After I upgraded when os 2 came out, the kobo e reader(which worked perfectly fine before) keeps going blank after a fee chapters. whenever it went blank, i closed the app, restarted the app, and resumed reading three chapters before it went blank. anybody else experience this?
    03-05-12 12:29 PM
    No, much worse. A Javascript Alert dialog on every pageturn. App is bugged + useless.
    I have been emailing their helpdesk every day: this is the latest foolish reply from them:

"According to the information we received RIM is pushing Kobo as a software update. To get the latest app all you have to do is:

Make sure your PlayBook has OS version 2.0.0.7971
    Delete your current Kobo app
    Reboot your PlayBook
    After rebooting go to Software Update and tap Check for Updates. The Kobo app should appear as a software update (you may have to try various times to get the update)
    Install the update

This will take care of the issues. Let us know how it goes."

Nonsense! Kobo is now updated by Software Updates. No, that is for Playbook OS.
    03-05-12 04:34 PM
    Yea i had the java error and to get the small OS update on my device i had to connect to a proxy in Canada from the Czech republic to download it since it's not out here yet.

Works now, but took about 30-45 minutes to figure it out and resolve it. People at the cafe were looking at me weird as i was jotting down a bunch of IP addresses to try as proxies from varies sites on the internet haha.
    03-05-12 05:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD