My bold keeps getting this small timer ( the one than comes up when it is 'thinking' or processing something) and I cant get rid of it. I've tried a soft and hard rest and both wont do it.

Any suggestions?
    09-09-08 06:06 AM
    OK have you tried all the standard stuff reset battery pull etc?? If not try those first.

What OS are you running?? Maybe an upgrade to .134 required

Good luck
    09-09-08 07:15 AM
    Yeah tried all the standard stuff like battery pull. Will check the OS next. Maybe a system reset to factory settings?

Problem is my battery is burning up and my fully charged phone dies in 30 min!!!!!
    09-09-08 09:17 PM
    im having the exact same problem... did you figure out anything?!?
    09-17-08 03:56 PM
    I'm running .134; mine's been doing this since mid-afternoon.

Battery pull did nothing but remind me how long the 'berry takes to reboot.

Also, after this started it takes my voice-activated dialling over NINE MINUTES to initialize.

This, on top of Rogers' non-functional 3G and wi-fi that kills all incoming phonecalls when it's on really have me regretting my purchase!
    09-17-08 11:15 PM

Problem is my battery is burning up and my fully charged phone dies in 30 min!!!!!

Not a good sign. Heat means wasted power, you only have so much to start with.

That is a warranty claim.
    09-17-08 11:18 PM
    Well, I just upgraded to 4.6.0.147, and the timer's gone.

Whew.
    09-18-08 12:03 AM
    Hi,

I've had the exact same problem. It started when it was 10 days old, before that it was fine. It's as if the phone is stuck in a loop, or something is working in the background constantly. The battery drained very quickly and was quite warm. I've now let it go flat, I'm not going to bother charging it up again.

I spoke to Vodafone UK customer services and they said it sounded like a faulty handset. I am now waiting for a replacement, but don't know HOW long that's going to take!

Jubaltroop

PS see my earlier posts on the problems I've had
    Last edited by jubaltroop; 09-19-08 at 06:48 AM.
    09-18-08 08:30 AM
    i had the same problem last week with .134. Downgraded back to .126.

Now on .147 and the problems has occured again today, timer going, and battery overheating. Looking for .150 and hoping that will resolve the issue.
    09-18-08 10:53 AM
    I'm on my second BOLD because of this. I had them replace the original after one week with same timer problem occurring every hour or so. It drove me nuts. The replacement phone, same OS, has been perfect.

My advice, take yours back.
    09-18-08 11:26 AM
    just spoke to Orange, they said they need to replace the phone, but it currently out of stock!!!

Think they may give me a loan phone, waiting for th guy to find out, but i think i would rather stick with the over heating BB, than not one at all.
    09-18-08 11:52 AM
    ok they sending me out a curve tomorrow as a loan phone, and will get a bold when they come back into stock....sob sob
    09-18-08 11:59 AM
    ok so i now have my curve as a loan phone and once again, i have the timer constantly on my phone, and the battery died with 7hrs without receiving/ making one call or msg.

so now i'm wondering is this a network problem?
    09-20-08 12:01 PM
    I have not had hands on with the Bold yet, but I may be able to help with your Curve issue.

The hour glass is the busy indicator. When you see it, the device is busy doing something and will not function correctly until it is done.

The most common cause of busy, is recovering memory to keep up with the demands of normal operation.

The first thing to check is: Options / Status. If your file free memory is at 12 Mb or lower, you are in the busy range.

The reason is, all of the sample and corporate only software that was pre-installed on the device.

The solution is to clean out the memory hogging stuff. That will insure you never have a memory busy wait.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/
    09-20-08 12:18 PM
    it is showing up as 19mb, gonna give this a try as Orange haven't a clue what the problem is either.
    09-20-08 02:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD