Hey guys, its my birthday soon and I was posotive to get the blackberry playbook. However, since the ipad 3 has came out I have been wondering if I should get that? I have I blackberry bold 9900 what I could Use with the playbook,but I'm falling for the camera+screen of the ipad 3? Any suggestions? And also, do you thing blackberry will bring out a tablet to keep up? Thanks
    03-08-12 05:28 AM
    The screen and camera on the playbook is great as well. Playbook is $200/300, the ipad 3 is 500/600/700 big diFference and its still the first batch. Can the playbook compete? NO, not with the lack of apps. If you have the $$$ for ipad then why not right?
    The remote feature on the new OS is cool though, I have a playbook and use it all the time. I like how the playbook is all gestures but it has been one year that i has been out and took one year to get OS 2.0 out when they promised it in june. RIM j e rked its customers around with a beta product at first, it was incomplete for its first year. Also it is still lacking apps. Everyone had words with friends and now that has faded and now everyone has draw something which is extremely popular. By everyone I mean everyone but blackberry.
    Last edited by nyplaya610; 03-08-12 at 05:54 AM.
    03-08-12 05:51 AM
    I think you should short sell Apple stock and save the money you would spend on a new over-priced iPad. The iPads won't sell all the great and Apple stock will start to fall. RIM will announce new devices shortly. Buy the Playbook new or used and be recognized that you know the difference between pizzzing away money like the rest of the iSheep and buying a great product for a great price.

BTW. I have a iPad 2 3G and a Playbook. If I had to make the choice, it would be the Playbook as long as you have a Blackberry Bold 9900.
    Last edited by dagerlach; 03-08-12 at 05:57 AM.
    03-08-12 05:52 AM
    I think you should short sell Apple stock and save the money you would spend on a new over-priced iPad. The iPads won't sell all the great and Apple stock will start to fall. RIM will announce new devices shortly. Buy the Playbook new or used and be recognized that you know the difference between pizzzing away money like the rest of the iSheep and buying a great product for a great price.
    The playbook was also high in price when I bought it back in june and now its at this new low price because it can't sell. Remember high demand then higher prices. Ipads are worth the price that's why people pay for it.
    03-08-12 05:57 AM
    Remember high demand then higher prices. Ipads are worth the price that's why people pay for it.
    The demand does justify high prices no doubt. But the PB is worth the money hardware and function wise. I lacks demand cause it lacks promotion. I don't think I've seen a single commerical about the playbook.
    Rim might have had problem at te CEO position but they need to inlist an advertisement firm stat. I thought maybe that would come w/ the new CEO. It appears to me he is going to leave Rim right it has been in the advertisement playing field.
    The price of the Playbook has gone backup. I don't think it was a smart time to jack the price back up. The "new" hardware always attrack the crowds. Rim shoulda upgraded something for this release of the os v2.0. That would be pulling a page from apples play book. Yea pun intended. Lol.
    Playing with the playbook doesn't take long to realize that there's serious fuction and power here. I'm controling half my house from my PB. My alarm system and the termastat is very cool to be controling from the PB. I found another function for the PB. I installed splashtop on a chicken farmer's pc that help out. Now he can monitor things from the house as well as from his other chicken houses. Before when something happened the system just called him and paged him. Sometimes its just a limited switch that has to be reset. He doesn't have a PB yet cause there's not any in N. Alabama. He is in the process of getting a PB.
    The PB might not have as many apps as apple or android. Where it lacks in numbers it makes up in functions. But the world won't know this cause Rim won't get off its and push it's product.
    03-08-12 07:05 AM

BTW. I have a iPad 2 3G and a Playbook. If I had to make the choice, it would be the Playbook as long as you have a Blackberry Bold 9900.
    Would you sell the iPad for the current cost of the PB?
    03-08-12 07:18 AM

Who in their right mind would short apple right now? Your grip on reality is highly questionable. Lol

Sent from my IPhone 4s using Tapatalk
    03-08-12 07:21 AM
    Would you sell the iPad for the current cost of the PB?
    Um right now they are priced the same. So yea i would sell the ipad3 @ the current price of the PB.
    03-08-12 08:24 AM
    I think you should short sell Apple stock and save the money you would spend on a new over-priced iPad. The iPads won't sell all the great and Apple stock will start to fall. .
    I has an Apple logo on it. It will sell and it'll sell very qell. It'll sell a lot better than the other tablets.
    03-08-12 08:49 AM
    I has an Apple logo on it. It will sell and it'll sell very qell. It'll sell a lot better than the other tablets.
    Your prolly right. You know your ststement has nothing to do with the one you quoted right? The poster was answering the request of the OP. Not making a prediction.
    03-08-12 09:04 AM
    Um right now they are priced the same. So yea i would sell the ipad3 @ the current price of the PB.
    What?

I am talking about the iPad 2 that poster ALREADY owns.
    03-08-12 09:08 AM
    If you only have 300 to spend, or if the 7 inch size is very, very, very important to you, get the ipad. First of all, even though the Playback had nice hardware when it came out, its almost a year old, and it IS almost a year old. With the ipad3 however, you get a screen, a camera and a Graphics chip thats absolutely top of the line, and won't be bested for a long time.

And secondly, ipads keep their value really well. If RIM releases a Playbook2 next year, and you want to get it, you'll be able to sell the ipad3 for close to what you paid for it, and get the PB2.

Playbooks on the other hand, have a poor resale value. You'll be lucky to get 100 dollars for a Playbook next year.
    03-08-12 09:46 AM
    Looks like you have a tough decision there. If you can't live without apps.. Get the ipad. For everything else, there's playbook. (just watched a Mastercard commercial lol). The bottom line really is $500 vs $200...
    03-08-12 12:52 PM
    Your 2 cents are taken into consideration,.and of course, most of us knew this already. That being said, there are different devices for different people. There will never be a 'one device fits all' product out there. The Pb and ipad are two very different tablets. People do not buy them for the same reason. So while you enjoy your iphoto (I have never edited pics in my life.. And really don't plan to unless it's a simple crop), I'll enjoy what makes the pb my device of choice. I enjoy products more when I can justify spending a certain amount of money on them, and feel better about buying products that come from a company I personally respect in a whole.
    03-08-12 03:08 PM
    It's never been about the product alone. Product + Price + Place + Promotion together do the success. Apple always keep their prices constant, high enough to let the profit at it's max but also low enough to let ppl say "argh..ok, i buy it". 500 - 600$ = good, 700$ and up = no good, because ppl will think rational about their money at this point. Ofc. RIM can chop down the price of the PB, which is good for everyone but it will make ppl see it with less exclusivity.

From a user standpoint, I think ppl use their tablets mostly for viewing photos, watch videos, surf the web, manage emails, do some light works on documents...and for everything else, there will be apps for that. I doubt that when ppl try out new tablets in the stores, the first thing they do is to see how well the email app handle all kind of messages. They feel the size, form, the screen and the UI ....and at last the price . The iPad would win at first initial impression. People will buy it if they can afford it. If you have to decide for a tablet you would think about the core purposes as well. Who cares what's under the hood and which company sell that damn thing.

At the end of the day: Which tablet is better? Let's be honest: If it's your personal opinion, other ppl wouldn't care, unless you are some kind of celebrity. If it's for the facts then the selling number will decide.

It's never been about the specs....it's just more than that
    03-08-12 04:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD