someone else buys I think you should take credit for it.

I used to be in sales and a friendly bet made me and a co-worker the top sales guys in the region. He and I were going hard to win but we helped each other make sales. It was a win/win. Back then we took our wives to a nice, nice dinner out. The loser paid. It was not really about the win as much as having fun and doing great. I was thinking the process itself would help us meet people that think alike and make a few CrackBerry friends. Also, learn from each other, which apps and procedures work best.
    Last edited by guerllamo7; 03-10-12 at 10:22 PM.
    03-10-12 10:18 PM
    I'm working on 5 people. I convinced 2 people to get Thunderbolts when I had one.

And...I love good wine!

I'm in.
    Last edited by chrisy520; 03-10-12 at 10:22 PM.
    03-10-12 10:19 PM
    5 playbooks
    4 9900
    1 9810
    In the last few months. Now not so close to the ones I might be able to convert. But best of luck to the rest of you, I'll always do what I can.
    Truly I wish I could have my own kiosk to sell only BlackBerry products. I'd sell the he!! Out of them!
    03-10-12 10:27 PM
    christy520,
    That is awesome. I just want to share with you that for me the key has been to really help them set-up the Playbook so that it is a breeze to use. I have purchased many apps out of curiosity and always check CB for new and interesting apps.

Dude, you live in SW Florida. If you go for it and you win, I'd be happy to fly out there, my buddy has a vacation home out there and buy you and your spouse a nice dinner or something. I love SCUBA diving in the Keys.

Lets see how much interest we can get. If we get say 10-15 people to try this out, I'll conctact you guys directly on the CB e-mail and we can track our progress and share ideas and tips regularly. It would be an awesome competition!!!

At that point we can get a BBM Group going and rock all the way to December 31st!
    Awesome. Good luck with those five!!

Go BlackBerry!!!
    Chrisy likes this.
    03-10-12 10:30 PM
    christy520,
    That is awesome. I just want to share with you that for me the key has been to really help them set-up the Playbook and follow up with them. I have purchased many apps out of curiosity and always check CB for new and interesting apps.

Dude, you live in SW Florida. If you go for it and you win, I'd be happy to fly out there, my buddy has a vacation home out there and buy you and your spouse a nice dinner or something. I love SCUBA diving in the Keys.

Lets see how much interest we can get. If we get say 10-15 people to try this out, I'll conctact you guys directly on the CB e-mail and we can track our progress and share ideas and tips regularly. It would be an awesome competition!!!

At that point we can get a BBM Group going and rock all the way to December 31st!
    Awesome. Good luck with those five!!

Go BlackBerry!!!
    03-10-12 10:31 PM
    I tried. My friends are idiots. I have one long time buddy that takes it personally when someone talks good about anything other than an Apple. He is the typical Kool-Aid drinking Apple cult member.
    sybrandyp and mzceetee like this.
    03-10-12 10:41 PM
    I tried. My friends are idiots. I have one long time buddy that takes it personally when someone talks good about anything other than an Apple. He is the typical Kool-Aid drinking Apple cult member.
    You know Van, for a moment this thread was actually moving along in a very positive direction...
    ambarmetta likes this.
    03-10-12 11:13 PM
    s7khan, playbookster, awesome.

[email protected],
    Well, besides the satisfaction of helping our friends get a great tablet at an absolutely awesome price, it can be anything we want. I would say an nice bottle of wine and a toast for BlackBerry using video chat but I'm open to suggestions. I think here, imagination is the limit. Maybe we can talk to the CrackBerry guys and we can track our unit sales by getting cases for the Playbook through CB (I am a huge believer in getting a case for them. Even if we are getting them at 199.00 this is a $500.00 piece of equipment). What would motivate you? I'm probably in. Honestly, for someone to beat me, they are going to have to move at least 60-70 tablets this year and if that is the case then I'd be happy to fly out and treat them and their spouse to a great dinner out or something pretty nice.

The idea is to just blow the doors off Playbook sales on 2012. I think this is likely if we, the users, just show our tablets around and yes, if you show one and they buy then if they show it and someone else buys I think you should take credit for it.

I used to be in sales and a friendly bet made me and a co-worker the top sales guys in the region. He and I were going hard to win but we helped each other make sales. It was a win/win. Back then we took our wives to a nice, nice dinner out. The loser paid. It was not really about the win as much as having fun and doing great. I was thinking the process itself would help us meet people that think alike and make a few CrackBerry friends. Also, learn from each other, which apps and procedures work best.
    I don't need anything. Just looking to see what incentives might be...

I'm always in for some gentleman-ly(and ladylike for any joiners of the fairer persuasion) competition. Let me know when you guys know what rules of engagement are and how to track so we can get crackin'.

That said, if the new PB launches at price point that puts it at a disadvantage...

I'm Out(Shark Tank).
    03-10-12 11:22 PM
    well i got my PlayBook in august 2011, it was my first BB device.

since then my family has switched to BB handsets (5 of them)
    and I've given a PlayBook to each of my sisters for Christmas (so 2 more)

Love BB
    03-11-12 12:40 AM
    Well I'm going to need a demo model. I hate letting people play with mine. Lol
    Where are yall seeing the PB still on sale? Everywhere I look the price has gone back up. My sister in law ordered 1 from office depot 16gb for $499. I have 3 other people wanting to buy one but can't bring themselves to letting go of $500.
    I think the best thing we can do is get the word out. I think instead of a contest this should be. Team project. Like we make videos and upload em on youtube and spread the links. Make cool graphic designs and post em around.
    We can feed off each other's ideas and help spread each other links. I don't mind advertising for Rim.
    I have a recording software on my laptop that recorded what I'm doing on my blackberry. I use it to make tutorials. I haven't been able to find one that works for the PB. I thought that would be cool to make video tutorials of using the PB. I thought about using roxio or nero to video capture but the hdmi on my laptop is out only. My capture card doesn't have a hdmi port. Who knows we might spark some creativity w/ Rim.
    03-11-12 01:11 AM
    Well I'm going to need a demo model. I hate letting people play with mine. Lol
    Where are yall seeing the PB still on sale? Everywhere I look the price has gone back up. My sister in law ordered 1 from office depot 16gb for $499. I have 3 other people wanting to buy one but can't bring themselves to letting go of $500.
    I think the best thing we can do is get the word out. I think instead of a contest this should be. Team project. Like we make videos and upload em on youtube and spread the links. Make cool graphic designs and post em around.
    We can feed off each other's ideas and help spread each other links. I don't mind advertising for Rim.
    I have a recording software on my laptop that recorded what I'm doing on my blackberry. I use it to make tutorials. I haven't been able to find one that works for the PB. I thought that would be cool to make video tutorials of using the PB. I thought about using roxio or nero to video capture but the hdmi on my laptop is out only. My capture card doesn't have a hdmi port. Who knows we might spark some creativity w/ Rim.
    Get your friends to buy directly from RIM :
    their site
    199$ for a 16GB PlayBook
    Chrisy likes this.
    03-11-12 01:13 AM
    I got my brother hooked, and my father inlaw got my 16gb when I upgraded to a 64gb. You guys are clobbering me lol
    03-11-12 07:31 AM
    13Echo4,
    Those are great ideas and I completely want us to share information and use it as a constructive and friendly competition. The video idea is great. I actually have made about 10 videos for the BlackBerry phones and they are all on YouTube.
    As for where to buy them, BlackBerry still has them at 199.00 and Best Buy (I was there yesterday - getting a HDMI mini to DHMI to VGA adapter) also at 199.00.

The good news is that the Playbook was actually on, loaded and working. Nice! We are moving in the right direction.

Here is the deal:
    On March 15th, which is the day I'm cancelling my Netflix unless they state they are supporting the Playbook, I'll get the names of those that want to do this and we can start communicating via CB e-mail, maybe set-up a BBM group, and agree on the process.
    I'm looking forward to working with some of you guys on this as I've already chatted on other issues and gotten help from some of you on BB tips.

I think by March 15th, we will have a team ready to go and we can move our conversation to CB e-mail so we don't disturb others and trolls don't disturb us. As for the specifics, once I compile the list I'll send out a simple sheet so we can vote on what we want as a price and things like that.

Goooooooo RIM!!!
    Chrisy likes this.
    03-11-12 11:46 AM
    13Echo4,
    Those are great ideas and I completely want us to share information and use it as a constructive and friendly competition. The video idea is great. I actually have made about 10 videos for the BlackBerry phones and they are all on YouTube.
    As for where to buy them, BlackBerry still has them at 199.00 and Best Buy (I was there yesterday - getting a HDMI mini to DHMI to VGA adapter) also at 199.00.

The good news is that the Playbook was actually on, loaded and working. Nice! We are moving in the right direction.

Here is the deal:
    On March 15th, which is the day I'm cancelling my Netflix unless they state they are supporting the Playbook, I'll get the names of those that want to do this and we can start communicating via CB e-mail, maybe set-up a BBM group, and agree on the process.
    I'm looking forward to working with some of you guys on this as I've already chatted on other issues and gotten help from some of you on BB tips.

I think by March 15th, we will have a team ready to go and we can move our conversation to CB e-mail so we don't disturb others and trolls don't disturb us. As for the specifics, once I compile the list I'll send out a simple sheet so we can vote on what we want as a price and things like that.

Goooooooo RIM!!!
    It looks like Best Buy has the price at $499 again. And Staples and Office Depot no longer have item on the websites.

So, unless we're competing on Craigslist, I'm bowing out.

Sorry,it will be difficult for me to convince folks to pay $499 when it was as lw as $199. There's a psychology involved here.

If the price comes back down, I'll be more than happy to help you guys. I did strategic sales for a number of years.

Best of luck gentlemen.
    03-11-12 12:34 PM
    It looks like Best Buy has the price at $499 again. And Staples and Office Depot no longer have item on the websites.
    Try the BlackBerry website

BlackBerry - BlackBerry PlayBook Price - BlackBerry PlayBook OS 2.0 - US
    03-11-12 01:06 PM
    13Echo4,

Here is the deal:
    On March 15th, which is the day I'm cancelling my Netflix unless they state they are supporting. the Playbook, I'll get the names of those that want to do this and we can start communicating via CB e-mail, maybe set-up a BBM group, and agree on the process.

Goooooooo RIM!!!
    Creating a bbm group is a good idea for us to plan projects, but going private is not. The idea is to get the word out.
    Dude post the link to your videos.
    The forums are here to discuse thingsabout blackberry. There is no better place than here.
    sir.dangerfield likes this.
    03-11-12 04:12 PM
    Jeovex,
    I hope you sign up with us. It sounds like you are rocking Playbooks all over the place. What would be awesome is if they love them and show them to others and on and on.

I don't care what the media says, they just won't be able to stop us from spreading the word.
    03-11-12 06:49 PM
    VanCity778,
    I love your efforts on the petition for Netflix. I have given them until March 15th to state otherwise or I'm gone.

Although I know what you are talking about Apple fans, I would focus on people that have the iPad1 or iPad2. Maybe there is an opportunity there. Think about it, if they get both tablets they will be able to use each where they shine. Each has its strengths. For example, free docs to go premium on PB. Also, Scrapbook is a neat little app that is only on the Playbook.
    Also, the tablet business is very young. There are a ton of people that are still not in this space.
    My strategy is to show them the tablet first and totally wow them, then tell them about all the free apps one gets and then tell them the price.
    Good luck and try not to get too frustrated with Apple fans, after all, we are kind of the same for BlackBerry.
    03-11-12 06:57 PM
    I've actually never tried to convince any of my friends to buy anything simply because they may not appreciate things the way I appreciate them.
    03-12-12 07:34 AM
    I won't participate, however I'll watch...
    Already convinced 2 of my family members to get PlayBook's.
    (Not including the 2 I own...)
    Last edited by r0v3rT3N; 03-12-12 at 08:49 AM.
    guerllamo7 likes this.
    03-12-12 07:43 AM
    Nice challenge but alas most people I know are still using dumb phones and don't see a need for anything more. My sister may be getting one though.

@dzeggs the price has gone back up before for a short time due to some dumb law? In the states but goes right back down after whatever time period has to pass. Will thatnhappen again?
    03-12-12 07:58 AM
234 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD