I just picked up my PB and noticed that the area around the logo is quite warm. Last time I used it was about 10 minutes ago. I didn't open any app besides Messages before putting the PB into sleep. It lost 4% of battery over the 10 min period.

Has anyone experienced anything similar?

PS. All my accounts are set to manual sync and push disabled.
    Last edited by kennyliu; 02-23-12 at 11:32 AM.
    02-23-12 11:28 AM
    I'd give it more time and see if it cools but it probably means something is happening and it is not in full standby.
    02-23-12 04:02 PM
    what ive been reading today im seeing the manual setting phrase pop up alot, perhaps instead of saving the battery like we thought it would be when we chose that setting it's using way way more lol, maybe a timed is better.
    02-23-12 04:04 PM
    I'd give it more time and see if it cools but it probably means something is happening and it is not in full standby.
    Thanks. It was indeed running something behind the scenes. I got a minimum of 1.3W power consumption when it was in standby.

I turned automatic sync and push for my email accounts on and deleted my Gmail account that was synced to the calendar and contacts, and the problem is gone for now. I am not sure exactly which of these actually helped.
    Last edited by kennyliu; 02-23-12 at 04:10 PM.
    02-23-12 04:08 PM
    mines been doing this too since the 2.0 update, batter drains much quicker in standby too..
    02-23-12 04:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD