i have a bold 9780 and 32gb playbook if i open a photo on my phone and select send, it gives me the option of via bluetooth, it sees my playbook on my paired devices list but when i try to send i get the message on my phone 'file transfer failed to find service' and the photo doesnt send, ive made sure both devices are discoverable and tried when they are bridged and not bridged any ideas please
    02-29-12 11:59 AM
    I get that error too on my 9800. The only workaround I use is to e-mail the pic to myself.
    02-29-12 12:01 PM
    I don't think the PlayBook supports Bluetooth file transfers.

Why not just choose the "Open On PlayBook" (or whatever you've named it) in the phone menu and view it from there?

Many of the file browsers for the PlayBook will transfer files between phone and PlayBook easily too.
    02-29-12 12:04 PM
    Thats what the bridge feature is for.....if you have all your pics on the sd card on your phone, you should be able to see them on the playbook using bridge files
    02-29-12 12:09 PM
    i wanted to save the pics to my play book so i could play around with the photos with the uber iris app, if you 'open on playbook' you can view pics but not save so you can't play around with them, i guess that emailing them is the only option i thought the bluetooth would have been easier.
    02-29-12 12:10 PM
    ridesno159 is correct. The PlayBook does not support file transfers via Bluetooth connection, currently only Bridge, A2DP, AVRCP, Internet Tethering, and HID are supported.
    02-29-12 12:10 PM
    thank you for the speedy answers im new to this at least i know im not just being stupid
    02-29-12 12:12 PM
    There are workarounds, such as the Files & Folders app. I use that, when I Bridge my BB 9780 I can easily copy/paste the files from my memory card to the PlayBook. Works like a charm!

It is a paid app, but there's a free trial available, so you can try it and see if it works for you as well. (if you decide to give it a try, make sure to hit the Bridge icon on your PB and hit unlock, I missed that step on my first couple of tries. Frustration galore, until I realized my error )
    Last edited by VeniceBB; 02-29-12 at 12:24 PM.
    02-29-12 12:20 PM
    I use the app Buy Files and Folders - Download Files and Folders - Buy Apps from BlackBerry App World I'm sure there's many others available at different price points too. But it will let you easily select multiple pictures/files to cut/copy and paste to and from the PlayBook and phone.

I think it's probably the best 3 bucks I've spent on my PlayBook so far...
    02-29-12 12:21 PM
    Also you can use dropbox.....make sure you have it installed both your smartphone and playbook though
    02-29-12 12:31 PM
    ha! i actually files and folders on my playbook! my other half put it on when i got it, saying it was really good and i needed it, i went along with it even though i didnt have a clue what he was on about! too funny!thank you so much for your help ill show him when he gets in from work make out i worked it out all on my own! thank you all so much. ive photographed your comments and saved on my bb as ill never remember how to do it without reading it all again!
    02-29-12 12:44 PM
    Now i know if you have it bridge, you should be able to goto file manager and to your device and pull up your pictures on the playbook. I tried it out myself last night. Now im not sure if its able to be saved on the playbook or not. But it will definitely pull your pictures and media files over via bridge.
    02-29-12 02:12 PM
    some more efficient ways to achieve what you're trying to do:

1) Use File Manager
    2) Install bridge on your BlackBerry device and use the "open on"
    3) If the picture has been imported to the computer via Desktop Software, you can access the PlayBook directly and drop the file in either through a) USB cable or b) WiFi sharing.

A
    02-29-12 02:23 PM
    On a Mac: Install Desktop software. Plug Playbook into Mac with USB cable. Playbook appears in Mac Finder "Shared" as an IP address. Open as any other folder on the Mac. Navigate to "photos" (in Media). Copy/move/erase as with any other file or folder on the Mac. NB it is S-L-O-W - I am currently copying a folder with 240 100-200K pictures in it (slide show) and it is taking 25+ minutes.

John F
    11-24-12 12:37 PM
    Hi !!!! I'm Alex from Russia,and I very glad to connect and support all them, who hold this device in the hands! I do apologies. For. My English, I'LL hope, that be more best each time! Now question! How pass foto files via bluetooth to other devices from playbook? Grate. Thanks!!!
    10-19-14 06:41 AM
    Hi !!!! I'm Alex from Russia,and I very glad to connect and support all them, who hold this device in the hands! I do apologies. For. My English, I'LL hope, that be more best each time! Now question! How pass foto files via bluetooth to other devices from playbook? Grate. Thanks!!!
    Sorry, I don't think the playbook supports sending the files via bluetooth. Best methods are to send via email to the other device or send to a dropbox/google drive/onedrive account. If you are trying to send to another Blackberry device, you can use bridge to connect via bluetooth and use the Files & Folders application to do what you need. With a device other than Blackberry, the other ways I mentioned are likely your best bet.
    If you have a computer and are connected to the same wireless network, you might be able to connect over the wireless network to both devices and transfer through the computer.
    10-20-14 07:04 AM
    i wanted to save the pics to my play book so i could play around with the photos with the uber iris app, if you 'open on playbook' you can view pics but not save so you can't play around with them, i guess that emailing them is the only option i thought the bluetooth would have been easier.
    Open on PlayBook, then snap a screen shot and edit that shot with your photo app

Posted via CB10
    10-23-14 08:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD