Now that we are up and running on OS 2.0, what do you think will be available in the next upgrade? What key features are still being developed that would make the already awesome tablet an even more awesome tablet?
    03-10-12 01:12 AM
    My inside sources tell me the 2.1 release will occur on xx/xx/2012....had to break my NDA to disclose the year......as far as month and day....that's still classified

................once again---------->
    03-10-12 01:19 AM
    03-10-12 08:01 AM
    I hope there are minor bug updates before OS2.1 is released.
    03-10-12 08:04 AM
    The survey suggested the possibility of users changing font type and font size on the home screen.
    03-13-12 05:31 PM
    Now that we are up and running on OS 2.0, what do you think will be available in the next upgrade? What key features are still being developed that would make the already awesome tablet an even more awesome tablet?
    If I HAD to guess (and really, who's holding a gun to my head?), I'd say we might be looking at File Manager improvements, maybe bookmark management in the browser, added functionality to the new Messaging apps (full Twitter client? Hmmm?), and maybe music/video streaming over the Bridge.

VERY likely: NFC support for the new 3G tabs...
    03-13-12 06:01 PM
    I'd kill for a way to synch my BB's contacts and calendar with my Playbook without having to resort to a third party. I dont see any real reason why they couldn't do this, so I'm praying for it.
    pblakeney and RWD like this.
    03-14-12 06:04 PM
    I happy if:

there would be a really bigg change for the sharing things (like photos/videos...etc) from the galery or the explorer. One button give you chance to share on every account where you signed in (like the android does and working now on the playbook to jet... But I heard the rumor about they want to remove this feature)

I also need a PC/android/iOS/MAC client for the video chat (to the PC is extremly the others recomended). Or give skype and the google voice support for it. I dont care the skype if they give me a chance to use their video chat like that. I hate the imo and the ReelPortal to.

Need to repair the gesture controll to "call the screen alive" (the a gesture: swipe your fingers from the down black zone to the up zone). Now sometime its just open if I touch...

Need a swipe pattern pasword lock to open the device (I know you use the number password on your computer to but maybe you can tie your password with your pattern and unlock your machine is become more comfortable. Of course you will able to switch the two kind of opening method)

Need faster and stable android app runner (I know they planning to remove it but then they really need to get a Latitude like pre chacheable map. I think I'm not the only one who choose the playbook instead a cheap android tablet for this feature. I also disapointed the app runner because most of the app laggy and unstable but there is some app still what the playbook app store don't have an I want to use.)

Need codecs for the video player. A bunch of codecs! Not stupid converters!

Need internal USB and card reader support! They designed to work with these machine, right? So I dont want to play with my telephone every thime when I need to get a file from someone pandrive or sd cards.

Voice command. Thats would be nice.

Change for the camera: Loud voice activated shot, timer, take a shot every X minute until I don't switch off.

thats all! I dont care the borwser score. I think its fast enough to me. Give me a chance to communicate and use the device faster, smarter and better and I will stay.
    rleo25 likes this.
    04-09-12 10:49 AM
    We already know that the browser will be much better, they're using a later version of Webkit with over 8000 improvements
    04-09-12 08:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD