I have had a few interactions with Xobni support lately, as I was having some issues. I have been a power user and an Alpha tester for them since the product was first being developed, and they seem to be backing off on the Playbook and perhaps BlackBerry 10. Just yesterday I had the following interaction;

Finally, I would love to hear the reason support and development have decided not to Port Xobni or Smartr to the BlackBerry Playbook. Does that also mean that when BlackBerry 10 arrives the Xobni Support for Blackberry will terminate since that is basically the same OS as the Playbook? I expect to be upgrading to the fist handset that is released with the new OS, so it will help me to know how my preferred developers are looking at BlackBerry on their Roadmap.

Thanks again!!

Hi Matthew,

Yup - you just use your login to activate the premium features in all our products.

We are a very small team so we have to focus on certain areas at a time. Right now our priority is to make our iPhone and Android products really good, but may revisit the BlackBerry platform in the future. Thanks for understanding

Thanks,
    Eirik

Director, Xobni Support

This really upsets me because BlackBerry was the first mobile platform to embrace Xobni and contributed to their tremendous growth.

Am I the only one who would love to see this app? I realize that the native contact app does SOME of what Xobni/Smartr does, but for me, with 6000 contacts across 4 gmails accounts, My Torch, as well as Outlook, having all of this available from the Playbook - would be incredible. Even using my Phone version via Bridge would suffice.

Any thoughts out there?
    03-09-12 03:41 PM
    You could try Gist - Similar features as Xobni - but fully owned by RIM - and works great so far... native app for BB phones exist - and hopefully a *full* integration would be found on the Playbook soon.
    03-09-12 04:36 PM
    I find Xobni a fabulous piece of software
    But as a pro subscriber am really disappointed that Xobni seem to have no interest in blackberry 10,
    The way it integrated with blackberry was far better than they integrate with the iOS o/s system
    Shame on Xobni,
    Just wish I could find a similar app for my Z10
    04-02-13 03:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD