I'm kind of surprised the results people have been getting from the battery life. How are some people getting 10 hours and over from browsing the web, playing games (monopoly, asphalt 6, sims city deluxe) listening to music, and watching videos? I get max of 4 to 5 hours when I do all of that. I have done all the tricks to save battery life such as accepting the video chat agreement and completely discharging my battery too. Could this just be my battery is defective?
    LeKeiser likes this.
    02-24-12 06:09 AM
    I don't think your battery is defective, I really think it is not possible to have 10+ hours doing all that. I have set the backlight of my display at the minimum, I browse the web using a wifi connection, or using blutooth, I can see the battery is being drained little by little. Like this morning, I charged my PB fully, I have surfed a bit, I have 95% battery left. I think it's totally normal.
    So I'm with you, 6 hours wifi on, music, videos, maybe games, that should be the max.
    matturbanowicz and peter9477 like this.
    02-24-12 06:26 AM
    Agreed.

10characters
    02-24-12 06:27 AM
    I'm using one every day now. I'm getting about 6 hours of mixed use. I think your battery is probably fine.
    02-24-12 06:33 AM
    6 hours of use is about as much as i get out of mine, but its usually spread out throughout the day, so it generally feels like im getting a whole days use out of it.

The battery is nothing to write home about, its not amazing, in experience its about equal to the iPad, and a lot better than mobile phones. just try to play angry birds on any mobile for more than two hours and see what happens to your battery life.
    02-24-12 07:02 AM
    I use mine moderately throughout the day. Some periods with heavy browsing, some game playing, and answering emails. I plug it in at night and pull off the charger in the morning. I can go until 11pm or midnight no problem and still be around 45percent or so when i go to bed. If you use it constantly though i can see probably 6-7 hours of use.
    tumblingdice03 likes this.
    02-24-12 07:13 AM
    I don't think your battery is defective, I really think it is not possible to have 10+ hours doing all that. I have set the backlight of my display at the minimum, I browse the web using a wifi connection, or using blutooth, I can see the battery is being drained little by little. Like this morning, I charged my PB fully, I have surfed a bit, I have 95% battery left. I think it's totally normal.
    So I'm with you, 6 hours wifi on, music, videos, maybe games, that should be the max.
    Thanks! I think I'll stop worrying about my battery now
    02-24-12 07:26 AM
    Do a security wipe...I was getting crap battery like the rest of you until I did this and the difference is substantial. Yesterday I used my Playbook almost all day off and on, surfing, watching youtube and I was at 49% at 1a last night...12 hours off charger. Before security wipe I would have been dead halfway through the day with that kind of usage.
    02-24-12 07:57 AM
    I wasn't paying attention to people complaining about battery life but I had a strange experience last night. I was surfing, had weather app open, file browser, and music player. I stopped music playback, and put it on standby (screen off), with all apps still open. I expected minimal battery drain, and battery indicator was showing 60% at 10pm last night.

This morning, it showed 0%.

Must be one of the apps (that weren't doing anything) eating up the battery? I expected if the device is in standby it would consume minimal power even if some apps are open. I would hate to close all open apps before I put it into standby all the time. Anyone had similar experience?
    02-24-12 07:57 AM
    6 hours of use is about as much as i get out of mine, but its usually spread out throughout the day, so it generally feels like im getting a whole days use out of it.
    ditto to that.
    02-24-12 08:04 AM
    It has definitely cut battery life. Another RIM failure.
    02-24-12 09:04 AM
    what has? OS2? There is a bug, it's not fixed yet, but there is a work around, so use it
    bluefisher896 likes this.
    02-24-12 10:43 AM
    rumor has it that apple increased the energy density by 70% on the new ipad 3 and hardly expanding the size of it. perhaps the next gen batteries will soon be avail to BB? who knows
    03-11-12 09:43 AM
    Please grow up. Such a bald statement beginning with "it" is scarcely helpful. Nit picking everything as a RIM fail certainly shows your bias.

Such comments are tedious.
    03-11-12 10:20 AM
    Yes, I am pretty concerned about battery life, and it seems to me that OS 2.0 brought a decline. Even when all I am doing is reading, I still seem to get only about 5-6 hours. I may have to get a Kindle after all for reading on all those intercontinental flights. A security wipe is just too much trouble for uncertain results, especially since my desktop manager is having issues and won't recognize my Playbook or phone, let alone back them up.
    03-11-12 10:36 AM
    Get Battery Guru and you'll be able to accurately discover whether or not your battery consumption has decreased. Personally my PB battery is as efficient with 2.0 as it was with 1.8.
    03-11-12 10:45 AM
    I get around 10% drain an hour with around 40 minutes of use an hour.
    03-11-12 11:53 AM
    My biggest issue about the battery under OS2 is that the playbook will never reach battery level below 10%. It always automatically shut down at around 12% while the battery icon is still yellow, and there's no warnings. (I know there would be a warning if below 10% and the battery icon goes red, but that state is never reached...)

SO basically with OS2 I can only enjoy upto 88% of the whole battery life and there is no way to fully discharge the battery. Hope this would be fixed in the new update.
    03-13-12 06:41 AM
    I seem to get less battery life since the 2.0 update but it may be that my usage increased also and if I do in fact get less it's not much less. It's been hard to tell so far, but on the most part I'm happy. I use mine pretty heavy and I'd say I get anywhere from 8 to 12 hours use before needing to charge, depending on what I'm doing of course. If nothing else I web browse and email pretty heavy and sometimes those pesky Angry Birds call me for my help, and who am I to decline?
    03-13-12 07:13 AM
    I seem to get less battery life since the 2.0 update but it may be that my usage increased also and if I do in fact get less it's not much less. It's been hard to tell so far, but on the most part I'm happy. I use mine pretty heavy and I'd say I get anywhere from 8 to 12 hours use before needing to charge, depending on what I'm doing of course. If nothing else I web browse and email pretty heavy and sometimes those pesky Angry Birds call me for my help, and who am I to decline?
    well that's the question indeed. If you're using wifi or blutooth all the time, I think you're overestimating your numbers
    03-13-12 07:34 AM
    That's funny, I am abusing my PB much and yet I get 8 - 10 hours. Though the screen is at 25% however.

Today, I've pulled the plug at 7am and as I am writing this, I'm still on 53%
    03-13-12 07:58 AM
    That's funny, I am abusing my PB much and yet I get 8 - 10 hours. Though the screen is at 25% however.

Today, I've pulled the plug at 7am and as I am writing this, I'm still on 53%
    again, it would be great to know what you're doing during those 8 - 10 hours of use. Are you always using wifi? Or BT?
    03-13-12 08:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD