Is there a setting to have native email change to portrait mode?

Thanks.
    03-04-12 10:58 AM
    from what I know, no.
    03-04-12 04:35 PM
    Native email currently does not support portrait.
    03-04-12 05:06 PM
    This is very disappointing. Portrait mode is my preferred way of entering text on my PB and since I no longer have my BB I can't bridge. I hope we get this feature in a future update.
    03-06-12 07:49 PM
    Very weird it wasn't included, something as simple as that.
    03-06-12 08:27 PM
    Easy to add in the future. Patience my young grasshopper.
    03-06-12 09:56 PM
    I thing that not including portrait mode was intentional. It may be just impossible to make the PIM apps any useful in portrait mode with two active panes and left expandable control panel/bar.
    03-06-12 09:59 PM
    I thing that not including portrait mode was intentional. It may be just impossible to make the PIM apps any useful in portrait mode with two active panes and left expandable control panel/bar.
    As I recall the iPad lets you have a full message view when you turn it to portrait mode -- with no distractions. Seems that the Playbook could work the same way.
    03-06-12 10:05 PM
    As I recall the iPad lets you have a full message view when you turn it to portrait mode -- with no distractions. Seems that the Playbook could work the same way.
    Shouldn't be a problem on the iPad as it has:

• 768 horizontal pixels vs 600 on the Playbook
    • 10-inch screen vs 7-inch on the Playbook
    • As far as I can tell, there is no expandable left control panel (not sure, have never owned an iPad). That is, the design of the two apps may be different.

But you are right, it should be possible to have just one message displayed in full view when in portrait (just for reading or composing without switching between messages). This may affect the multitasking in the PB email app though.
    Last edited by kennyliu; 03-06-12 at 10:28 PM.
    03-06-12 10:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD