Sorry if this topic had already been posted, but I used to have blackberry and switched to iPhone a couple years ago. Recently I've had a lot of issues with calls not coming in, failing txt messages etc. I realize this could be carrier, but I posted on imore and not many have had the same problem. It could be hardware but I've had my iPhone replaced a few times. I have been reading the crackberry forums for a few days and a lot of people say that they don't have my issues on this phone. I know blackberries aren't the "hipster" or "popular" phones, but I really don't use that many apps. I generally use tapatalk, Dropbox, pandora or spotify, Facebook and twitter. I just want a reliable phone that can access these apps and you know... Be an actual smartPHONE. Calls, texts, email. Any opinions? I'd like to hear from people who've switched or are "dual wielding" specifically lol, but all are welcome to respond. Thanks for your time and feedback everyone.
    02-23-12 05:25 PM
    Sorry if this topic had already been posted, but I used to have blackberry and switched to iPhone a couple years ago. Recently I've had a lot of issues with calls not coming in, failing txt messages etc. I realize this could be carrier, but I posted on imore and not many have had the same problem. It could be hardware but I've had my iPhone replaced a few times. I have been reading the crackberry forums for a few days and a lot of people say that they don't have my issues on this phone. I know blackberries aren't the "hipster" or "popular" phones, but I really don't use that many apps. I generally use tapatalk, Dropbox, pandora or spotify, Facebook and twitter. I just want a reliable phone that can access these apps and you know... Be an actual smartPHONE. Calls, texts, email. Any opinions? I'd like to hear from people who've switched or are "dual wielding" specifically lol, but all are welcome to respond. Thanks for your time and feedback everyone.
    I didn't come from iphone, but did come from the Samsung Galaxy nexus so I feel I can comment. I couldn't be happier with the change...I use almost the exact same apps as you, so the lack of apps on blackberry was no concern to me. I love the battery life and the stability and the speed (yes this phone is fast and extremely smooth)...I just don't get the feeling that anything quirky is going to happen on this phone. The keyboard...ahhhhh the keyboard...such a wonderful thing. It takes a couple days to get used to it, but once you do you will love it. I do miss my front facing camera a bit, but you didn't have one so no big deal there.

Long story short, I think I you will be happy from what you said.
    CH1N087 likes this.
    02-23-12 05:34 PM
    Thank you. That is very helpful. Also, what the is nuking?
    02-23-12 05:38 PM
    Nuking?? Not sure what you mean.
    02-23-12 05:48 PM
    Nevermind, saw the post below yours asking for how many have not nuked their phone. Basically he's asking how many people have not locked their phone up beyond repair.
    CH1N087 likes this.
    02-23-12 05:49 PM
    Ok...is this something that happens when you try "rooting or jail breaking" your phone or it just happens?
    02-23-12 05:53 PM
    Ok...is this something that happens when you try "rooting or jail breaking" your phone or it just happens?
    I can't really say since it hasn't happened to me, but from what I have read it seems to happen more on the 9900 than the 9930. I have no idea why, but that is what I have seen.
    CH1N087 likes this.
    02-23-12 05:59 PM
    Well in my opinion I like to use blackberry over iphone for messaging email and etc.. But I do love the iphone for their games and internet.. I had an iphone before and I do love it but got bored of it easily after a while but blackberry I have been using for a long time good for messaging.. Need a physical keyboard
    CH1N087 likes this.
    02-23-12 06:05 PM
    i just bought my BB yesterday and coming from an iPhone, it`s like a fresh breeze
    CH1N087 likes this.
    02-23-12 06:09 PM
    I just recemtly came back from an iphone 4. I must say if messaging is what you need then the Blackberry has that hands down. If you want games then stay with the iphone. Like I once heard some one say..."This is a grown mans phone for grown mans business!" That's the bottom line. I love my Blackberry and wouldn't trade it for anything.

Charles
    CH1N087 likes this.
    02-23-12 06:09 PM
    I transitioned from an iPhone 4 to a Blackberry Bold 9900. My friend has the 9900 and I really like the keyboard and the layout of the phone itself. Personally, I got bored with the iPhone 4 and didn't really think upgrading to a 4s or an Android was really worth it. But three weeks of owning my 9900 and I can say, I am happy.
    shemaree09 and CH1N087 like this.
    02-23-12 07:01 PM
    Selling my iPhone 4S in 31 minutes...that's when the eBay auction ends lol
    Jeovex likes this.
    02-23-12 07:06 PM
    Moved back to blackberry after using i4 for a year mainly because I was bored with ios and missed the reliability and functuality of bb. The 9900 is by far my fav phone of all time. I also have an iPad and find the combo the best of both worlds. Been using the 9900 since September and don't envision moving anytime soon.
    CH1N087 likes this.
    02-23-12 07:10 PM
    I was a BB user for years and switched to the iPhone 4s this past October. I'm now close to coming back to BB! Really miss the physical keyboard and stability. My email crashes a lot on the iPhone and I hate typing on it.
    dusdal, carriv and CH1N087 like this.
    02-23-12 07:24 PM
    I have both a 9900 and ip4. I find for productivity purposes, checking email, texts, twitter, facebook, etc, the 9900 has the ip4 beat. the push updates are a dream. I never have to tap the time bar at the top to get an update on the 9900.

I was finding myself switching to the ip4 on the weekends, however i'm finding I'm doing that less and less.

Two reasons:

1. Still like communicating with that dream of a keyboard / touchscreen combo
    2. Playbook - I've purchased one so if I need games, internet, etc, that's my device.

I'm seriously considering selling the ip4 as it sits around more than anything.

The 9900 is the best berry ever, imho, and based on your needs, I think you will like it.

The only negative for me has been battery life. I get better batt life on my ip4. Hopefully that will change with os 7.1
    Last edited by bbmark; 02-23-12 at 07:33 PM.
    CH1N087 likes this.
    02-23-12 07:28 PM
    I have been an iPhone user for the last several years, going through them all including the 4S. I still have the 4S, but am kinda bored with it. I picked up a 9930 and I love it. The BB, has now become my daily phone. I do wish it had its own cloud server. I am a Mac user and I can't seem to keep the iCloud and either Google or Yahoo synced without duplicates. Right now I just hard sync to Address Book and iCal which then syncs any changes to the iCloud. If any one has a solution for this let me know.

I am glad to use the 9930!
    02-23-12 07:37 PM
    How is the gps?
    02-23-12 10:28 PM
    No nuking or bricking can happen even if you just install a bad App from official RIM App World. This is one of the problems in Java based phones and that's why I think RIM is moving away from Java based platform.

Nuked phones can be brought back to life by the end user by usually loading a new OS, while bricked phones cannot.
    BerryWorshiper likes this.
    02-23-12 10:37 PM
    I've gone back and forth between BlackBerry and iPhone since the 3Gs. I had several different BlackBerrys and never thought I would own an iPhone until I bought my wife the 3Gs. Two weeks later I sold my Bold 9000 and got myself a 3Gs. Shortly later, the iPhone 4 was released and I got it on launch day. A few months later I sold it and got the Torch. I had that for a few months and went back to the iPhone 4 and got the 4s on launch day.

All that brings me to where I am now. Just this week, I traded my 4s for a BlackBerry Bold Touch 9900 here in the forums and I'm loving it. But, I can't wait to get an iPod touch to get all of my games, apps, music and movies back. I can't roll with a BlackBerry solo. I need an idevice to fill my media needs as well.
    02-23-12 11:01 PM
    i have so many friends that now have both 4s and 9900/30 and they switch back and forth because they cant make their minds up.
    they love the 9900 for the form factor and ease of communication and also the keyboard but the app market in ios is no joke. there truly is an app for everything.
    02-23-12 11:12 PM
    I love the media ecosystem on the iPhone!
    02-23-12 11:21 PM
    yea it is tempting but i only use that stuff when im home so my itouch works fine for that stuff.

all the ios apps without all the typos in the texts and emails, lol
    mssca likes this.
    02-23-12 11:33 PM
    yea it is tempting but i only use that stuff when im home so my itouch works fine for that stuff.

all the ios apps without all the typos in the texts and emails, lol
    Same here, I use iPod touch for all my unwanted Internet needs including crackberry.com LOL
    02-23-12 11:43 PM
    Well in my opinion I like to use blackberry over iphone for messaging email and etc.. But I do love the iphone for their games and internet.. I had an iphone before and I do love it but got bored of it easily after a while but blackberry I have been using for a long time good for messaging.. Need a physical keyboard

If you get bored with an iPhone.......then owning a Blackberry must be.......

But seriously.....like I always say.... It all comes down to Physical keyboard vs Virtual keyboard. Everything else the iPhone is KING.
    anon(73368) likes this.
    02-23-12 11:50 PM
    I've had all iphones, and I went through that same situation half a year ago, I do miss the iphone4.. But I would miss the 9900 even more!
    CH1N087 likes this.
    02-24-12 12:11 AM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD