Upper left corner.....what is it and what is its purpose?
    Chrisy likes this.
    02-23-12 01:01 AM
    Have you tapped it? It's a reader mode that reformats the web page to make it easier to read.
    southlander likes this.
    02-23-12 01:09 AM
    i swear i replied to this almost a minute after you first posted it...
    o well.

above poster is right
    02-23-12 01:15 AM
    I would have found that out by hitting the button instead of coming to check the forum and asking
    chasvs and sagec like this.
    02-23-12 02:59 AM
    Have you tapped it? It's a reader mode that reformats the web page to make it easier to read.
    Definitely a cool feature. I don't remember if it was there before OS 2.0 because I only had my PlayBook for about a week before the new OS was released, but now that I noticed it I've been using it a lot. Just like the reader feature in the browser on iOS, I love it!
    02-23-12 03:03 AM
    What an ingenious way to find out what something is. Instead of simply tapping on the icon and seeing what it does, you login to CrackBerry, navigate to the proper section, create a new thread and ask the question. Sorry, I still haven't had my first cup of coffee, but thanks for the smiles.
    chasvs, Guyzer, sagec and 2 others like this.
    02-23-12 06:20 AM
    I was wondering what it was myself. Thanks for the info!
    02-23-12 06:24 AM
    Well, I have tapped the icon and I still cannot figure out what is the point of this function. This is why I was hoping to get some satisfaction from this thread. I see what it does, but I really do not understand the usefulness of it.
    02-23-12 06:31 AM
    What about the 3D glasses icon on the right side of the browser? It doesn't show up every time.
    02-23-12 06:52 AM
    Well, I have tapped the icon and I still cannot figure out what is the point of this function. This is why I was hoping to get some satisfaction from this thread. I see what it does, but I really do not understand the usefulness of it.
    I will agree that it does seem a bit redundant but, it simply rolls up the web page into an all text format that is easy to view and read. Maybe it's for those times when the page refuses to fully load.
    02-23-12 06:54 AM
    I would have found that out by hitting the button instead of coming to check the forum and asking
    Well, I got a couple questions too, WTF is the Help icon on my PlayBook and WTF is its purpose? And WTF is this Search button on the forum and WTF is its purpose???
    void11, Guyzer and hpjrt like this.
    02-23-12 06:58 AM
    RIM basically took a page out of Apple's playbook (no pun intended) and tried to mimic something the native iPad browser does. I'm not a fan of how it's implemented with the little pop up window.
    02-23-12 07:07 AM
    What about the 3D glasses icon on the right side of the browser? It doesn't show up every time.
    I believe that is if you are in private browsing mode.
    02-23-12 07:25 AM
    RIM basically took a page out of Apple's playbook (no pun intended) and tried to mimic something the native iPad browser does. I'm not a fan of how it's implemented with the little pop up window.

Apple didn't invent this feature. It was available on the web long before tablets were around. They may have simply borrowed thrides from someone else.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    02-23-12 07:34 AM
    Well, I got a couple questions too, WTF is the Help icon on my PlayBook and WTF is its purpose? And WTF is this Search button on the forum and WTF is its purpose???
    It's a help forum. Just answer the OP's question or stfu.

Newb.

Using that icon I've found it not very useful so far. Most times I get a message saying cannot be displayed. Tapping on it while on this forum for example makes the page *harder to read.
    Last edited by chrisy520; 02-23-12 at 07:45 AM.
    Uncle Remus likes this.
    02-23-12 07:43 AM
    I believe that is if you are in private browsing mode.
    Ahh, you are correct. It was weird, when I was browsing after the update, they showed up, but I didn't turn private browsing on.
    02-23-12 08:59 AM
    Using that icon I've found it not very useful so far. Most times I get a message saying cannot be displayed. Tapping on it while on this forum for example makes the page *harder to read.
    Use it while reading an article or a blog post and it's awesome! I don't think it's intention is for using it on forums.
    jamesbondOO7, Chrisy and suzieque like this.
    02-23-12 10:24 AM
    Yes, got it. Thanks.
    02-23-12 10:32 AM
    You asked what about the 3D glasses icon on the right side of the browser?

I believe it is a mask symbol indicating you have private browsing turned on under browser settings.
    11-11-13 12:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD