Just wondering how many people use both devices. I'm sure most of can admit (those that have actually use the devices for a while and not used their friends for 2 mins) both have their respective strengths. Why do you carry both devices? Is it because you liked both so much couldn't just pick one, you've always carried an ipod before so this is ever better or......?

Will there ever be 1 device that encompasses everything anyone could ever need in 1 package?

SOUND OFF!
    09-10-08 02:28 PM
    I have both a Curve and an iPhone 3G, but I only use the iPhone 3G.
    09-10-08 02:45 PM
    I have both a Curve and an iPhone 3G, but I only use the iPhone 3G.
    How come? Do you just keep both just to have them? Can't let go of the BB?
    09-10-08 02:49 PM
    I have both... I plan on switching from time to time.
    09-10-08 04:50 PM
    I wish I had an iPhone solely for browsing the web. Other than that, my Blackberry does everything that I need it to do; and more!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-10-08 05:07 PM
    i have an iphone 3g as my primary device but miss my berry so much im buying my friend's tmo curve and unlocking it so i can use both from time to time. Almost dropped my iPhone on a cement floor already!! So I am getting the curve and i already got one of beckymae's custom painted housings buying the other stuff from ccn.cn and its gonna be my brandy new custom BeaterBerry
    09-10-08 05:39 PM
    How come? Do you just keep both just to have them? Can't let go of the BB?
    I have it as a a backup just in case anything happens to my iPhone.
    09-10-08 07:54 PM
    I normally have both.

iPhone for play and the Blackberry is my company device. When the Bold comes out, I plan on getting it as well. Honestly, BB messenger is awesome. I had over 60 buddies.

For my uses the iPhone excels in every category (except a possible one). I couldn't stand the email client on the berry. 4.5 made it a lot better, but not quite. The one part that my Curve/Pearl had was the phone aspect for call handling, but then again, I never have those issues on Edge. We will see if the Bold can still rock in that category on 3g.
    09-10-08 10:13 PM
    I have both, basically holding on to BB Curve now because my husband has one and it is awesome to use messenger to "talk" throughout the day. I may hang on to both, my BB contract is up in November. I love the iPhone but miss most the task list function, copy and paste, and I have experienced more dropped calls with it than Curve but I hear that is suppose to get better. I didn't miss the BB email as much as I thought because I already had a Yahoo account and just forwarded my work email there, and it gets it at almost the exact same time as Curve sometimes even before. If I had to use BB more for business issues, at this point, I don't think the iPhone would cut it by itself. However, the way I look at it is they are only (hopefully) going to improve and keep adding things to iPhone.
    09-11-08 08:51 AM
    I carry both. I always carried an iPod so it works perfectly for me. Blackberry during the week and iPhone on the weekends. My wife has just an iPhone and when the Bold comes out, I'm getting it and she will then take my curve. So we both will be carrying both an iPhone and Blackberry.

Has anyone ever used a cloned SIM so you can use two devices at the same time with just the info from the original SIM? This would be awesome and any information would be helpful.
    09-11-08 09:48 AM
    I carry both. I always carried an iPod so it works perfectly for me. Blackberry during the week and iPhone on the weekends. My wife has just an iPhone and when the Bold comes out, I'm getting it and she will then take my curve. So we both will be carrying both an iPhone and Blackberry.

Has anyone ever used a cloned SIM so you can use two devices at the same time with just the info from the original SIM? This would be awesome and any information would be helpful.
    even tho it's illegal to clone sims wished they offered this.
    09-11-08 01:01 PM
    even tho it's illegal to clone sims wished they offered this.
    Yeah. They should allow people to keep a backup of their SIM card. I would pay a fee to get a duplicate SIM card just for my own use.
    09-11-08 02:04 PM
    i have both and i use both. my blackberry is my personal line and my iphone is my work line. i use both of the devices about the same amount
    09-11-08 04:26 PM
    They would never allow cloned sim. Too much Fraud would be going on.

"I didn't make those ten miillion call. Someone may have stolen my second sim."
    09-11-08 06:06 PM
    I have both, lately I have been using the iphone a little more then the berry, at least on the data side. I found third party apps that sync tasks and notes and I use mobile me so everything stays synced up, like one big mobile happy family!
    09-12-08 09:00 AM
    Iphone and blackberry? That's almost overkill. lol. But then again i've seen pictures of people carrying both. So i guess it's not that much of an overkill.
    09-15-08 01:40 AM
    Got the iPhone a few weeks ago. Mostly just to try it out as I had been somewhat of a "hater" for a long time. I must say I enjoy it alot but I still hang on to my bb pearl. I use the pin feature too much to really let go of my pearl but if t-mo shows some mettle and actually get the javelin like I'm sure they will, I'll update. I actually don't mind carrying two phones, though today is the first that I left the BB at home.
    09-15-08 10:21 AM
    Iphone and blackberry? That's almost overkill. lol. But then again i've seen pictures of people carrying both. So i guess it's not that much of an overkill.
    It's not overkill LOL. Especially for those of us that already carried a phone and ipod. I've always had my ipod with me especially at work since we are allowed to listen to them. So I just replacing the ipod with the iphone. I may switch back and forth throughout the day if I want to listen to the radio on AOL radio through the iphone.
    09-15-08 01:29 PM
    Yeah. They should allow people to keep a backup of their SIM card. I would pay a fee to get a duplicate SIM card just for my own use.
    My uncle already did that, but he has to go in and activate it if he wants to use it. but they copied all his contacts over so he won't have to do that.
    09-28-08 04:28 PM
    i have both and i gotta test out to see which ones i use more....just got my iPhone today
    10-01-08 07:54 PM
    congrats on the iPhone! mines on the way!
    10-01-08 07:59 PM
    Indeed, that is too much. I have seen pics of that as well. Not my idea of fun.
    10-01-08 08:49 PM
    Guilty as charged. Not necessarily carrying them to be seen, but one or two of each in my bag is not uncommon. Alas.

Then again I deal phones, so there's my excuse.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-01-08 11:31 PM
    Heyall, im new here

I carry both. I own a BBerry Bold 9000 and an iPhone 3G.

Bold for:

- anything IM
    - Awesome, awesome battery life
    - Push mail for work (exchange server)
    - Very stable cellular network connexion
    - Physical keyboard, which i find a tad easier to use than the virtual kboard

iPhone for:

- anything media: video, audio, podcasts etc.
    - Personal email
    - Youtube
    - Web browsing with Safari
    - Build quality second to none
    - GPS / Maps
    - Contacts and Calendar functions with mobile me auto-synch
    - Applications: Twitter, Tasks manager (Things)

I must admit that if the iPhone had better battery life and better email client, then the bold would be history.

Cheers
    Xav
    10-02-08 09:28 AM
    Great first post wisdom. Welcome to Crackberry.com

10-02-08 11:31 AM
209 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD