I've been messing around with WebWorks for a bit now and am going to create a HTML5 based App for the playbook.

Please note I am not experienced with the Blackberry APIs and these apps would be simple but effective.

If you are wanting an app, post the idea here and maybe I can develop one for you and the world :P
    03-06-12 05:34 AM
    Some apps I am waiting for

1) A Last.fm scrobbler
    2) A small cricket game. Something like stick cricket
    3) A tumblr app
    4) everyday expense data & calculator
    03-06-12 05:56 AM
    A simple text application. The PB is missing a TXT application and it needs a default text edit application.
    03-06-12 06:02 AM
    Netflix, Skype and kindle - not because I want them - just so people stop posting "Where's Kindle,skype and Netflix"!!!!!!!
    JakePNEFC and bbfan1040 like this.
    03-06-12 06:04 AM
    Would love to see the remote app for itunes. The current playbook app works but it's not as nice as the remote app that android and ios has.

I think some more Wifi remote control apps to control your stereo gear would be great too.
    03-06-12 06:19 AM
    A way to print to a bluetooth printer
    bbfan1040 likes this.
    03-06-12 06:40 AM
    I would love to have Isilo - it is available on BB, iPhone and Android but not Playbook 
    03-06-12 06:56 AM
    i want endomundo on the playbook
    and the smurfs village because you know.. its supposed to be the most grossing game out there
    Last edited by stephaneldugas; 03-06-12 at 07:01 AM.
    03-06-12 06:58 AM
    Im more then happy with the current app selection, but if I had to pick an app, one that would allow me to print anything on my tablet directly through any blue tooth capable printer.
    bbfan1040 likes this.
    03-06-12 06:59 AM
    Probably not possible, but i really want Skype on this thing!
    03-06-12 07:23 AM
    A productivity app like "add to". With the new native calendar, e mail, and contacts the ability to have an option to turn a email into a calendar event is something that needs to be addressed. It could be an a simple added option to the swipe down features, or a press and hold option. The same press and hold option could be used for phone numbers and addresses, and links for adding to contacts.
    Taking this one step further, having this option work over the bridge as well would be nice.

Another app would be an added option as well to the calendar - add a new calendar event, and on hitting save, the option to sync to bridge calendar as well.
    03-06-12 07:32 AM
    Simple and fast no-frills web browser with a full and proper ad-blocker maintained through auto updates or a hosts file
    03-06-12 07:37 AM
    I would want TeamViewer on it. I have a lot of clients to whom I connect and since I got my PB it replaced my laptop at home, I hate bringing it off my backpack just for Teamviewer. Also would be nice an app where it could browse a USB disk.

On a side note, I would love an accessory docking station where I could have connections for monitor, keyboard, mouse (like for example connecting at the office and using it as a laptop) for it has more or less the functions I need for office work.
    Demetris
    03-06-12 08:02 AM
    I wish I could make such apps, I would be able to make a simple text editor, but I'm guessing thats about it from the apps that have been said, we all want skype and netflix etc!
    03-06-12 08:29 AM
    Mapping program that can use offline maps..with gps
    03-06-12 08:31 AM
    I hope for these:

Tune in radio
    Oovoo
    Opera browser
    More android apps
    03-06-12 08:32 AM
    A good expense tracking or checkbook app is sorely needed on the Playbook. I'd like Splash Money. I have it on my phone, but prefer it for the Playbook.
    03-06-12 09:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD