Hi there,

Although I've been a BB user for a couple of years, I've hit a problem and hope someone can help.

I have an IP security camera which streams live images via mpeg4, 3gp, etc. I was hoping that I'd be able to view the live stream via the local network using Wi-fi on my BB 8820 . I have version 4.5.52 of the device software installed and can select the URL for the stream, e.g. rtsp://192.168.1.68/live_3gpp.sdp but then get a multitude to different errors depending on cloud-cover, time of day, randomly.

Can anyone please clarify whether the media player in the latest device software supports streamed video and if so, how I can make the streaming work on the BB. Please note that I can view 3gp files from m.youtube.com without problem (although I appreciate these aren't streamed!)

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards,
    James
    Last edited by site-report; 09-10-08 at 08:49 AM. Reason: Sent without completing
    09-10-08 08:46 AM
    You could try Orb. Orb runs on your home desktop, and requires you to have broadband internet at your home. You set up the stream in Orb, and then connect to the mobile Orb site from your handset.
    09-10-08 11:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD