The native file manager application allows me to open music from my bridged phone but says there are no videos on my phone (I have videos recorded with my bold camera and a .mkv file).

So I have Files and Folders on trial, and it sees the videos but says file type not supported (for recorded videos) and does not even provide the option to open for the other file (.mkv).

Is it just not possible to open videos through bridge, or are only specific file formats supported?
    02-23-12 09:23 PM
    3gp is not supported which in my opinion is just stupid. I sideloaded a file converter but haven't messed with it while bridged yet. I'm hoping its a quick solution to the problem. You can pull videos from your phone through docs to go fyi.
    02-23-12 10:26 PM
    I wonder how to stream a video like .avi on my playbook while the file is located on my smartphone's SD card?
    04-18-12 10:37 AM
    I wonder how to stream a video like .avi on my playbook while the file is located on my smartphone's SD card?
    If you don't mind doing it over wifi there is a app called jeeosuit that will let you stream from your phone. There's a jeeoplahyer for the PB but I haven't gotten it to work yet. The app is free.
    You connect by putting your phones wifi ip in your pb's browser. You have manager to explore. Hope this helps
    04-18-12 10:53 AM
    The native file manager application allows me to open music from my bridged phone but says there are no videos on my phone (I have videos recorded with my bold camera and a .mkv file).

So I have Files and Folders on trial, and it sees the videos but says file type not supported (for recorded videos) and does not even provide the option to open for the other file (.mkv).

Is it just not possible to open videos through bridge, or are only specific file formats supported?
    I can play mp4 video from phone with files and folders. I don't know what other formats are supported.
    High definition videos will just buffer for a long time then stutter. Limitation of bluetooth I believe. Standard definition video plays fine.
    Crazy that the PB doesn't support 3gp.
    04-18-12 11:23 AM
    You can pull videos from your phone through docs to go fyi.
    That stopped working for me after the official 2.0. Worked with the beta though.
    04-18-12 11:31 AM
    hey guys,
    for some reason, i have an MP4 music video on my PB that works through bridge but another movie thats also an MP4 that prompts "Format not supported" when trying to play it over bridge.

any idea?

Thanks
    10-05-12 07:35 AM
    Files and folders plays most of the videos on my phone
    10-05-12 07:40 AM
    hey guys,
    for some reason, i have an MP4 music video on my PB that works through bridge but another movie thats also an MP4 that prompts "Format not supported" when trying to play it over bridge.

any idea?

Thanks
    Try seeing if there's some difference in the Codecs used on the files. Either MediaInfo or Gspot can provide that internal info on codecs.
    10-05-12 08:45 AM
    Thanks I'll look info that.

It's odd though..if I take the same video and put it on the playbook, it plays fine.
    10-05-12 08:17 PM
    Try seeing if there's some difference in the Codecs used on the files. Either MediaInfo or Gspot can provide that internal info on codecs.
    Hey F2,
    I downloaded Media Info and here's what it gave me (attached). Maybe you can tell me what the difference is?

I did notice the Thornley Video it shows NTSC and the Chuggington video it doesnt. Perhaps thats what the issue is?

ThanksStream Videos Through Bridge?-chuggington.jpgStream Videos Through Bridge?-thornley.jpg
    10-06-12 08:37 AM
    Bashman - I'm not an expert on video coding/codecs. But they show differences in the sounds 128/123 and some of the video specs are different. Now, whether that creates the problems, I don't know. Maybe someone else can identify the hitch.
    Bash_Man likes this.
    10-06-12 10:25 AM
    Files and folders plays most of the videos on my phone
    sorry Ishaq, I didn't notice your post earlier.

I use Files and Folders on my PB also to play the videos as the Native File manager doesn't support Videos through bridge.

anyways, still running into the issue. I posted over the Blackberry official forum to see if anyone will have an idea.

Cheers
    10-06-12 11:08 PM