Hey guys,

Just wanted to let you know that I've solved my battery problem. The initial batch of batteries seems to have had an issue because mine was dying without usage within the day.

Solution: I bought a replacement battery from another batch and the difference is huge!

The phones are not defective, the batteries are. It now goes a day no problem.

My current battery's batch is made in China.

Hope this helps

Here's the update on battery models:

The Original (that came with the bb):

Cell made in Japan
    Further processed in Mexico
    BAT-30615-006
    Lot: DC110919
    JSM9A

New Battery:

Cell made in Korea
    Further processed in China
    BAT-30615-006
    Lot: DC110901
    LOP1A
    Last edited by lumos; 03-10-12 at 03:27 PM. Reason: Update
    03-09-12 07:03 PM
    Can you refer a website that contains the new batch?
    03-09-12 07:18 PM
    There was a thread about this where Rogers is replacing the batteries on all customers who made complains. Search the forums, I am sure you will find that thread.
    03-09-12 07:29 PM
    This was known when the new Bold was first released and I believe Rogers was the only carrier to admit the issue existed.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    03-09-12 08:01 PM
    I wish Sprint would.
    03-09-12 08:09 PM
    Some special SW was loaded to my 9900 which was supposedly given to Orange Dominicana by RIM. At the same time my battery was supposedly changed. I say supposedly because everything was done in the "tech area" behind the closed doors.

Now ordered replacement original battery and mobile charger on ebay, once I get it I'll see if the other battery makes a difference.
    03-09-12 11:54 PM
    Ive always updated SW to latest leak or official and never really noticed a huge difference in battery life between builds.

I did recently though update to 7.1 leak and at similar time bought a 2nd battery that im now using. I am getting battery life now, so not sure if its the new battery or the OS or a combination of both.

Steve
    03-10-12 04:13 AM
    Also just to let you know that you can modify Options settings to optimize your battery life.

To me there is no difference between the blacklight set to 100% and set to 10% so I use the backlight settings at the lowest possible level.

Make sure there are no apps running in the background.

I found that browsing the App World will drain the battery at an alarming rate. Even the web browser and Facebook don't take that much battery power.

Stop all auto refresh on apps. You will still get pushed notifications without auto refresh.
    03-10-12 10:04 AM
    I wonder if Bell will give me a replacement battery. Also, did you get this "second batch" on ebay? Both batches of batteries were made in China, most if not all of the BB is made in China.
    03-10-12 10:31 AM
    Batteries are on sale now at shopcrackberry. I just ordered one.
    03-10-12 10:38 AM
    After installing Sprint Bundle 921 via Wifi on my 9930, the battery lasts at least 24hrs with moderate use (e-mails, texts, web etc.. 80% back light and 40+ apps) But, the important thing is still remembering to close the apps when finished.
    03-10-12 10:53 AM
    Wifi on: astonishing
    EDGE: super
    3G (wifi off): problem
    For me
    03-10-12 01:20 PM
    Can you refer a website that contains the new batch?
    Hi,

I just bought it on ebay for $14 and $4 shipping. The reason was to test out if it was the phone causing the battery drain or the battery itself. The answer is very clear now.

forgot to mention: it's OEM and authentic blackberry and I am always on 3G since my network only operates on the 3g bands so shutting 3G down to save battery is not possible.

Going to update my main post with the two battery batches (bad and good one)

I wonder if Bell will give me a replacement battery. Also, did you get this "second batch" on ebay? Both batches of batteries were made in China, most if not all of the BB is made in China.
    wrong! the first battery's cell was made in japan and the battery was processed in mexico
    Last edited by lumos; 03-10-12 at 03:21 PM.
    03-10-12 03:04 PM
    Hey guys,

Just wanted to let you know that I've solved my battery problem. The initial batch of batteries seems to have had an issue because mine was dying without usage within the day.

Solution: I bought a replacement battery from another batch and the difference is huge!

The phones are not defective, the batteries are. It now goes a day no problem.

My current battery's batch is made in China.

Hope this helps
    I find this hard to believe and how do you know for sure cracberry has that batch?
    03-10-12 05:15 PM
    I find this hard to believe and how do you know for sure cracberry has that batch?
    I don't know for sure that they have it. I never mentioned them. I just said that the one I got from ebay was a different batch and it lasts a full day whereas the previous one died in 6 - 8 hrs

Just my findings and conclusions to so many people having the battery problems
    03-10-12 05:48 PM
    Mine is
    Cell Made in Korea, Furthe rprocessed in China
    BAT 30615-006
    LOT DC110618
    LOP1A 02987

but it still isn't anything special...
    45 hours since recharge, about 15 short phone calls and about 20 missed calls. No emails, no BBM, no apps, about 3 minute 3G browsing, phone always on 2G, GPS off, backlight at 10/10, 3 battery pulls... and I am at 30% now... that's not good at all.

Browsing in general drains the battery extremely fast...phone calls not much, video and music not much either. But browsing and especially 3G, yeah, it Dracula sucks the battery.
    03-10-12 06:04 PM
    Mine is
    Cell Made in Korea, Furthe rprocessed in China
    BAT 30615-006
    LOT DC110618
    LOP1A 02987

but it still isn't anything special...
    45 hours since recharge, about 15 short phone calls and about 20 missed calls. No emails, no BBM, no apps, about 3 minute 3G browsing, phone always on 2G, GPS off, backlight at 10/10, 3 battery pulls... and I am at 30% now... that's not good at all.

Browsing in general drains the battery extremely fast...phone calls not much, video and music not much either. But browsing and especially 3G, yeah, it Dracula sucks the battery.
    45 hours is amazing considering some of us are getting around 8 hours. Not even doing as much as you were with it.

The new battery I have now can probably compete with yours.
    03-10-12 06:24 PM
    Lumos, you are always on 3G, I am always on 2G. If I put my BB into 3G standby, it would drain at about 4% per hour just on standby and about 3.5% for each 5 minutes of call. On 2G it drains about 1.5% per hour on 2G standby and 1.5% for each 5 minutes of call. So on 3G after 8 hours and 30 minutes of calls I would be at about 40% on 3G, while on 2G it would be 78% or so.
    03-10-12 07:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD