It appears 2.0 did not solve the problem of not being able to view emails that had been filed into sub folders in the Outlook inbox.

It allows you to file an email into a sub folder, and it even lists all the sub folders. But if emails were filed by Outlook automatically using a rule, the 2.0 email client is not able to show them. This is more than a little disappointing. I have to disable all my outlook rules in order to see my emails. I hope RIM will fix this. The iPad is doing a great job on this but I rather carry my PB rather than the bulky iPad.

If someone had figured this out, please help, thanks.
    Last edited by qh2o; 02-23-12 at 12:24 AM.
    02-23-12 12:22 AM
    02-23-12 04:00 AM
    Are you not able to see your sub folders emails at all or are they not automatically syncing ? I am able to view all my emails whether they are in the inbox or filed in sub folders (courtesy of Outlook rules). The emails that are in the sub folders don't automatically sync but once I select the sub folder the emails do show up. I also have an iPad 2 and an iPhone 4, they behave the same way in regards to the sub folders. Which version of Exchange Server are you on? I am using Exchange Server 2010.
    qh2o likes this.
    02-23-12 06:39 AM
    Most of the time I can't see any messages in Outlook sub-folders, and when they do sync, I only get to see messages from the previous day or so. Occasionally some folders (such as Drafts) show emails up to the sync limit (set at max 30 days) but there's no way to view any server content older than that.

Apart from Inbox / Drafts / Sent / Outbox, there's no folder support for IMAP at all.

For something that has taken so long to produce, from the supposed mobile email "experts", this is unforgivable.
    Last edited by PDAMad; 02-23-12 at 06:59 AM.
    02-23-12 06:54 AM
    Yeah, ut's bizarre that the native email is missing some important features despite there being ten months to implement them. I'm starting to think that RIM execs put all the senior programmers on the android project and the email was written by monkeys.

There are TWO places (only one of which works) where you can set LED and audible notifications. One is in the email options and another is in the os config panel. Wtf?
    02-23-12 07:05 AM
    Are you not able to see your sub folders emails at all or are they not automatically syncing ? I am able to view all my emails whether they are in the inbox or filed in sub folders (courtesy of Outlook rules). The emails that are in the sub folders don't automatically sync but once I select the sub folder the emails do show up. I also have an iPad 2 and an iPhone 4, they behave the same way in regards to the sub folders. Which version of Exchange Server are you on? I am using Exchange Server 2010.
    No, i am not able to see any mail at all, except for the ones I filed manually using the 2.0 email client. The Outlook Exchange server is 2010; I am glad to hear that you are able to synch. May be there is hope for me yet. You are right about the iPad, you have to click on the subfolder to get it to synch.
    02-25-12 12:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD