I was wandering, if you was to roll back the device software on a BlackBerry 9360 to OS 6 if it would help the battery life of the phone as I only get 6 hours out of this phone yet I got 9+ hours out of my 9300; even though this phone is suppose to have a superior battery life compared to the 9300. If anyone has done this OS roll back and knows the answer could they post here and tell me their results please! I will be updating to OS 7.1 later on today to see if it will help with the battery life, any information is helpful, thank you for your time!
    02-28-12 09:56 PM
    Can't see it happening, as the OS is device specific. It'd be like trying to load the XBOX OS onto an XBOX 360.
    02-28-12 11:02 PM
    Can't see it happening, as the OS is device specific. It'd be like trying to load the XBOX OS onto an XBOX 360.
    But because its a different OS it would function diffrently and use less processes I would imagine and this in turn would leed to a better battery life I would have thought? Also you can get OS 6 onto a BlackBerry Curve 9360?... There's even tutorials on how to do it on this website.
    02-29-12 07:04 AM
    But because its a different OS it would function diffrently and use less processes I would imagine and this in turn would leed to a better battery life I would have thought? Also you can get OS 6 onto a BlackBerry Curve 9360?... There's even tutorials on how to do it on this website.
    Cool.... Give it a try, and post up your results!
    02-29-12 08:57 AM
    The 9360 never came with OS6, so while you could probably load OS6 cod files on it, possibly even all, it will always be OS7.

Install OS7.1 with battery management, and you'll find it's battery life improve.
    02-29-12 09:04 AM
    That is completly understandable but U will not be able to make it happen , first you'll not have the HotSpot , NO NFC , no Media server , and you'll prbably end up bricking your device if you tried to do so , bec the phone won't accept the os , so you'll have to wipe the ROM of your device to make it accept the os , when you wipe the ROM you will have to install other files on the ROM , and if you reach that point , there will be some hardware un combitable with the soft ware , it's an endless loop that you'll be in and you'll damage your mobile beyond repair !!
    BTW , there are some other threads like this if you haven't noticed .
    02-29-12 11:32 AM
    That is completly understandable but U will not be able to make it happen , first you'll not have the HotSpot , NO NFC , no Media server , and you'll prbably end up bricking your device if you tried to do so , bec the phone won't accept the os , so you'll have to wipe the ROM of your device to make it accept the os , when you wipe the ROM you will have to install other files on the ROM , and if you reach that point , there will be some hardware un combitable with the soft ware , it's an endless loop that you'll be in and you'll damage your mobile beyond repair !!
    BTW , there are some other threads like this if you haven't noticed .
    I didn't know this, that's why I took the time to ask. I'm glad I asked before I did anything now. I'll just do as BigBadWulf said and upgrade it to 7.1!
    02-29-12 03:08 PM
    7.1.195 gives you a great battery life (in case you didn't need the media server ) , but if you want the media server update to 7.1.0.258.
    02-29-12 08:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD