Hi all I just got a playbook with 2.0 os and so far am loving it. I have linked my email account to my playbook witch is already linked to my phone. I was wondering if there is anyway for an email to show up as read on my phone after checking on the playbook and vice versa without bridging.

Thanks for your help!
    03-06-12 11:08 PM
    Yes. Use the search tool to find the threads already explaining how.
    spp58ca likes this.
    03-06-12 11:21 PM
    Yes. Use the search tool to find the threads already explaining how.
    couldn't find it could you possibly link it?
    Jeovex likes this.
    03-07-12 01:26 AM
    couldn't find it could you possibly link it?
    would really like to know as well.
    03-07-12 01:52 AM
    bump! Can somebody please help?
    03-09-12 03:58 PM
    Yea same BUMP
    03-09-12 04:08 PM
    What email system is it? Did you set up as POP or IMAP?
    03-09-12 04:16 PM
    Not sure just setup a gmail account through the wizard on my phone. I just want it to show that the message is read when I read it on my computer or on my playbook.
    03-09-12 04:22 PM
    Not sure just setup a gmail account through the wizard on my phone.
    Are you using a BB phone? So you are only bridged at the moment and are asking if it would work with the native email?
    03-09-12 05:11 PM
    I don't think it works with the native email, does it?
    I couldn't make it so.
    Nor does it mark my PC emails as read.

I can only do that with bridged emails.
    03-09-12 05:14 PM
    I have the exact opposite problem. When I read my emails on the PB a short time later they are showing as new again. I open each one of them see that the gold envelope is now white, and looks like an open envelope, but for some strange reason I end up with 150 or so new emails again. They aren't duplicates though, just the same ones with now the gold new mail icon showing.
    Any ideas???
    Thanx
    06-04-12 08:02 AM
    Hi all I just got a playbook with 2.0 os and so far am loving it. I have linked my email account to my playbook witch is already linked to my phone. I was wondering if there is anyway for an email to show up as read on my phone after checking on the playbook and vice versa without bridging.

Thanks for your help!
    Without an Enterprise/Mobile Fusion or ActiveSync service, you wont be able to do it. Thats why alot of users have Gmail accounts.

I have Gmail setup on both my PlayBook and Blackberry 9800. Works great for syncing calendar, contacts (although I dont sync that) and e-mail.

Only complain about it is on my Blackberry is takes time for the changes to kick in if I delete/read an e-mail on my PlayBook. Other wise, it works great... since its Free too.
    06-04-12 09:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD