Is there anyway to arrange the browser bookmarks?
    02-22-12 08:50 PM
    Apparently, they still have NOT addressed this shortcoming and pet peeve of many.
    02-22-12 09:16 PM
    nope it's not possible, you should arrange your browser bookmarks safely if you want to have them in the right spot.
    02-22-12 09:18 PM
    You can also save all your bookmarks as a homescreen icon and group them into a folder. One workaround that I've found that works well in the meantime.
    axllebeer and rcm1301 like this.
    02-22-12 09:27 PM
    You can also save all your bookmarks as a homescreen icon and group them into a folder. One workaround that I've found that works well in the meantime.
    I would like to move my bookmarks from my laptop to my Playbook. I have hundreds of bookmarks in many folders allowing hierarchies within group types. They are often changed, deletions and additions as well as displaying an icon that I think is provided by the site. These icons also change as a Site is updated by the owner/developer I assume.
    So do I send this folder from my laptop? Will the hierarchies work? What about changes to the list?
    Currently my Playbook bookmarks display a thumbnail of the page when it is loaded, It may or may not be accurate. It disappears when I clear all my history. To keep them usable I like to keep them in thumbnail display instead of list due to the description ofthe web sites displayed in the list view. If I wanted to have hundreds of bookmarks on this device, the bookmark system would become ridiculously unwieldy.
    I have saved a few pages bookmarks to my home screen and I suppose they could be grouped into a folder, but if I was to add a hundred or so, would I still have the same problem of page thumbnails to have to scroll through to access this multitude of bookmarks?
    I am unwilling to use an online bookmark manager.
    (why doesn't Playbook make use of the icons provided by the websites?)

Thanks for the attention.
    02-23-12 11:29 AM
    I have not checked, but if you can still load xxx.html files into the browser you can get to them that way. Ah,

in the Browser, type in the address bar

file:

Then find your bookmark file wherever you store it.

I've read about "cloud" services where you can store a bookmark file but have not used any.
    02-23-12 04:21 PM
    I have exported my bookmarks as an html file (that I named bookmarks.html) and placed it in the "bookmarks" folder on the playbook. I accessed this file the first time by typing file:///accounts/1000/shared/bookmarks/bookmarks.html on my playbook, and then made a bookmark for this file on the playbook browser. (if it doesn't work the first time, try typing file:\\\ instead of file:///)
    If you know some html coding, or have access to a program to do this, you could tweak the page by setting up tables full of links or even design scrolling menus, etc. But the default exported page can do the job and can be updated (replaced) in about 30 seconds.
    And now, you just hit the bookmark star on the playbook and are presented with a page of all your laptop bookmarks.

I would like to move my bookmarks from my laptop to my Playbook. I have hundreds of bookmarks in many folders allowing hierarchies within group types. They are often changed, deletions and additions as well as displaying an icon that I think is provided by the site. These icons also change as a Site is updated by the owner/developer I assume.
    So do I send this folder from my laptop? Will the hierarchies work? What about changes to the list?
    02-23-12 04:40 PM
    You can save bookmarks on your home screen and make them before you save them. Then you can put them into folders. You can also use a file manger and copy shortcuts to the book marks folder. You can copy over *.lnk file. Is it awesome sauce? No but they are workarounds for those who need to have a shortcut to every web page on the Internet.
    02-23-12 04:50 PM
    One of the few things that I am shocked that it wasn't included in 2.0.... People have been complaining about this way prior to the actual 2.0 release...
    02-23-12 04:54 PM
    You guys realize that Dolphin is available in app world? It looks like it does all these thing.
    02-23-12 05:25 PM
    That doesn't address the original problem because dolphin is not native, doesn't support flash, doesn't have the same performance that it does on android, etc, etc....
    02-23-12 05:33 PM
    You guys realize that Dolphin is available in app world? It looks like it does all these thing.
    I have read about Dolphin and it's great experience, the developer requires the user to allow monitoring of web access using the Dolphin browser. I am unwilling to allow access at this level. It is another choice though. Thanks
    02-23-12 09:09 PM
    There's simple browser that allow you to manage your bookmark if i'm right
    02-23-12 09:15 PM
    I have Simple Browser Plus, which is the paid version, and it allows you to save your bookmarks, rename them etc. Nice browser.
    02-23-12 09:26 PM
    This is what I was doing for a while. But I was dropping them in my "Favorites". Now that we can make our own folders, much better to do it this way. Just drop that folder on the "App Dock" as they call it and you are good to go.
    Princepia likes this.
    02-23-12 09:33 PM
    Currently my Playbook bookmarks display a thumbnail of the page when it is loaded, It may or may not be accurate. It disappears when I clear all my history. To keep them usable I like to keep them in thumbnail display instead of list due to the description ofthe web sites displayed in the list view. If I wanted to have hundreds of bookmarks on this device, the bookmark system would become ridiculously unwieldy.
    I have saved a few pages bookmarks to my home screen and I suppose they could be grouped into a folder, but if I was to add a hundred or so, would I still have the same problem of page thumbnails to have to scroll through to access this multitude of bookmarks?
    I am unwilling to use an online bookmark manager.
    (why doesn't Playbook make use of the icons provided by the websites?)

Thanks for the attention.
    What I did was just take my favorites from my pc and put them in a Word Document and then I transferred the Document to the BlackBerry PlayBook. Now my favorites are in my preferred order. I just open the document and click on the website I am looking for and the browser opens up.....
    02-23-12 09:39 PM
    I have a quick question, kind of related to this. Is there anyway to get the bookmarks to show up in list mode whenever you start up the browser? It is always in thumb nails whenever I start it up. I know it's nothing big and just takes a simple press to switch it, but just wondering.
    Thanks
    03-18-12 08:05 AM
    Double Post
    03-18-12 08:06 AM
    I think that Thumbnails is standard.
    03-18-12 09:55 AM
    Did they ever fix this? How stupid....... I was looking for a way to move bookmarks only to find this thread.
    10-01-12 05:32 PM
    That's exactly what I did. On the home screen, I have a folder LINKS and keep them there. With custom naming the icons, it makes it a lot faster and easier to open the desired link.
    10-01-12 06:48 PM
    How STUPID remains stupid!

I have not re-read the thread but some folks save their bookmarks to their desktop and then arrange those in one of the panels or in a folder where they can be ordered as you want.
    10-01-12 06:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD