Hello, fellow BB users.

I need beta testers for an amazing PIM sync service I put together a month ago. The foundation of the service is *privacy*. My licensing will specifically state that your Personal Information is your own. (as opposed to companies like Google that say they have an unlimited, royalty-free license to your data)

Features fast, two-way sync of Contacts, Calendar/Appointments, Tasks, and Notes to any desktop OS platform. Works for multiple phones and multiple desktops on all a single account.

I use it to sync my Windows 7 64bit desktop (Thunderbird and Lightning Calendar) with my Windows 7 32bit laptop (MS Outlook 2010) to my BB Bold.

Looking for perhaps 100 beta testers who will get lifetime free use of the service.

Thank you,

Trialsman
    02-23-12 11:15 AM
    I would love to be a tester and help you out.
    02-23-12 11:25 AM
    I may be interested. I'm looking for an easy/secure way to sync my BB contacts to my PlayBook. Please send me additional details.
    02-23-12 11:27 AM
    I would too!
    02-23-12 12:33 PM
    I'd be interested in testing this. Anything that can make my BB better at PIM management would be helpful.
    02-23-12 02:46 PM
    I'd live to help out
    02-23-12 03:38 PM
    I'm interested.
    02-23-12 04:04 PM
    I would like to test it too!
    02-23-12 04:12 PM
    Count me in as well if you are still looking.

Torch 9850
    OS 7.1.0.163
    Verizon

Usually sync with Outlook 2010
    02-23-12 06:32 PM
    Sign me up

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    02-23-12 09:19 PM
    Count me in!
    02-23-12 09:29 PM
    I would like to try it, thanks.
    02-23-12 09:40 PM
    I would be interested in helping you test this. Sounds promising! Does it support multiple calendars?
    02-23-12 09:53 PM
    I may be interested. I'm looking for an easy/secure way to sync my BB contacts to my PlayBook. Please send me additional details.
    I don't believe that the Playbook has a Contact list of it's own. It uses all Personal Information from your BB handheld.

If you aren't a BB Developer then you probably don't know about this. But all those features have existed for a few months. It's available to the public now.

All you need to do is update your Playbook to OS2 and your handheld to the latest version of Bridge. You've got your Contacts, Calendar, Tasks, Notes all on your Playbook.

And you can run Android apps!

Trialsman
    02-24-12 03:51 PM
    Thank you for the response so far!

I'll put together a User's Guide and a file download area. I'll have the information together for everyone in a few days and you can start testing the service.

Very excited!

Trialsman
    02-24-12 04:00 PM
    I would love to be included too
    02-24-12 04:33 PM
    I'm happy to test it - looks great!
    02-25-12 01:25 PM
    count me as a tester as well

subbed to hear more
    02-25-12 08:48 PM
    I would be interested in helping you test this. Sounds promising! Does it support multiple calendars?
    Good question! I don't use multiple calendars, so I haven't tried that yet. My BB allows me to select Calendars based on email addresses. I know that isn't how Thunderbird / Lightning works, and I doubt that is how MS Outlook works. Can't wait to see what you do with that!

Trialsman
    02-27-12 05:34 PM
    Today, I'll be sending a PM to each of you that said you wanted to beta test my sync service!

I'm including instructions and downloads for PC users. If you need Mac, please message me back.

I am including instructions and downloads for MS Outlook and also Thunderbird with Lightning Calendar.

Coming right up!

Trialsman
    03-05-12 09:26 AM
    I'd be happy to test this app too - it looks very useful
    03-05-12 01:25 PM
    There is a slight delay. All details for the beta test will be online tomorrow.

Trialsman
    03-05-12 06:49 PM
    Here it is!

http://www.blackberrysyncmagic.com/d...beta_guide.pdf

Download this pdf and give a quick read to the instructions, then you are ready to get signed up to the PIM sync service and give it a try.

Thank you all for your willingness to try to it out!

Trialsman
    03-06-12 10:49 AM
    Read the instructions.
    The contact picture will not sync, is this correct?
    This will only sync with blackberry, not the playbook correct?

If correct, any future plans for pictures and syncing to playbook?
    03-07-12 07:35 AM
    Read the instructions.
    The contact picture will not sync, is this correct?
    This will only sync with blackberry, not the playbook correct?

If correct, any future plans for pictures and syncing to playbook?
    I don't use contact pics, so I didn't know the answer to this. I just tried it and you are correct, contact pics do not sync. I am looking into this.

As for the Playbook. Unfortunately I don't understand. I have a Playbook with OS2 and Bridge. When I turn my Playbook on, it connects to my BB and all my contacts, calendar events, tasks, notes, memos are all there. Playbook and your BB are fully interoperable. There is nothing to sync.

Trialsman
    03-07-12 08:45 AM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD