when I place my phone in my holster, then it rings, when I pull it out it's already answered the call. I don't want that to happen, I want the choice of do I answer or not. And locking the phone does not do it either. Any ideas gang?
    09-10-08 03:02 PM
    Hello and welcome!

Green call button, menu key, options, general options, Auto Answer Calls ---> Never.
    09-10-08 03:04 PM
    Hello and welcome!

Green call button, menu key, options, general options, Auto Answer Calls ---> Never.
    I just got my 8830 one week ago. I just looked at the above steps and I don't have a "general options" choice. When I go in to Options it lists a bunch of other options but not a "general". Any thoughts?
    09-12-08 07:16 PM
    I think you must have missed a step. The path as given is correct. General Options is the first entry in Options.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-12-08 07:35 PM
    Yup, still trying to figure things out. Found it. Thanks.
    09-12-08 07:38 PM
    I just got my 8830 one week ago. I just looked at the above steps and I don't have a "general options" choice. When I go in to Options it lists a bunch of other options but not a "general". Any thoughts?
    You have to hit the green button (talk) first. What your trying to do is a phone option. Hit the green button (talk) and follow the rest of the steps.
    09-12-08 07:39 PM
    Exactly what I was doing. Feel stupid now.
    09-12-08 07:51 PM
    Glad you figured it out. Welcome to the forums, and be sure to check-out the BlackBerry 101 tutorials and the FAQ under the Newbies tab.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-12-08 07:56 PM
    Thanks. This place is awesome. I'll have to go read those post now.

I've only had it a week now and don't know how I lived without it.
    09-12-08 08:06 PM
    Exactly what I was doing. Feel stupid now.
    Please dont feel stupid; thats what we're here for!!
    09-12-08 08:13 PM
    great. Thanks.
    09-12-08 08:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD