Datebook/Pimlical is a fantastic calendar/planner program and I would love to see it made available for Playbook. If anyone is interested, please email CESD at Pimlico Software <[email protected]> to express your interest.

The following is an email I received from him and it sounds like if there is enough interest, he might repackage the program.

When time permits I will look at this � so far only one other person has inquired about this � and it would not be possible to get to this until after the local USB sync for Pimlical/Android is completed as that is something thousands of users are clamoring for. It requires several days of study � downloading their SDK and figuring out what needs to be done in terms of getting the app signed etc. to run on their device � and without any device to look at for testing � this would take some time� Pimlical/Android only brings in $3.50 of revenue/copy � so it does require substantial interest to look at anything like this.

Cheers!

CESD, Pimlico Software, Inc.
    03-09-12 08:29 PM
    OMG. I haven't thought about Datebk for years (since I left Palm PDAs in 2004). But it was my favorite program. This would be an awesome addition to the Playbook.
    03-09-12 08:49 PM
    The program has been updated to run under Android and it is now called Pimlical. It will sync with Google calendar and has a desktop version that runs under Windows as well. I think it is the most versatile calendar program available.

Please send CESD an email to encourage him to port the program to Playbook.
    Last edited by ninepbs; 03-13-12 at 02:17 AM.
    03-09-12 11:25 PM
    I will do this for sure. I used Datebook for years on my Palm and would be in heaven if it was developed for Playbook.
    03-10-12 11:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD