Anyone else notice that a lot of the apps lately are missing screen shots? I personally won't bother buying an app if I can't at least see what it looks like.
    taylor96 likes this.
    03-06-12 06:32 AM
    Is App World working properly? I am unable to download or update.
    03-06-12 06:42 AM
    I've been having patchy issues with App World, some Apps I've tried to install sevral times but won't take.
    03-06-12 06:52 AM
    Anyone else notice that a lot of the apps lately are missing screen shots? I personally won't bother buying an app if I can't at least see what it looks like.
    This isn't app-worlds problem, it's the developers themselves. They have a choice of submitting their app's with screen-shots or no screen-shots...
    03-06-12 06:52 AM
    that's quite lazy of them. If they cannot even have a screenshot or icon of their own app, how can others be expected to take them seriously?
    dalecon and taylor96 like this.
    03-06-12 07:01 AM
    I just came from Playbook app world, and it appears to be working fine???? Just did some updates. Try a reset of your wifi
    03-06-12 07:02 AM
    Still the same here, I think it's probably just dev's laziness.
    03-06-12 08:49 AM
    I agree. many apps just show a very small description and not much else. don't know how they would expect anyone to buy it without some pics and a good description of what it is supposed to do.. seems many are just in a hurry to get more and more meaningless apps out there.
    03-06-12 09:31 AM
    that's quite lazy of them. If they cannot even have a screenshot or icon of their own app, how can others be expected to take them seriously?
    They were all in a hurry - to grab some public-domain source code, compile - and submit to AppWorld in time to get a free PB.....

If we are lucky- AppWorld will get a new section called "Misc" - where all apps with almost NO purchases and many bad reviews end up... so we can have a clean and nice AppWorld with easy to find top notch high quality apps.
    03-06-12 12:26 PM
    They were all in a hurry - to grab some public-domain source code, compile - and submit to AppWorld in time to get a free PB.....
    Certainly that accounts for some of the half-baked half-hearted submissions. Although I'm sure the laziest of them all probably didn't even bother to post their app up for sale after approval, just took their free PB and that's it.
    03-06-12 12:37 PM
    I've had issues where no pics were coming up, but I just did a quick swipe down from the top of the page and pictures appear! Don't know if this will solve your issue, but its worth a shot.
    03-06-12 12:41 PM
    I've had issues where no pics were coming up, but I just did a quick swipe down from the top of the page and pictures appear! Don't know if this will solve your issue, but its worth a shot.
    Yep thats what i was about to post

"I have had the whole 'no picture icon' issue. I just scroll to the bottom of the page and they all load."

But with a video

Last edited by SPNKr; 03-06-12 at 01:52 PM. Reason: the tube
    03-06-12 01:50 PM
    I wasn't talking about the browser part. The issue is when you touch an app, the description page is missing pictures of what the app looks like and the descriptions are weak.
    03-08-12 06:30 AM
    I wasn't talking about the browser part. The issue is when you touch an app, the description page is missing pictures of what the app looks like and the descriptions are weak.
    So what's that got to do with App World? App World doesn't auto-generate screenshots or descriptions! Some of you people REALLY need to stop and rethink your thread titles before posting them.
    03-08-12 07:52 AM
    This isn't app-worlds problem, it's the developers themselves. They have a choice of submitting their app's with screen-shots or no screen-shots...
    RIM should get a grip and DEMAND that developers enter good descriptions, along with an appropriate number of screenshots. If they don't then they should reject the app and request that it is resubmitted.

It is this lack of attention to detail that has cost RIM dearly over the last few years.
    03-08-12 11:14 AM
    RIM's "get a free playbook" offer for submitting an app just ended on March 3rd.
    If you take a close look at "New arrivals", both for games and apps, you'll notice the majority of them look aweful and are pretty much useless... A snow to water conversion tool... I mean, COME ON!

They don't care about being taken seriously, as long as they got their free playbook.

And then Mr Saunders is all proud and bragging about getting 1,500 new apps a week on App World the last month... what a mess!
    Last edited by RicThot; 03-08-12 at 11:31 AM.
    03-08-12 11:23 AM
    RIM's "get a free playbook" offer for submitting an app just ended on March 3rd.

They don't care about being taken seriously, as long as they got their free playbook.

And then Mr Saunders is all proud and bragging about getting 1,500 new apps a week on App World the last month... what a mess!
    A lack of attention to the small details has hurt Research In Motion over the last few years and the attitude persists today. Alec Saunders need to step up and enforce a policy whereby applications approved for inclusion in BlackBerry AppWorld meet very specific quality and usability standards.
    03-08-12 01:49 PM
    So what's that got to do with App World? App World doesn't auto-generate screenshots or descriptions! Some of you people REALLY need to stop and rethink your thread titles before posting them.
    I'm sorry you didn't grasp what is being discussed. Since the app description and screen shots are a part of app world and the app world experience I didn't think I needed to make this that elaborate.

Next time in the little space for topic I'll put "what's up with apps in app world not having screenshots and very very short descriptions so we can't actually decide if we want to buy them until someone else decides to pay for them and come here to complain?"

Better??? Lol
    03-08-12 07:01 PM
    No. That's just sarcastically stupid. "Better" would have been not posting such an inflammatory thread in the first place. It's clear you were trying to make it look like it is App World's fault that you aren't seeing screen shots and are getting short descriptions for the apps. That is all a product of amazingly lazy developers.
    03-08-12 07:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD