I have to admit, the 9900 and the 9790 nearly caused me to finally give up on RIM.

As a last resort I bought a 9860 (I'd been very leery after owning the Storm 1 and 2 previously) and I have to say I am very impressed.

The screen is great, the touch screen is very responsive and the battery life and reception is better than the 9900 ever was.

I've downloaded a couple of new wallpapers and the phone looks brilliant and is a pleasure to use.

I don't know why they don't market this device. It's a winner that people should know more about.

That's my 2c anyway.
    Mrluky, kozmo68, ets5290 and 3 others like this.
    03-05-12 05:33 AM
    Make a commercial and post it to youtube! We should all do that!

Glad you're enjoying your BlackBerry.
    kozmo68 likes this.
    03-05-12 05:36 AM
    You're right. It is a nice phone and like i've said many times before, I can't understand for the life of me why this phone wasn't marketed better or at all for that matter. As far as i'm concerned it's one of the best devices RIM has ever released.
    03-05-12 08:31 AM
    Have had my 9850 for about 3 weeks now. I love it. My wife switched to an iPhone,and it is very nice, but honestly - with the exception of a lot of apps - I think my phone is just as nice. And it did not cost me a cent to upgrade.
    03-05-12 12:22 PM
    You're right. It is a nice phone and like i've said many times before, I can't understand for the life of me why this phone wasn't marketed better or at all for that matter. As far as i'm concerned it's one of the best devices RIM has ever released.
    Agreed! All I ever see from them now are adds for the Bold. Well they don't even need to advertise the Bold, everyone already knew about it before it came out. This phone though needed and deserved the marketing effort cause this was the phone that could have helped slow the bleeding.
    03-05-12 01:39 PM
    I'm thinking this phone was a stop gap measure between the old Storm series and upcoming BB10 devices. Its a shame as I think this is the best media consumption phone RIM has made, and that it did a very good job of catching up to the conpetirion . Unfortunatly it doesn't make sense to push hard to sell a phone you know will have a very limited run.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    03-05-12 04:03 PM
    Thanking that bb10 will run on this phone. Based on one of the demos I have seen.
    03-05-12 04:45 PM
    I have my phone for like 4 months and still loving it. But my only issue on .267 is that the trackpad stop glowing. And other than that I'm totally fine.

Sent from my BlackBerry Torch 9860 using Tapatalk
    03-05-12 04:49 PM
    I'm a keyboard lover but in preparation of BB10 full touch I jumped from my 9800 slider to the 9860. I do a lot of surfing and read twitter and emails so I love the bigger screen. Very smooth and clear. It's a great device, love the sleek design but I must admit I do miss my keyboard. I've contemplated going to the bold for the keyboard but for I'm making due. I find I'm taking my playbook with me more often which is allows the use of the bigger keyboard.. I've also loaded the vlingo app which I use a fair bit.

Sent from my BB PlayBook, through my BB torch 9860.
    03-05-12 06:04 PM
    I'm thinking this phone was a stop gap measure between the old Storm series and upcoming BB10 devices. Its a shame as I think this is the best media consumption phone RIM has made, and that it did a very good job of catching up to the conpetirion . Unfortunatly it doesn't make sense to push hard to sell a phone you know will have a very limited run.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    Which is dumb to me because they spent all the time and money developing an all new product and in the end what was supposed to be a short run has been extended now too at least a full year run. Sounds like a huge wasted opportunity especially since had they launched properly and developers had confidence in it from the start this phone could have done the most to save face with consumers.
    03-05-12 07:38 PM
    Thanking that bb10 will run on this phone. Based on one of the demos I have seen.
    As great as this phone is BB10 will not run on it, or any other current BB7 device.
    03-05-12 08:03 PM
    I think they just used the best all screen device to demo what BB10 would do (I think it's going to be a all touch affair like the 9850/9860).

I seriously doubt BB10 will run on the 9860 - there will be a 10060
    03-05-12 08:06 PM
    I'm a keyboard lover but in preparation of BB10 full touch I jumped from my 9800 slider to the 9860. I do a lot of surfing and read twitter and emails so I love the bigger screen. Very smooth and clear. It's a great device, love the sleek design but I must admit I do miss my keyboard. I've contemplated going to the bold for the keyboard but for I'm making due. I find I'm taking my playbook with me more often which is allows the use of the bigger keyboard.. I've also loaded the vlingo app which I use a fair bit.

Sent from my BB PlayBook, through my BB torch 9860.
    Like you, I switched from a 9700 to 9860 just to get used to using a touch screen device before BB10 comes out. I also miss the keyboard once in a while but the screen on the 9860 more than makes up for lack of keyboard. I don't think I can give up the big screen now.
    JORENO likes this.
    03-05-12 08:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD