I sometimes need to record a spoken word voice audition and then email it as an MP3. This requires much better sound than a simple voice notes app and though it's more often than not just a voice without additional tracks, it usually it needs an edit or two. I haven't yet purchased a Playbook because a lot of my voice-overfriends are all about iPad/Garage Band, etc. for recording on the go. I did see a small thread about iSequenceNloop via App World, but does anyone else have any suggestions? And what's the quality of the native voice record program (if there is one)? Is there a USB, micro port, or other way to attach a mic? Thanks for any suggestions/feedback
    03-10-12 12:00 PM
    The PlayBook records in sterio. Dunno if that is good enough for you thou.

And welcome to the forums.
    clemmiez likes this.
    03-10-12 01:48 PM
    The native pb has stereo mics and most think that the sound is pretty good. Early on, someone posted their daughter playing the piano and one guy played some mouth blower (boy and I not doing his great presentation justice!)

Headphone mic will be monaural. No usb support at this time for any input.

I think someone got quite a few hours of recording a conference session.
    clemmiez likes this.
    03-10-12 01:52 PM
    Don't have the Playbook in hand yet, but will give it a go when I do. Thanks for the welcome. Great bunch here

The PlayBook records in sterio. Dunno if that is good enough for you thou.

And welcome to the forums.
    03-11-12 07:57 PM
    Listen to the videos I posted in the weekend pictures thread and see what you think. It's just background birds etc.
    clemmiez likes this.
    03-11-12 08:28 PM
    ...Thanks everyone for all the advice. But sorry to say Playbook won't be able to do what I need it most for. I asked a seminar full of big-league voice over pros (the people you hear announcing what's next on all the major TV stations plus a lot of commercial voice actors) and unfortunately they said, iPad for away from the studio use. That was after one of them said from the stage, "Playbook? Are you joking? Really...". One of them later came up to chat and said they've got nothing against Playbook personally - it's great for many things and many businesses, but unfortunately not for ours. Many musicians go "i" also for the same reason. Personally, I need something that is capable of recording top quality spoken word, not just dialogue for a voice memo. Only a minute or two worth of track, but it has to be done via a pro exterior mic and then quickly edited, converted and emailed as an MP3. Couldn't find a way to hook up a mic on PB, and the simplest industry standard editing program, Twisted Wave, is Apple friendly only. Whaaa. Yes, I know the Playbook has the advantage of tethering with my Blackberry, but until RIM moves from corporate business friendly to creative business friendly with their tablets, I have to do the iPad thing. And if they don't start making bigger screen phones (with the keyboards I love), I may have to move on from the phones, too...Though I dread the touch screen keyboards...I so wish RIM would step up and become the leader it once was. Or at least, try and come close. Right now it seems like it's totally given up. Sad.
    03-20-12 02:37 PM
    Sounds like you were looking for love in all the wrong places.
    03-20-12 04:23 PM
    Clemmiez I would love tools to do what you say. Currently they do not exist for PB. Are you saying that voice over pros use only ipads when they are out of the studio? How did voice over work get done before?
    03-20-12 06:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD