Has anyone been able to connect their playbook to the car stereo via USB? My BB plays music that way, but the playbook does not.

The option "file sharing via USB" is ON.
    02-23-12 12:56 PM
    Does your stereo have aux in? If so, that would be your best bet to get sound out.
    02-23-12 12:59 PM
    It has the ipod aux (attached).

Will a regular aux cable work on the same slot you think? (attached)
    02-23-12 01:31 PM
    I connected mine the other day via a Regular Aux cable & it was great...
    02-23-12 01:35 PM
    Has anyone been able to connect their playbook to the car stereo via USB? My BB plays music that way, but the playbook does not.

The option "file sharing via USB" is ON.
    The Playbook doesn't mount as a USB drive, but needs software on the computer to mount as a network drive. This means it will not work with your stereo unless it has been specifically configured for a PlayBook. A PlayBook will connect via Bluetooth now with OS 2. If you have that option try it and see if it works.

In my truck when connected through Bluetooth, both my Bold 9900 or my Playbook will play music through the stereo and the steering wheel controls will change the tracks.
    02-23-12 01:42 PM
    Sure looks like it. Try one out, you can find one for like $5 on amazon, or you can get one at radio shack or best buy, though it may be a little more but you can return it if it doesn't work.
    02-23-12 02:02 PM
    The Playbook doesn't mount as a USB drive, but needs software on the computer to mount as a network drive. This means it will not work with your stereo unless it has been specifically configured for a PlayBook. A PlayBook will connect via Bluetooth now with OS 2. If you have that option try it and see if it works.

In my truck when connected through Bluetooth, both my Bold 9900 or my Playbook will play music through the stereo and the steering wheel controls will change the tracks.
    Lucky you, i just tried but it doesnt even pair with my car bluetooth.
    02-23-12 02:49 PM
    Mine pairs and is seen in the media settings as a BlackBerry Playbook, but no audio. The PlayBook seems to be sending audio via bluetooth since there is no output to speakers until I disconnect bluetooth.
    02-23-12 03:20 PM
    If you are driving a Ford vehicle with the MySync feature you can setup the playbook as a bluetooth device and play music that way. However it will mean that phone calls will not come in as only one device can be connected at one time

....hmmm as I am writing this I am getting an idea to play media on my playbook through my BB phone connected to bluetooth and then connect the phone to Sync, this way I will get phone calls, turn by turn navigation with BB Traffic, and Music/Video audio (for my passengers of course) all through one connection.
    02-23-12 03:53 PM
    Mine pairs and is seen in the media settings as a BlackBerry Playbook, but no audio. The PlayBook seems to be sending audio via bluetooth since there is no output to speakers until I disconnect bluetooth.
    @rjedge54: I have the exact same situation in my Kia Forte5. Have you managed to troubleshoot this, or did you just go for an audio cord?
    06-01-12 09:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD