I just wanted to share this excelent app with you people. It works perfect to me. The only thing you can't do is taking a photo from the PlayBook to send it 'cause it crashes. Use media librery instead. Enjoy it!

eBuddy XMS 2.2.2 for PlayBook

New eBuddy XMS � Do more than SMS!
    � Free, real-time messaging for smartphones
    � Message any way you want � with text, pictures, videos, emoticons and more
    Go beyond words. eBuddy XMS takes messaging to the next level because:

IT�S FREE
    XMS all you want! eBuddy XMS uses your Internet connection.
    That means you can easily share unlimited messages with your XMS contacts.

Download

Special thanks to Jeroen_13 for making this possible
    jeroen_13 and nothing2003 like this.
    02-28-12 12:01 AM
    Ebuddy XMS is the best SMS/TEXT app for the Playbook available today !

Jeroen
    emtanez_2 likes this.
    02-28-12 02:47 AM
    Why is it that I can't find the App on AppWorld, I would love to try on my PlayBook,
    02-28-12 12:55 PM
    Is this an android port?
    02-28-12 02:43 PM
    I just wanted to share this excelent app with you people. It works perfect to me. The only thing you can't do is taking a photo from the PlayBook to send it 'cause it crashes. Use media librery instead. Enjoy it!

eBuddy XMS 2.2.2 for PlayBook

New eBuddy XMS � Do more than SMS!
    � Free, real-time messaging for smartphones
    � Message any way you want � with text, pictures, videos, emoticons and more
    Go beyond words. eBuddy XMS takes messaging to the next level because:

IT�S FREE
    XMS all you want! eBuddy XMS uses your Internet connection.
    That means you can easily share unlimited messages with your XMS contacts.

Download

Special thanks to Jeroen_13 for making this possible
    maybe i"m missing the obvious but it is asking for a phone number, my playbook doesn't have phone number. How do I set it up?
    Thanks!
    02-28-12 05:27 PM
    How do you verify a phone number on the playbook?
    02-28-12 08:25 PM
    Why is it that I can't find the App on AppWorld, I would love to try on my PlayBook,
    You can't because it's an android app ported by @Jeroen_13. You'll need to sideload the .BAR that I've already posted Hope you like it!
    02-28-12 09:05 PM
    Is this an android port?
    I'm pretty sure the answer above will clear your doubt Enjoy it!
    02-28-12 09:08 PM
    maybe i"m missing the obvious but it is asking for a phone number, my playbook doesn't have phone number. How do I set it up?
    Thanks!
    Don't worry. For sure other users have the same question; All you need to do is write your phone number (mobile) and a message will be sent with an activation code. eBuddy XMS will assign you a PIN. In order to keep your PIN (for future) you'll need to login with facebook. If you reset the aplication there's no way to recover your last PIN. (At least, not that I know) Hope this answer
    Last edited by emtanez_2; 02-28-12 at 09:26 PM.
    02-28-12 09:18 PM
    How do you verify a phone number on the playbook?
    You need to request via mobile. Read the directions above. I'm not sure but the option appears when you launch the app for 1st time. If not, you can use an alternative device to request for the activation code. eBuddy XMS is available for BB, iPhone, iPod Touch, Windows Phone and Android. Now for PlayBook sideloading
    02-28-12 09:25 PM
    Do I need to use a different PIN for ebuddy on phone and playbook?
    03-02-12 09:03 AM
    Do I need to use a different PIN for ebuddy on phone and playbook?
    Actually you can keep the same PIN if you've already connected with Facebook before. Once you've done that you only need to go to 'Connect with Facebook ' and that's it. Instead of requesting for a new PIN
    03-02-12 12:52 PM
    Ok thanks. Do I still have to register my phone number? I have it working on my bb phone without registering my phone number, but can't get it working on playbook. I don't have text messaging on my phone so cannot receive the confirmation text message.
    03-02-12 02:12 PM
    Trying to install Ebuddy xms on the playbook. Installs ok but won't register because it insists on sending and waiting for a sms message and there isn't sms on the Playbook. Installed it on my Android phone hoping I could use that install on the Playbook but there's no way to get by the initialization screen. Evidently there's some way to do it via Facebook but I'm not on Facebook. Is there any other way?
    03-03-12 06:34 AM
    Trying to install Ebuddy xms on the playbook. Installs ok but won't register because it insists on sending and waiting for a sms message and there isn't sms on the Playbook. Installed it on my Android phone hoping I could use that install on the Playbook but there's no way to get by the initialization screen. Evidently there's some way to do it via Facebook but I'm not on Facebook. Is there any other way?
    use your number of the phone. you'll receive a code, fill in that code and it works
    03-03-12 03:01 PM
    I am using the number from my phone but it never seems to send the message. It just sits there.
    03-03-12 06:05 PM
    Ok thanks. Do I still have to register my phone number? I have it working on my bb phone without registering my phone number, but can't get it working on playbook. I don't have text messaging on my phone so cannot receive the confirmation text message.
    If you already have it working on your bb, you need to connect with Facebook from the mobile (to associate your eBuddy XMS PIN code with you FB account). Then you can login using your FB account from your PlayBook. That's the only way I know
    03-03-12 08:41 PM
    Here's the Official page to: eBuddy XMS - Support. I've already said everything I know about it. If you still have any question, ask me and I'll try to help you You're welcome!
    03-03-12 08:48 PM
    Thanks for the help, but unfortunately, I have an Android phone. I installed it on that hoping that would get around the problem but it didn't. I read the ebuddy XMS support page that you gave me and sent them off this email:
    ---------------

Don't know if you can help or are willing to help with this problem. I'm trying to run a side loaded Ebuddy xms on my Blackberry playbook. It loads ok but when I put it my phone number (of my Android phone which I installed Ebuddy XMS on) the playbook just sits there and nothing comes back. Don't have a Facebook account which I understand is another way of doing it. Is there any other way. My phone is a HTC Desire and the phone number is 19026231604. Works fine on the Android phone but would like to get it working on the Blackberry Playbook as well.
    ------------------
    If they can't help, guess I'll have to wait for another XMS app for the Playbook. Strange there isn't a native one that doesn't require the Blackberry phone.
    03-04-12 06:28 AM
    Ok. I enabled text messaging on my bb phone. Received a text message and verified phone number on phone. Installed ebuddy xms on playbook. Put in phone number and get ""there was a problem connecting to our servers. Please try again". Which of course I did numerous times. Tried connecting via facebook. No luck. Cannot get ebuddy working on playbook. Any guidance as to what to do from here? Thanks all.
    03-06-12 08:19 AM
    Never mind. Got it working. Had to connect Playbook over wireless. Wouldn't connect to xms server via bridge.
    03-06-12 08:43 AM
    Add me(see signature)
    03-06-12 09:42 AM
    Says sending SMS but I never receive anything on my bb. Connected via wifi and bridge
    03-06-12 12:20 PM
    Never mind. Got it working. Had to connect Playbook over wireless. Wouldn't connect to xms server via bridge.
    Hi there,
    my name is Aleksandra and I work for eBuddy.
    I just wanted to let you know that we officially don't support Playbook that's why you experienced issues.

Good to hear it is working now.
    Let us know if you have any additional questions.

Best regards,
    Aleksandra
    03-13-12 07:37 AM
    Says sending SMS but I never receive anything on my bb. Connected via wifi and bridge
    Hi,

this is Aleksandra from eBuddy XMS speaking.
    Can you please write us your full mobile number to blackberry (at) ebuddyxms.zendesk.com?

Our support team will try to solve your issue asap.

Best regards,
    Aleksandra
    03-13-12 07:38 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD