Ok so I have the biggest headache right now as I cannot get my wifi calling to work.
    I'm with Rogers and Ive had wifi calling on my plan for 2 years now. It worked perfectly with my bold 9700,9780,curve 9300, and my old torch up to this day.
    Rogers still hasnt come out with an official release of 7.1 os so I got the leaked version of 7.1.0.267 in hope to get UMA again or "wifi calling" to work and NO LUCK. I tried everything and its not working. I put my sim card into my curve and I get UMA instantly. I dont see why this doesnt work with the new os update. Please if you can help me out I would appreciate the help Thank you
    02-28-12 01:04 AM
    wifi/calling is not a patch on uma and has it difficulties connecting at the best of times.I have had luck with a 9900 buy disabling all of the networks and renabling them again,you also need at least a lock on the carrier as well.
    02-28-12 08:26 AM
    Thanks but Ive tried that and no luck and yes my phone is locked to my carrier.
    02-28-12 01:58 PM
    Rogers does not support UMA/Wifi Calling on the 9860 yet. All the leaks so far don't seem to support Wifi calling for 9860
    black hole likes this.
    02-28-12 02:39 PM
    Wifi calling is dependent on having the right software version (7.1 is capable) and having the right service books. What I would do is wait for Rogers to make 7.1 official and then contact them to ask if/when it's coming.
    03-01-12 02:39 AM
    ya im gonna have to wait
    but rogers is taking too long -________-
    03-08-12 04:06 PM
    It's not coming for Rogers.

They've discontinued the Torch 9860 - so no update.

I doubt other Rogers 7.1 users will be updated - Rogers prefers forcing customers to upgrade phone, not only the software.

They're D!#K$ like that.
    03-19-12 10:02 AM
    It's not coming for Rogers.

They've discontinued the Torch 9860 - so no update.

I doubt other Rogers 7.1 users will be updated - Rogers prefers forcing customers to upgrade phone, not only the software.

They're D!#K$ like that.
    Whether they've discontinued the device or not doesn't mean they stop supporting it. They will still issue updates.
    03-19-12 01:04 PM
    Whether they've discontinued the device or not doesn't mean they stop supporting it. They will still issue updates.
    I USED to think that too, however none of my Rogers friends older phones received updates either...
    03-19-12 01:42 PM
    Wifi calling on the 9860 doesn't seem its ever going to come. We have an unlocked version running on tmobile with the latest .342 leak and still no wifi calling over here either.
    03-22-12 12:25 AM
    ^^ i'm beginning to think that carriers will be reluctant to support this in their efforts to gain revenue.
    03-22-12 01:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD