Calling converters... Android has some great apps for Aussies Rules football (Afl).

Can we have some converted for the PlayBook please. Sorry, I don't know how to get the APK's, I don't own an Android device.

Thanks in advance,
    03-05-12 11:36 PM
    If no one jumps on this before I get home from work I'll see what I can do for you. Stay tuned!
    rickgainsmith likes this.
    03-05-12 11:56 PM
    Ok, I found a bunch of AFL apps, of the 6 I downloaded only 5 converted and signed properly. I don't have time to test that they work on the PB right now sorry, so I'll give them all to you. In no particular order:

aussie.rules.live.bar - File Shared from Box - Free Online File Storage
    com.aflnews.activities.bar - File Shared from Box - Free Online File Storage
    com.extracorp.footynow.bar - File Shared from Box - Free Online File Storage
    com.statsmobile.footyinfo.bar - File Shared from Box - Free Online File Storage
    d.g.bar - File Shared from Box - Free Online File Storage

Is there a particular team you follow? There were a few (not all) team specific apps, I can convert and sign one of them for you if you want.
    rickgainsmith and tms22 like this.
    03-06-12 02:24 AM
    Cheers, thanks heaps. I follow Collingwood actually.

Can't wait to test these apps!
    03-06-12 05:08 AM
    Hey guys,

One of my friends actually works for Sportsmate, the company behind AFL Live, NRL Live etc. so this is interesting.

Any chance someone could do the NRL, A League and Super Rugby apks too?

Love my footy codes!
    03-06-12 05:16 AM
    Hey guys,

One of my friends actually works for Sportsmate, the company behind AFL Live, NRL Live etc. so this is interesting.

Love my footy codes!
    I tweeted Sportsmate, even introduced them to Alec Saunders of RIM. They weren't interested.
    Last edited by Rgainsmi; 03-06-12 at 02:19 PM.
    03-06-12 05:22 AM
    My friend does the social media, unfortunately he said it's not a market for them. I also mentioned I have contacts at RIM Australia.

Took a screenshot and showed him though, impressed.

Hopefully with the BB 10 platform, it'll provide more incentive for developers to purse BB. Since they simply have to spend 5 or so minutes converting their Android APKs.
    03-06-12 05:31 AM
    Hey guys,

Love my footy codes!
    Here you go! (Converted and signed but untested)

com.extracorp.leaguenow.bar - File Shared from Box - Free Online File Storage
    com.extracorp.superrugby.bar - File Shared from Box - Free Online File Storage
    com.hamson.ultimateandroid.bar - File Shared from Box - Free Online File Storage
    rugby.league.live.bar - File Shared from Box - Free Online File Storage
    za.co.touchlab.matchreminder.superrugby.bar - File Shared from Box - Free Online File Storage

And sorry Rgainsmi, couldn't find a working Collingwood apk.
    03-06-12 05:36 AM
    Cheers mate!

The Live apps work great. They operate in Portrait mode.

Do you have the Super Rugby Live one?
    03-06-12 06:07 AM
    What is stopping someone from submitting these free apps to AppWorld just like Handster does?
    03-06-12 02:15 PM
    Ok, I found a bunch of AFL apps, of the 6 I downloaded only 5 converted and signed properly. I don't have time to test that they work on the PB right now sorry, so I'll give them all to you. In no particular order:

aussie.rules.live.bar - File Shared from Box - Free Online File Storage
    com.aflnews.activities.bar - File Shared from Box - Free Online File Storage
    com.extracorp.footynow.bar - File Shared from Box - Free Online File Storage
    com.statsmobile.footyinfo.bar - File Shared from Box - Free Online File Storage
    d.g.bar - File Shared from Box - Free Online File Storage

Is there a particular team you follow? There were a few (not all) team specific apps, I can convert and sign one of them for you if you want.
    The Aussie Rules Live app 2012 should be coming out in the next week or so. If this could be converted that would be much appreciated.

The app for the most part works straight out of the box. I don't know why they would not want to release it to another market.
    03-06-12 03:31 PM
    I'll keep an eye out for the 2012 Live app and post it here when I can. I'll also have a search for a Super Rugby Live apk tonight.
    03-06-12 03:43 PM
    Cheers mate!

The Live apps work great. They operate in Portrait mode.

Do you have the Super Rugby Live one?
    Sorry, the only apk I could find wouldn't convert properly. If you can find something later than v1.0 I'll try again.

Any other requests while I'm here?
    03-07-12 01:08 AM
    Sorry for reviving an old thread but I thought it more appropriate than a duplicate - feel free to fix if not mods

Any chance you kind souls could convert the 2012 versions of the Afl android apps as they've now been updated I believe - because they keep flashing upgrade notifications at me! (and the Hawks app if you're feeling particularly generous? )

Thanks in advance
    03-29-12 07:28 AM
    I'll do my best! If you have the apks that would be a great help as it is sometimes difficult to find the newest versions of apps. I can't get them from Google Play so have to scour the interwebs.
    tms22 likes this.
    03-29-12 04:47 PM
    Thanks!

I don't have access either I'm afraid but I'll see what I can do as well - least I can do is try and help!!
    03-30-12 05:46 AM
    Hey guys!! I like shrimps on the barbie, big spiders and surfing on the gold coast. Because of my great love I uploaded Aussie Rules Live 2012 and NRL League Rugby Live 2012 for the Playbook and both work.

Get them here - New Blackberry Playbook Apps | Good e-Reader Android App Store - Playbook App Store - We support Kobo Vox, Kindle Fire, Blackberry Playbook and More
    tms22 and NinjaBread like this.
    03-30-12 09:31 AM
    Nice one Koz! You can keep the big spiders though...
    03-30-12 09:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD