this site

It seems to take forever to load... The voting page that is.
    Also please attempt to vote (on anyne I don't mind whoever), just try it, does it say "You�ve Reached your daily limit of Votes (3)" ???

Happening to anyone else or just a problem on my PlayBook?

Thought the forum could help me out.
    03-06-12 08:08 PM
    Yeah, no good for me either. Very slow to load. I didn't wait around to try to vote, I'm too impatient.
    03-06-12 08:18 PM
    The thing that bugs me is that my girlfriends iphone 4 apparently renders the page perfectly...

The PlayBook's browser is amazing, I just don't get why it doesn't load quickly... I'm intrigued, does anyone know why it would do this?

P.s. It renders quickly(and very fast) on my torch 9810 but the voting is still messed up... Anyone have an Explanation??
    03-06-12 11:18 PM
    heh, try to load the Huffington Post web site on a PB. It's the craziest website I've ever seen, design-wise. A massive beast of a website with pretty much every web technology employed a dozen times.
    03-06-12 11:37 PM
    I had no problem loading it up in the playbook. Just looks different then it does on a desktop browser.

03-07-12 09:37 AM
    That was brutal. I closed it before it was finished, and I waited several minutes.
    kennyliu likes this.
    03-07-12 09:51 AM
    Took a very very long time to load, decided to close before it was finished. Glad it's not one of my favorite sites
    03-07-12 10:01 AM
    I had no problem loading it up in the playbook. Just looks different then it does on a desktop browser.
    You didn't go to the voting page.
    03-07-12 10:01 AM
    The voting page was horrible. I wonder if they have a bad webpage or there is something on it the PB browser is having trouble with... I wish RIM would look into these browser issues and take them seriously. If it is true the ip4 can handle it, then there is no reason the PB cannot.
    03-07-12 11:59 AM
    Many issues can cause slow/faulty page loading, one is javascript files in the head, they will block parallel downloads of components. This page has a couple hundred components.

Another is the use of DOM elements on the page, it has 1948 of those.

It has many other issues, all of which can affect performance.

No Browser can be optimized for every possible way of building a site. Poorly built always has various issues with various browsers.
    03-07-12 01:45 PM
    Many issues can cause slow/faulty page loading, one is javascript files in the head, they will block parallel downloads of components. This page has a couple hundred components.

Another is the use of DOM elements on the page, it has 1948 of those.

It has many other issues, all of which can affect performance.

No Browser can be optimized for every possible way of building a site. Poorly built always has various issues with various browsers.
    No doubt it's a poorly built site, but that cannot be an excuse. It does load on my PB, just slow.
    03-07-12 02:05 PM
    I'm sorry to say iPad 2 loaded page no problem. Took seconds. Amazingly pb struggles????
    03-07-12 04:34 PM
    I'm sorry to say iPad 2 loaded page no problem. Took seconds. Amazingly pb struggles????
    Yea I just don't get it.. This is the only yime my girlfriend has been able to gloat about ios's browser over playbook's... I just don't get it...
    03-07-12 04:38 PM
    Page loaded under 2 minutes, yet the bar never really finished going. Got some checkerboarding along the way scrolling down.

Got tired of it when I got to Michelle Treacy.

I smell foul scripting...
    Last edited by diegonei; 03-07-12 at 04:46 PM.
    03-07-12 04:43 PM
    No doubt it's a poorly built site, but that cannot be an excuse. It does load on my PB, just slow.
    Many people seem to compare browsers when loading pages. Each browser handles badly built pages differently. In some cases, to make it appear faster, it breaks something else which is standard. This can be seen in the various browser test suites.

If you test this page against the standards, it breaks many. Maybe Apple removed certain functionality in theirs to handle this type of page faster... We would not know. I myself, have found pages that load very fast on the PB, but load very slow, or with major layout problems, on the iPad. You can find the same issues with PC based broswers.
    03-08-12 11:35 AM
    anyone tried other browsers? dolphin? simple browser?
    03-08-12 12:30 PM
    I've tried it on Secure Browser, selecting several different 'browser agents'. Although it did seem to load better, it was still a pretty sad effort.

It loads in about 2 seconds on my wife's iPad2, and my HTC Rezound. :-(

I really love my playbook, though. No foul, no harm!
    03-08-12 04:58 PM
    loads on the iphone 4 pretty fast too
    03-09-12 09:22 AM
    It loaded relatively quickly and the voting all worked fine using Dolphin Browser HD.
    03-09-12 10:11 AM
    It loaded relatively quickly and the voting all worked fine using Dolphin Browser HD.
    Oh ok thanks ill have to sideload it tonight. Since the original one was messed up

Anyone have a quick like to dolphin browser?
    03-09-12 10:13 AM
    I am not certain how long it takes to load as I am currently using a MIFI on a very weak 3G signal. However has anyone turned off flash in the native browser to see if that helps? If it doesnt try turning off JS. It should tell you where the problem lies. (Keep in mind the iPad/iPhone and other devices sans Flash capabilities may load a different page)
    03-09-12 10:19 AM
    this site

It seems to take forever to load... The voting page that is.
    Also please attempt to vote (on anyne I don't mind whoever), just try it, does it say "You�ve Reached your daily limit of Votes (3)" ???

Happening to anyone else or just a problem on my PlayBook?

Thought the forum could help me out.
    8 seconds to load on my desktop 100Mb cable wired ... I bet it'll take a bunch of minutes to load over wifi/PB ...
    03-09-12 10:23 AM
    Well I just tried with flash and javascript off and the page loads quickly.
    However now when I vote, it gives me a blank new tab instead of saying it was successful.

So I had tried no flash before and it was super slow.
    I never figured to try no javascript.
    03-09-12 10:28 AM
    The Dolphin Browser HD is available from AppWorld for free. There are two Dolphin browsers, and I only tried the one I've named.
    03-09-12 10:46 AM
    The Dolphin Browser HD is available from AppWorld for free. There are two Dolphin browsers, and I only tried the one I've named.

They were both taken down because the developpers were not aware they had been uploaded to appworld
    03-09-12 10:49 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD