Looking for a particular type of note/charting app - I have to believe that it exists, since it would be a best-seller for many professionals out there!

I have been playing around with my new Playbook for just a couple of weeks. I bought it for my work as a consulting Occupational Therapist. I visit different facilities and often have many clients on the go. I was hoping that the Playbook would make it easier to track what I am doing at each facility and who I have to follow-up with. I have scoured the app world for an app that would make my Playbook an uber journal/notepad.

Basically, I need an app that would allow me to do the following:

1) I want to be able to have my notes sorted by Facility, so when I enter a place, I have a list of who I have to see and be able to quickly see what I've done so far. I don't mind if it requires me to pre-set groups or tags, like the "Get It Done" app

2) When I open the note for a client, I want to be able to see a historic journal of what I've been doing at each visit. I want to be able to add to the note with a date stamped entry (like a progress note on a physician's chart). I haven't found anything that would allow me to do this - most note apps will require me to type in the date and add a comment in plain text, instead of just date stamping my entry when I add a note. Most apps also only allow overwrites or all info just lumped together in a list, rather than as a dated entry.

3) I want to be able to sort through the notes by date - so I when I click on a certain date, I can see all the Facilities and clients I saw on that particular day, and what I did with them.

4) I also want to be able to sort by client, so I can scroll through all my clients on the go.

Come to think of it, it would seem like I want versatility similar to BBM's with respect to being able to sort individuals by group and view an individual's history by date like a chat history, except all in a note taking app! Am I asking too much?

Does anyone know of an app that has this kind of functionality? I was so excited to get the Playbook to replace my pen and paper note pad scribbles and agenda book where I do not have the ability to sort and tag my clients for quick access.

Any help is appreciated! Before signing up, I've used the Crackberry Forums religously for all my BB questions, so I believe in the brain trust here!
    Last edited by Rabid Parrot; 02-28-12 at 10:03 AM. Reason: added information
    02-28-12 09:26 AM
    Perhaps you should pinch yourself and wake up from your dream world. Sounds like you need an iPad and a life, you effin FRAUD.
    Last edited by jds4000; 02-28-12 at 10:34 AM.
    02-28-12 10:25 AM
    Perhaps you should pinch yourself and wake up from your dream world. Sounds like you need an iPad and a life, you effin FRAUD.
    Ouch, that's a bit harsh? Why the hostility and especially the fraud comment? I don't think my question is that unrealistic - there's got to be something out there. If not, I hope someone looks to develop it. My Bold and Playbook are my work horses - I jot down everything else on pen and paper. It would just be nice to take advantage of the Playbook for basic chart note functionality and do away with the paper. BTW - no interest at all in the iPad!
    02-28-12 10:53 AM
    While RIM made slot of noise about medical applications for the PBS and QNX I have seen none of value come out yet. OS2 is still very new and the PBS low on the developers rear for the time being. Hopefully this will change in the future. What you are looking for was available on the Palm but not for BB.
    02-28-12 11:15 AM
    Have you looked at Link Note??
    Linked/searchable contacts, notes and projects...? Might just about do some of what you want.
    02-28-12 02:46 PM
    Have you looked at Link Note??
    Linked/searchable contacts, notes and projects...? Might just about do some of what you want.
    Thanks for the lead. It would almost work. I sent a message to the dev for more details along with what I am looking for. Hopefully they might see the possibilities in it.
    02-29-12 07:47 AM
    Have you looked at Evernote, a combination of notebooks and tags should do what you want. The other app I use is catch notes, but I've not seen if anyone has repackaged it yet.

Gordon
    02-29-12 10:40 AM
    Have you looked at Evernote, a combination of notebooks and tags should do what you want. The other app I use is catch notes, but I've not seen if anyone has repackaged it yet.

Gordon
    Thanks for the suggestion. I have evernote but it doesn't sort activities by date so I can't see when I added any activities in a timeline fashion. I can tag by facility so I can quickly pull up clients, but the rest is a bit of a mess!

I appreciate the advice though! I'll check the other app out - I really do hope it does or will exist!
    02-29-12 11:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD