I love the new mail app but playbook is removing mail from server and cannot get emails on my desktop computer. I have checked playbook email settings and the option to "leave on server" is on but if I check my emails on playbook and then go to check on desktop they are not there. Anyone else having same issue? Email account is pop3. My other email account is an imap account and does not have this option but seems to leave them on server OK.
    02-24-12 03:49 PM
    Yep, I have the same PROBLEM. I have bell/sympatico/live accounts, pop accounts.Everytime I delete mail from my PB its gone when I go to my desktop to load it in outlook express. I log into my bell live account and it is gone from the in box sometimes to the delete box or completely gone.
    Big Problem.I have tried most things no change. I wrote a thread on it and never got an answer.
    Last edited by Goldwing07; 02-24-12 at 03:55 PM. Reason: mistakes
    02-24-12 03:54 PM
    I am not even deleting them. Once they are downloaded into playbook it seems to remove from server. I am using outlook as well.
    02-24-12 03:59 PM
    I am not even deleting them. Once they are downloaded into playbook it seems to remove from server. I am using outlook as well.
    have you checked your outlook express settings to see if it is checked to leave on server.
    tools /accounts/ server /advanced /then at bottom make sure it is checked.
    02-24-12 04:06 PM
    Yep, I have the same PROBLEM. I have bell/sympatico/live accounts, pop accounts.Everytime I delete mail from my PB its gone when I go to my desktop to load it in outlook express. I log into my bell live account and it is gone from the in box sometimes to the delete box or completely gone.
    Big Problem.I have tried most things no change. I wrote a thread on it and never got an answer.
    Would that not be the idea behind a synchronized email? When I deleted a mail, on my BB phone, it was also gone on the server.
    02-24-12 04:07 PM
    Wonder if this is a setting at the server end?
    02-24-12 04:08 PM
    I guess I will be deleting the email client from my PB. I have Road Runner so I can still check my email from their webmail client without running an integrated email.
    02-24-12 04:11 PM
    Would that not be the idea behind a synchronized email? When I deleted a mail, on my BB phone, it was also gone on the server.
    i am sure i tried it without sync and it still did it but i will give it a nother shot.This new native mail and BBB mail has caused allot of confusion amongst some users.
    02-24-12 04:14 PM
    Same here, i am loosing some mails though i am not deleting them at my playbook. Lucky that my phone has them so i still have a copy. Im using gmail.
    02-24-12 04:29 PM
    I finally decided to delete all my email address,s from the new native email. Iam going back to my trusty bbbridge at least I get the choice of removing the mail from the BBC or both.
    It really ducks that they cannot have the same option with native
    Last edited by Goldwing07; 02-24-12 at 04:36 PM. Reason: Correction
    02-24-12 04:33 PM
    So on an IMAP setup there is no option for "Leave on Server", but on POP setup there is?
    I got one IMAP and two POP accounts, but where can I find that options on the POP accounts?
    02-24-12 04:40 PM
    Having the same problem. Deleted native email. PlayBook works better as paper weight/web browser than business tool. 2.0 has not changed that. They need another year or two to get this thing going.

They even asked me to let them close the case I opened on this even as they had no clue at all what even to try to fix it.

There was clear tension and nervousness with everyone I spoke to.

Got to give the new CEO some time, but this is one flailing firm, friends. I hope to God they survive because App-pull and Goo-gall are off the table and I'll be damned if I buy a Samsung or any of those gizmos.

Meantime, I'm not buying any new equipment or accessories from RIM until they start releasing software that isn't late and/or riddled with issues.

Enough is enough.

Leave my frickin emails on the frickin server like I set it to, clowns!
    anon(4067838) likes this.
    02-24-12 04:41 PM
    No IMAP folders either. Awful. Awful. Awful.
    The native email sucks.
    02-24-12 05:08 PM
    Same here, i am loosing some mails though i am not deleting them at my playbook. Lucky that my phone has them so i still have a copy. Im using gmail.
    Are you sure that Gmail don't just "archive" your emails - so IF you go to your Gmail web - and choose "All" mails - look for them there...

I wish the Gmail integration in Playbook would be a bit more complete - giving options such as Archiving mail, and to choose from ALL labels/folders in Gmail to show - and also ability to do advanced search in external Gmail - so I can locate 2 year old emails when i need them..
    02-24-12 09:12 PM
    Having the same problem. Deleted native email. PlayBook works better as paper weight/web browser than business tool. 2.0 has not changed that. They need another year or two to get this thing going.

They even asked me to let them close the case I opened on this even as they had no clue at all what even to try to fix it.

Got to give the new CEO some time, but this is one flailing firm, friends. I hope to God they survive because App-pull and Goo-gall are off the table and I'll be damned if I buy a Samsung or any of those gizmos.

Meantime, I'm not buying any new equipment or accessories from RIM until they start releasing software that isn't late and/or riddled with issues.

Enough is enough.

Yes mine is set to "leave on server" as well but this does nothing. The imap accounts do not have this function and Pop accounts do, but is does jack...... Someone suggested checking if it is on in outlook but that is not the problem -its the playbook removing it before email is even opened in outlook.
    Mine is a shared (family) email account that others need access to but this is impossible when playbook mail app keeps removing them.
    While the new email looks impressive it definitely has its faults. A simple mod to Desktop manager to allow since of contacts??? A right pain in the arse just to get your contacts in from outlook.
    My only other negative is the keyboard - love the new one but why oh why make it change back to basic style all the time???? Leave it as one type but maybe let user select the new style or basic from the settings menu. It gets bloody confusing when you input logins/passwords etc and it keeps changing from one to the other.
    That said, I love all the other improvements, good work!
    02-25-12 10:44 PM
    If you are using Gmail there is a server side pop setting for whether to preserve "checked" emails or delete. I think the default is to delete. If using Gmail log in on the website and change that pop setting.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    02-25-12 10:48 PM
    Native email is functioning just as I want it to. Pop3 account. Not an expert on this at all but my understanding of "leave it on server" means it stays available on the server when you open it so it can still be opened from other locations but deleting it deletes from server as well. That's how mine is working which is just what I want it to do. I can get rid of any i don't need to keep from my pb and have those available on my desktop that I want to keep by not deleting them. Once I delete them from outlook on desktop they are gone from pb as well. Just how I want it to function.
    02-26-12 07:06 AM
    What happens if you delete an email from your desktop? Is now not on your pb?
    02-26-12 07:15 AM
    I really don't get it; many have complained about the no native e-mail feature, we now get it, it works perfectly well for me, and yet some say it sucks.
    02-26-12 07:18 AM

Enough is enough.

I'll give you $25 for your PlayBook
    02-26-12 08:08 AM
    I really don't get it; many have complained about the no native e-mail feature, we now get it, it works perfectly well for me, and yet some say it sucks.

You can please some of the people all of the time, but you can not please all of the people all of the time.
    02-26-12 08:12 AM
    Because not everyone uses the playbook to deal the emails the same way. It may work for you perfectly, that doesn't necessarily mean it works for everyone else perfectly.
    02-26-12 08:13 AM
    I ran some tests - sent emails to my Gmail account from other accounts - opened up the email using the messaging app - saw my test email on the PB and on my PC's Gmail account. Closed the messaging app without doing anything and about 20 minutes later the email disappeare from my Gmail acct!!

It was nowhere to be seen - not in any folder - not even in the trash. Needless to say, since I just purchased the PB a few days ago it goes right back to the store for a refund.

What a POS!
    02-26-12 08:21 AM
    Have tried adjusting your GMAIL settings online. This could be due to the default setting of auto-expunge on.
    02-26-12 08:25 AM
    Op please let us know if you are using gmail. And if so please check your settings on the gmail side. Gmails pop service has a sort of non standard configuration.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    02-26-12 08:35 AM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD