Aloha all, held off on getting a 9900 for 2 main reasons, the battery life and the camera.
    Well the battery life seems better on the latest OS, and with user replaceable batteries this isn't a deal breaker, and today I was taking some close up pics with my Playbook and realised the picture quality isn't that bad for close ups, meaning I can at least read the text on close up shots which is all I need to do regularly, it doesn't have to be super clear, just needs to be readable.
    Anyway, I was wondering, is the Playbook camera the same as the 9900 camera, particularly for close ups? If not, which one takes close up shots of text etc better?
    Any help would be much appreciated.
    03-03-12 06:19 PM
    same quality IMO
    i dont think they are 'the same'
    if the playbook had a flash it would be a lot better!
    03-03-12 06:22 PM
    same quality IMO
    i dont think they are 'the same'
    if the playbook had a flash it would be a lot better!
    But close up pics of text or docs with a 9900 won't be significantly worse than those taken on a PlayBook right? Just asking cos Im thinking of getting one online and don't want any shocks once it arrives.
    03-03-12 06:33 PM
    You really just need to hold the 9900 steady.

Granted I don't use my playbook camera often, I have found my 9900 to be more than adequate at taking everyday photos. They are by no means professional dslr quality, but they are fine enough for me.

I use the 9900 camera most often for taking shots of plans, drawings, letterheads, and the odd schedule.

Never had issues reading anything, and to be honest if you hold the phone steady, I can actually get a good level of zoom into the photos that I took before they distort.
    03-03-12 08:39 PM
    To take macro shots on the 9900 I'll advise to hold your hands steady and zoom in. However, if you are going to take a close-up picture of a ring or anything to that extent of details, good luck. Taking usual pictures are alright while taking outdoor pictures with adequate lighting yields the best results
    03-03-12 11:29 PM
    I sleep in lectures and I use my playbook to take pictures of my friend's notes if I don't have time to photocopy them. I prefer the playbook to my 9900 to take pictures of walls of text. They're also surprisingly good for taking pictures of slides from the projector, in a dark room. 9900 don't take pictures of close-up texts well, it's okay if you take it from afar.
    03-04-12 12:06 AM
    I use the PlayBook for macro/close-up, much much sharper. The 9900's Text setting takes amazing sharp clear photos of whiteboard or projection slides. They're a going combo.
    03-04-12 12:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD