this is what happens when QNX (Qnet distributed multiprocessing) and Tat gets married..awesome apps!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=5mTLEb9wG3w

updated with some more videos.

Last edited by sf49ers; 02-27-12 at 01:00 PM.
    i7guy, cutexoxo, kennyliu and 21 others like this.
    02-27-12 12:19 PM
    Very Nice! Hopefully RIM can get this ready for when BB10 phones come out,
    02-27-12 12:28 PM
    Pretty impressive.
    02-27-12 12:30 PM
    I remember seeing something like this in a concept video. But seeing it in action is unreal. Hoping to see this feature built in to BB10!
    yauchunh likes this.
    02-27-12 12:35 PM
    Now we are talking.Thanks OP.
    02-27-12 12:37 PM
    very cool! I honestly think QNX could be the next huge OS for mobile platforms but they need to execute it better and allow developers the tools and ease of making quality apps.
    02-27-12 12:37 PM
    KOOL, this is the kind of stuff that marketing is made of.....hint, hint RIM. NICE find OP
    bmw328i likes this.
    02-27-12 12:40 PM
    Ummmmmmm......I damn near slapped myself after watching that video. WOW!!! Fa real....they could say this isn't coming soon but just say this is a taste of things to come in BB10 and I will gladly wait.

Once Tat finish the main work on the BB10 OS I'll be glad to see more apps like this from them
    02-27-12 12:46 PM
    Looks like Playbook is DLNA enabled. Anyone else noticed?
    recompile likes this.
    02-27-12 12:48 PM
    Wow! That was impressive. It could be quite useful in business meetings. I'm curious how it knew where the devices were in relation to one another.
    02-27-12 12:48 PM
    Thread title should be amended to NSF. No that's not a flashlight in my pants, I just watched this video!
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    02-27-12 12:49 PM
    I wonder if those units were using NFC, either that or they were using gyroscope and sensors to maintain relative positioning to one another. Power Swipe!

Teasers Are Torture!
    Last edited by BaconMunch; 02-27-12 at 12:55 PM.
    02-27-12 12:50 PM
    Wow! That was impressive. It could be quite useful in business meetings. I'm curious how it knew where the devices were in relation to one another.
    I think it is QNX's Qnet for Transparent Distributed Processing

A Neutrino native network is a group of interconnected workstations running only Neutrino. In this network, a program can transparently access any resource -- whether it's a file, a device, or a process -- on any other node (a computer or a workstation) in your local subnetwork. You can even run programs on other nodes.
    http://www.qnx.com/developers/docs/6...uide/qnet.html
    Last edited by sf49ers; 02-27-12 at 01:05 PM.
    bquinney and Dapper37 like this.
    02-27-12 12:52 PM
    Two points:

• Cool. Really, really cool, and one step closer to the conceptual video "leaked" a few months ago. Imagine transferring so seamlessly between phone, tablet, computer at work, car, home appliances... the list of uses goes on and on...
    • Enough with the demos. TAT has demoed a ton of cool, cool stuff. We don't have any of it available to us (except for the least cool thing of them all - Scrapbook). It's now just teasing. I realize cascades SDK is coming out soon and blah blah blah, but they keep showing this stuff that IF it was on a handset, BB would be the "it" phone again. They've become the strip club of mobile companies -- look but don't touch.
    steelguy and BB10FTW like this.
    02-27-12 12:53 PM

RCK
    02-27-12 12:56 PM
    I wonder if those units were using NFC, either that or they were using gyroscope and sensors to maintain relative positioning to one another. Power Swipe!

Teasers Are Torture!
    In this video at :20
    [YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcHbhb0rstk[/YT]

Attendee: Are they connected by NFC?
    TAT: No, they are connected by regular Wi-Fi. The locations are determined by a camera in the ceiling.
    Deathcommand and peter9477 like this.
    02-27-12 01:14 PM

the concept from TAT. check out 1:55 for the similar concept.
    02-27-12 01:14 PM
    Come on TAT, demo less, ship more! Don't you guys have a Cascades SDK to work on or something??
    purijagmohan likes this.
    02-27-12 01:16 PM
    Attendee: Are they connected by NFC?
    TAT: No, they are connected by regular Wi-Fi. The locations are determined by a camera in the ceiling.
    hmm, that would be useful in a business meeting for sure, in a company with playbooks and blackberry phones deployment. But for consumers, surely we cant have a camera mounted on our home ceiling, or in the sky when we're outside (as seen in the TAT concept video). Are there any other options? can bluetooth or regular wifi detect location?
    purijagmohan likes this.
    02-27-12 01:20 PM
    hmm, that would be useful in a business meeting for sure, in a company with playbooks and blackberry phones deployment. But for consumers, surely we cant have a camera mounted on our home ceiling, or in the sky when we're outside (as seen in the TAT concept video). Are there any other options? can bluetooth or regular wifi detect location?
    Not even practical for most businesses, because they would have to purchase the ceiling monitor.

My guess is that GPS is not exact enough and Bluetooth doesn't really give the location of other devices, just that they are within range.
    02-27-12 01:28 PM
    Although cool concept videos, the fact that you need a camera in the ceiling to determine the location of the PlayBooks puts this out of the hands of 95% of people. I'm sure they will come up with easy ways of transferring files using NFC or perhaps some other type of sensor they embed in the devices.

I'm still very impressed!
    purijagmohan likes this.
    02-27-12 01:49 PM
    Not even practical for most businesses, because they would have to purchase the ceiling monitor.

My guess is that GPS is not exact enough and Bluetooth doesn't really give the location of other devices, just that they are within range.
    We've been experimenting with color markers in the corners and on ceilings for a museum project we're working on. So far we're getting decent results that way.
    02-27-12 01:53 PM
    It's definitely some insanely impressive stuff, but how about some of TAT's handiwork in some practical applications?
    purijagmohan likes this.
    02-27-12 02:11 PM
    Very impressive!!
    02-27-12 02:34 PM
    Mind blown!!!! I want this now!!!!!!!!!
    02-27-12 02:35 PM
84 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD