Yes 2.0 is surely good. PlayBook has indeed become more usable. A few important things though seem to have been avoided this time.

1. Support for BBM Groups in Bridge application - bridge without bbm is like email support without gmail, simply incomplete!

2. Sync between Bridge Mail and Native Mail - I agree there are work arounds but hey, who doesn't want the best? It would be great if actions performed on one device could be synced to another. As both email apps in the phone as well as in the PB are routed thru the BB server, I don't think its a tall ask. So no matter whether what you've done in one device, its always updated to the other.

What else do u think should be there?
    02-27-12 12:20 AM
    I would like to be able to edit my bookmarks and organise them alphabetically.
    02-27-12 12:23 AM
    Integrate Skype into Video Chat app (as on the Touchpad). Don't wait for MS to develop it.

I am not sure if they need an OK from MS, but I imagine that they don't as so many apps have Skype integrated.
    kbz1960, Tomcat_Alley and mossfoot like this.
    02-27-12 12:25 AM
    I like the email app and it is working great with my Gmail, but I would like to see an ability to MOVE emails to another designated folder (ie: I have a folder called "receipts" that I like to move inbox receipts to)....unless I am missing something and that function is already there?
    02-27-12 12:26 AM
    Allow themes and allow for tilt control on your phone while bridged to pb for games like NFS and Asphalt.
    rickgainsmith likes this.
    02-27-12 12:31 AM
    I would like the SMS text messages to show on the PB when bridged.

I have read through the App for this on App World and it's a nightmare just to get it over to the PB, and I don't want my SMS messages going through another server just to make it into an email.
    xalasten and xeju like this.
    02-27-12 12:32 AM
    Could not agree more,

1. Bbm Groups support in Bridge
    2. Sync bridge mail and Native mail
    3. Edit and organize bookmarks
    4. Skype support

Guys when we post let us copy the above and include the rest below so it's easier to read rather than going thru all posts everytime
    02-27-12 12:34 AM
    USB host and more bluetooth profiles
    02-27-12 12:51 AM
    I want a single gesture to close out the active app. Drives me nuts having to swipe and the tap an X. It the little things....
    02-27-12 12:58 AM
    when I take a picture on the playbook, I want the option to display date the picture was taken
    bbfan1040 likes this.
    02-27-12 01:31 AM
    more facebook and twitter integration! I would like to immediately share my pictures on fb or tweet about where I am or what I am seeing!

I love the Skype integration to BB Video!
    amg2004 likes this.
    02-27-12 01:35 AM
    I would like to see the same interface for bridged email as is now available for native email with the option to send email in plaint-text or rich-text format. The email would not be stored on the tablet but remain on the smartphone and the links between LinkedIn, FaceBook, Calendar, Contacts, etc. would be dynamically created whenever the bridged email was launched. From a user perspective both bridged email and native email should be identical. The tablet boot time should be reduced substantially. An office suite worthy of a professional-grade tablet is on the list too, especially given that Research In Motion has announced its own keyboard and case combination. If the development team needs highly-motivated and competent staff I am available.
    Jaybird9520 likes this.
    02-27-12 01:56 AM
    Is there an api for implementing skype in an app? If not RIM might not be able to do anything about integrating it into video chat. But I would love to see that too.

Twitter and facebook integration probably will come before BB10 is launched IMO. The current BBOS already has it, so it stands to reason that it will be in BB10, which will probably find its way to the playbook sooner or later. I just can't imagine RIM putting out BB10 phones that can't do what the current BBOS 7 phones already can.

I would like to see browser bookmarks manager, video player that remembers where I left it in a video, more audio/video formats support, better PDF reader, better youtube app (current one feels more like an after thought), more improvements in app world to make discovering and browsing apps easier, some form of mapping app other than Bing, & finally, blackberry protect. That's all I can think of for now.

I love my playbook & its already very capable, but there are still a lot of room for improvements to make it even better.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    02-27-12 02:05 AM
    remote access to BB phones via bridge! then, no more fiddling with 2 devices at anytime! i can call from my PB, check IM messages and read/reply SMS!
    xalasten likes this.
    02-27-12 02:13 AM
    5. BBM without bridge
    6. Easier PIM sync between PB and BB
    7. Improved adobe (search, bookmark, annotate, etc)
    8. Create .ppt from scratch

Could not agree more,

1. Bbm Groups support in Bridge
    2. Sync bridge mail and Native mail
    3. Edit and organize bookmarks
    4. Skype support

Guys when we post let us copy the above and include the rest below so it's easier to read rather than going thru all posts everytime
    Last edited by avidberry; 02-27-12 at 02:32 AM.
    dfield likes this.
    02-27-12 02:17 AM
    Is there an api for implementing skype in an app? If not RIM might not be able to do anything about integrating it into video chat. But I would love to see that too.
    Yes, it would be great to hear from our developers if they think it is possible to integrate Skype into Video Chat on the Playbook.

Again, Skype is integrated into Video Calls on the HP Touchpad and is part of so many IM apps (IM+, IMO, etc) and web IM services. Is there anything that could technically prevent Skype integration on the Playbook?
    02-27-12 02:18 AM
    5. BBM without bridge
    6. Easier PIM sync between PB and BB
    7. Bedside mode and a decent alarm clock utility
    8. Keyboard creates caps with long hold of letter (like on BB)
    9. Support for added memory through USB using flash drive

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk
    02-27-12 02:22 AM
    I like the email app and it is working great with my Gmail, but I would like to see an ability to MOVE emails to another designated folder (ie: I have a folder called "receipts" that I like to move inbox receipts to)....unless I am missing something and that function is already there?
    This can be done. First tap the icon on the left with the @ and select the email account. Next select the email you want to move and select the folders icon on the right, the one above the trash bucket. This will open the folder list where you can select the folders you want to move the email to.
    02-27-12 02:56 AM
    Here's mine:

1. Better Android - PB OS integration
    • Contacts from PB OS should be seamlessly integrated on a backend (as in not seen) contacts app inside the Android player
    • UI consistencies between PB OS and the Android player (c'mon!! framework-res.apk is skinnable!!)
    • Normal file associations should already be defaulted to open the respective native PB App (e.g. music, pictures, videos) from the Android player (thus no Open with..). Opening a file on a desired app needs to have that desired app open first.

2. Email notifications
    • Notifications should be off when set even when the playbook is restarted. (It is a verified issue that the notifications still persist after a playbook restart).
    • Notifications for work mail should be turned off separately
    • Option to turn off notifications when not in office hours (office hours is set inside the calendar options, not sure why they didn't made it a PB-wide option)
    • Lock the work mail only when enterprise is locked

3. Calendar
    • Option to turn off notifications when not in the office hours (office hours is set inside the calendar options)

4. Browser
    • Recognize market:// URL's and redirect it to App World
    • Integration of Flash Access to Flash Player (enabling DRM content streamed on Flash to be played on the browser itself)

5. BBM
    • Independent BBM when Bridge is off
    • Integration of the BBM data between the phone and the PB when Bridge is on

6. Overall UI
    • Cursor needs to be defaulted/locked on text boxes inside the PB areas that is obviously the only part where it needs keyboard input (e.g. lockscreen, prompt to unlock). The cursor loses focus when pressing it on other areas of the screen.
    Last edited by peter_betos; 02-27-12 at 03:40 AM.
    02-27-12 03:23 AM
    More configuration options in Accounts. I would be happy if i could just disable accounts instead of deleting them. When I'm using WiFi, I might want to use the ActiveSync account on the Playbook, but when I'm out and about, just want to use Bridge & save battery on my BlackBerry.

Better PDF viewer features.

Support for more attachment types in Bridge Email. WAV & WMV should work.
    02-27-12 03:26 AM
    Bridged text/SMS support would be good too. And apps like whats up messaging too
    02-27-12 03:51 AM
    Fix the Exchange email sync bug.
    mphillips828 likes this.
    02-27-12 04:15 AM
    Please let me print! This is essential for business use!
    Jaybird9520 likes this.
    02-27-12 06:09 AM
    The ability to send and save files like pics and videos from phone to Playbook and vise versa through the bluetooth connection. Create presentations and full document editing.
    02-27-12 06:37 AM
    Allow for passwording the messaging app so i can let people use my PB without them snooping through my messages lol
    Jaybird9520 likes this.
    02-27-12 09:03 AM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD