Would there be away to make it so that in order to post on Crackberry that you would need an active BB Pin# or IMEI#? Meaning when you sign up for Crackberry and not to list these numbers.

Actually think not because then this website login would need to be actively hooked up to rim I guess.

I see so many posts with people ranting. I think they should make it that in order to post here you would need to have a BB device. Either when you sign up for the first time enter your PIN or IMEI#.

I get irritated seeing people coming in making all of this oooo, aaaa. Sometimes you can't even figure out which side they are coming from.

In fact if they would put carrier and phone model too that would be good when they have issues. Sometimes when I am doing research on my phone I look at the carrier they are with to see how the majority of each carrier is fixing problems.
    Last edited by Sonic300; 03-01-12 at 08:52 PM. Reason: Clarification
    03-01-12 08:26 PM
    Lmao what sense would that make. A bunch of yess men alienating new and potential bb owners
    03-01-12 08:44 PM
    so how do people research blackberries before buying them? I guess you dont want to encourage people to buy blackberries if they dont already have one...
    03-01-12 08:48 PM
    so how do people research blackberries before buying them? I guess you dont want to encourage people to buy blackberries if they dont already have one...
    Sorry folks, let me clarify. In order to post, you can come here and read all you want. But in order to post you need to be legitimate.
    03-01-12 08:51 PM
    Okay I change the color to "red" in order to post on Crackberry...geez guyz!
    03-01-12 08:54 PM
    In the past I have had a 7100i, 8350i, currently I have a 9800/Playbook. My wife has a 9900/Playbook and my daughter has 9300. Notice I didn't post my pin's or my imei's.... Cos it's nonaya business unless I provide it to you......
    03-01-12 09:00 PM
    so you cant ask any questions then
    03-01-12 09:02 PM
    Then potential blackberry users wouldn't be able to ask questions? Not all questions can be answered by the "search" functions, and some may be outdated and not relavant anymore. Crackberry has a lot of knowledgeable and helpful member, and has one of the best forum community i've seen. Denying them a chance to join blackberry because they dont have a blackberry device, would be dying them a chance to be part of this awesome community and experience the CrackBerry awesomeness. hahaha.
    03-01-12 09:31 PM
    so you cant ask any questions then
    It's a good thing I know how to read to find answers to questions then.

Its thinking like the OP, that lets the TSA get away things like radiating you with nakedbody scanners, and perverts groping your wife and kids at the Airport... Coming soon to a highway near you - Papers please......
    Last edited by nonayabusiness; 03-01-12 at 09:41 PM. Reason: Added quote
    03-01-12 09:37 PM
    Soooo since I don't have an active BB at this moment, I shouldn't be allowed to post? Even in the Android section on CrackBerry?
    This makes no sense at all. I'm sorry, but this isn't a very good idea.
    03-01-12 09:41 PM
    In the past I have had a 7100i, 8350i, currently I have a 9800/Playbook. My wife has a 9900/Playbook and my daughter has 9300. Notice I didn't post my pin's or my imei's.... Cos it's nonaya business unless I provide it to you......
    The PIN or IMEI# is to set up your account.

Not to post it.
    03-01-12 09:43 PM
    Then potential blackberry users wouldn't be able to ask questions? Not all questions can be answered by the "search" functions, and some may be outdated and not relavant anymore. Crackberry has a lot of knowledgeable and helpful member, and has one of the best forum community i've seen. Denying them a chance to join blackberry because they dont have a blackberry device, would be dying them a chance to be part of this awesome community and experience the CrackBerry awesomeness. hahaha.
    Agreed. This is an awesome place for knowledge about Blackberry Phones and Playbooks
    03-01-12 09:43 PM
    The PIN or IMEI# is to set up your account.

Not to post it.
    Why not stop there... Maybe as part of membership we should log our drivers license and ssn or sin numbers too.

Horrible idea....
    03-01-12 09:51 PM
    Okay my mis"thought" I stand corrected! As a manager you always have to keep an open mind.

Can Kevin delete this thread?
    03-01-12 10:45 PM
    Why delete the thread? You were voicing your opinion. Not everyone has to agree. Still a bit much, but I can understand your thinking!
    03-01-12 10:51 PM
    I believe a prejudicial site against potential members is a bad call. We are all here at the discretion of the King (Kevin), and I can be corrected if I am wrong, but I've read many of his posts indicating that he always wanted an open informative forum. Proving ownership of a BlackBerry device in order to post in the forums is very separatist. Also, what is to stop someone from just inputting random numbers? Unless it could be verified in some way it would be useless.

Who is going to allow monitoring of their cellular accounts to verify a user actually owns the said device??? And, as busy as the CB crew is already, who is going to set up a verifications department with every carrier around the world to do so. Didn't think so.

The idea here is to require potential members to enter very personal information. There is already an option to enter a PIN# in your bio or signature. Also, an IMEI# is actually much more dangerous piece of data than PIN#s in which many unseemly things can possibly be done. All members are already identified via IP addresses already to catch members with alternate names and banned users trying to start new accounts.

Also, this feeds users of other platforms ammunition to say that "They are such BB fanboys that you can't even ask a question on their site without ownership. That's why I would never purchase a BlackBerry device!". Not the best way to evangelize! At least now we can see who owns other devices openly. If we did what is proposed, then there would really be so many more people posing to be BlackBerry users just to really start trollin' here.

I say FREEDOM within the forums with basic limitations!
    -You still can't yell "fire" in a movie house without a fire.-
    03-01-12 11:30 PM
    Why delete the thread? You were voicing your opinion. Not everyone has to agree. Still a bit much, but I can understand your thinking!

Agreed. Nothing wrong with having a thought or an opinion or discusions on thoughts and opinions. Through the discussion we all can learn.

Here's the side I'm coming from on this. I don't like my personal data being put on lists. Nor do I want my freedoms reduced. Where does it end.... All these BS bills and treaties restricting rights and freedoms. ACTA SOPA PIPA, Bill C11.

Facebook repeatedly violating privacy. Google changing T&S to violate privacy and take freedoms.

I don't like being treated like a criminal and being survailed with out cause. Also I don't think Kevin needs the headache of maintaining such a list or the security risks it entails.

All that is necessary for evil to triumph, is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke
    03-02-12 12:04 AM

Agreed! I can understand where OP is coming from as well. Everyone has the right to voice their opinions. In any case, you are trying to provide suggestions to improve crackberry's forums. Its a valid post with valid points for discussion, no need for thread to be deleted.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    03-02-12 05:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD