It seems like the WiFi on my PlayBook is messed up. It works, but when I use the browser, after 5-6 pages it takes forever to load a page or it quits loading until I restart the browser. The same thing happens with Facebook where it says I don't have an internet connection anymore. App World does it too. It happens on several different networks so I know it's not my internet causing the problem.

Does this happen with all of your PlayBook or is it something I need to get fixed?

My year is up next month, so I want to send it in if this is a problem.

Thanks for the help!
    03-01-12 09:22 PM
    Sounds like weak signal strength from the router causing intermittent loss of network connection.
    03-01-12 09:37 PM
    I bought my PB in december and it does the same exact thing. It has happened under several networks and even while I am showing full signal strength on the FIOS network. I am wondering is something wrong as well?
    03-01-12 09:56 PM
    Sounds like weak signal strength from the router causing intermittent loss of network connection.
    I'm pretty sure that's not the problem. I have used it on several different networks and I'm only 20' away from my wireless N router at home with full signal. My computer and the iPad I have for testing apps I write work fine. It kills me that a Crapple product is working better than my PlayBook.
    03-01-12 10:13 PM
    It seems like the WiFi on my PlayBook is messed up. It works, but when I use the browser, after 5-6 pages it takes forever to load a page or it quits loading until I restart the browser. The same thing happens with Facebook where it says I don't have an internet connection anymore. App World does it too. It happens on several different networks so I know it's not my internet causing the problem.

Does this happen with all of your PlayBook or is it something I need to get fixed?

My year is up next month, so I want to send it in if this is a problem.

Thanks for the help!
    Does it happens to you in other places? have you tried that???
    03-01-12 10:15 PM
    Or does someone else have a Playbook to test on your wifi? Just wondering if it's the wifi programming on your Playbook or the router as mentioned above.
    03-01-12 10:54 PM
    The same happened to me before 2.0. It would get terribly slow but it would fly if I switched javascript off which sucked. 2.0 seemed to fix that problem for me tho. Have you tried clearing your cache?

As for app world issues I have no idea. Maybe a security wipe will clear things up?
    03-01-12 10:59 PM
    What happens if you use another browser?

I suspect you should backup & reload the OS. If that doesn't fix it, time to call support.

What you describe is NOT Normal.
    03-01-12 10:59 PM
    I had some of those problems as well... Update the firmware on your router. Change the encryption on the router to WPA2 with AES... That solved my issue.
    03-01-12 11:13 PM
    You may want to try a security wipe as well....
    03-01-12 11:14 PM
    I did a security wipe, changed the settings on my router (but I still don't think that has anything to do with it since it happens on all networks I use), but it still happens. It looks like something is wrong with it so I guess I have to send it in for repair.

It's very frustrating, especially since I was an early adopter at full price on a 64GB tablet. Ugh!!
    03-02-12 09:28 PM
    Maybe you'll get a like new replacement.
    03-02-12 09:31 PM
    Make sure your wireless is set to G, for some reason the PlayBook does not like N band.
    03-02-12 11:20 PM
    Make sure your wireless is set to G, for some reason the PlayBook does not like N band.
    This!! ^^^^
    03-02-12 11:39 PM
    try using a long preamble on the router.
    dannyd86, dannyd86 and dannyd86 like this.
    03-03-12 01:52 AM
    usually it's the wpa2 that messes-up the connection after a while. i had that problem too.
    if it doesn't bother you and you have the chance, just switch to wpa. it just has like 56Mbps, but that doesn't matter for most of the internet-stuff.

if you can't do that: go to wifi-settings on your pb and get information about your current ip, gateway, etc... (wifi -> infobutton -> internetconnection)
    once you get this, try to connect without automatically obtaining ip address and insert the data you collected.

but again. mostly i heared of problems using the wpa2. try switching to wpa if possible
    03-03-12 02:42 AM
    Also... just for giggles... if you are using WPA or WPA2, try setting your router Cipher type to TKIP. Not AES or AES/TKIP... just TKIP.
    03-03-12 03:03 AM
    OK I figured out what was causing problems with mine. It wasn't the preamble. On my Netgear router I changed the wireless channel from "auto" to a specific channel and UNchecked "Automatically switch channels to avoid interference."
    03-03-12 10:21 PM
    I'm experiencing similar issues to OP. I'm able to go online using the browser (on PB now), but some of my apps can't seem to connect. BB News app says no internet, oddly enough FB works though.

AppWorld is acting strange as well. I'm able to open AppWorld, it updates the home screen with all of the apps, but when I try to upgrade an app I get an error message saying no internet. If App world wasn't seeing the Internet at all, it would never open to the home screen, so it clearly is connected and I have the browser open at the same time and can continue browsing so it's not like the wifi connection was suddenly lost.

Any thoughts?
    03-04-12 09:53 AM
    In another thread, someone had to delete their WiFi connection profile and re-create it, that fixed a similar problem.
    03-05-12 12:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD