BlackBerry has been a sponsor of the NBA this season and while I like the Be Bold campaign, why don't they incorporate some PlayBook marketing as well. They had a 'Be Bold' moment at halftime so why not a 'PlayBook play of the game' as well. It could prove to be good marketing especially in the US. Just a suggestion.
    Last edited by itwascasper; 03-04-12 at 04:27 PM.
    03-04-12 04:06 PM
    Seems like *cough* Slam Dunk *cough* to me.
    03-04-12 04:08 PM
    Yeah i saw the knicks game too
    03-04-12 05:36 PM
    It's small overnights like this that prevent RIM from reaching many potential customers. Both the Knicks/Celtics and the Heat/Lakers games today were highly anticipated and both halftime shows were sponsored by BlackBerry but yet there was no PlayBook presence. They had a chance to reach out to potential customers in big cities like Boston, Los Angeles, Miami and New York. Millions of people simply overlooked. They already paid for the advertising so why not focus on all their major products instead of just the Bold, even though it's a great phone. I just really think this needs to be addressed.
    03-04-12 05:48 PM
    And furthermore, with the recent emergence of Jeremy Lin, I'm sure there was a great contingent of the Asian community watching the Knicks game. RIM really needs to get the most out of the money they already spent on marketing. Sometimes it's just about exposure and someone really dropped the ball here.
    03-04-12 05:55 PM
    I would just be satisfied if their sponsorship of the NBA would result in a NBA Game Time app being available for the PlayBook or phones.
    03-04-12 07:18 PM
    I think they had an app for the phones already. I used to use it but I like scoremobile better.
    03-04-12 07:23 PM
    They're getting to the right spots but their message is weak. Strengthen the message and they may make a difference.
    03-04-12 08:48 PM
    I do know in Miami at the TripleA during Heat games there is a BlackBerry Be Bold booth for blackberry users to go over and sign up for free giveaways. BlackBerry's presence is at all the games this year.
    stackberry369 likes this.
    03-04-12 10:35 PM
    This amazes me as well. As good as the playbook is i would think they would have ads for it all over. With 2.0 definitely a top tab on the market.
    03-04-12 10:39 PM
    How is this the first year that blackberry sponsors the nba and the first year that the nba leaves blackberry out of the gametime app lineup.

It seems windows phone was a more important priority! Wtf?
    04-30-12 12:08 AM
    Seems like *cough* Slam Dunk *cough* to me.
    You nailed that! :P
    04-30-12 12:17 AM
    They should have Blake Griffin say after he posterizes on a dunk"this is in my PlayBook"
    04-30-12 12:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD