Is there a way to control music, video or pictures while using the bridge remote without using the mouse feature while hooked to hdmi? I would want something as simple as a play, pause, stop, previous, next and volume control. This just makes too much sense not to be in the remote control app.
    03-01-12 05:59 PM
    So far I know, it's only available for Powerpoint presentations.
    Nice idea though ... I bet it won't be long to see an app to do that. see it implemented.

Edit : did I really write that
    In fact, I believe that it is more a BT implementation question than pure bridge.
    I'll give a try tomorrow with side volume buttons ... what does it do ? volume, next/previous, nothing ?
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 03-02-12 at 08:33 PM.
    03-01-12 06:24 PM
    Hopefully they will implement this feature. It can't be that difficult compared to their other challenges.
    03-02-12 08:26 PM
    It does seem a bit silly to not already have this included with the original software. With all bridge and remote control are capable of, volume control seems pretty much a natural thing to be able to control.

Although I'm not complaining, bridge is totally awsome and I'm sure this update will be coming in the near future.
    03-06-12 10:50 AM
    When the PB is connected via hdmi, the audio signal goes out from the PB via hdmi by default... and in that situation, you must adjust the volume on the device to which your PB is connected via hdmi. Adjusting the PB volume (whether directly or via BB remote if that were implemented) doesn't affect the volume on the playback device, whether it is an hdtv or home theatre receiver/amplifier.

If you select the hdmi option to NOT send audio output via hdmi, then the audio will play from the PB speakers or thru your headphones or sounddock via the headset jack. In that case, the volume control on the PB will adjust the audio output.
    BrizzadMan likes this.
    03-06-12 11:31 AM
    I would like to see BB remote handle media control through the media buttons on the phone. Most BlackBerrys have standardised play/pause, volume up/down and track skip forward/backward media keys. It would be nice if they were active within the remote application to control the media on the PlayBook.

What people doing now? Using the mouse via bridge remote?
    Last edited by Just Me; 04-11-12 at 11:42 AM.
    03-20-12 11:30 AM
    Agreed. Media controls on the BlackBerry phone should be able to control volume, play pause etc for whatever content is playing. If anyone has figured out that this is possible and I'm just ********, let me know.
    Last edited by Pilot_Berry; 10-03-12 at 08:07 PM.
    10-03-12 08:04 PM
    I don't have BB on hand anymore to test, but I thought when PB is playing media, you can open the power point remote in bridge app and then next/previous buttons worked to skip to next/previous video.
    10-04-12 12:10 AM
    I would like to see BB remote handle media control through the media buttons on the phone. Most BlackBerrys have standardised play/pause, volume up/down and track skip forward/backward media keys. It would be nice if they were active within the remote application to control the media on the PlayBook.

What people doing now? Using the mouse via bridge remote?
    Wait. Most? A couple curves and a Pearl is hardly most...

Like said before, it would work over Bridge, but not over HDMI since you must use the output device's controls (as, tv's remote control).
    10-04-12 01:06 AM
    I know this is an old thread but it came up in my google searches. Was this ever addressed? Seems like something that wouldn't be too complicated to implement and be a huge benefit. I just got a relatives old BB device to play around with and loaded up bridge on it. I would use it a lot as a "remote" for video and media playback (i.e. also music). Hope this gets implemented at some point. Even there is a "media playback" mode in addition to "presenter" where you could type letters for "pause", "rewind" , "fastforward", etc.
    05-15-13 09:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD