I loaded Dropbox this afternoon and it doesn't work really well on PB and just wondering if anyone else has noticed. I have the following issues:

1) New MSFT Files with .xlsx, .docx and .pptx won't launch from Dropbox. I found a workaround to rename the files to remove the last x from the extension but then that causes issues on my desktop.
    2) Files do not get sync'd properly back to dropbox sometime in that I have seen they either add a (1) to the end of the filename instead or just don't sync at all.

I am finding Files & Folders is much more reliable though somewhat manual.

D
    Innovatology likes this.
    02-22-12 04:41 PM
    try box there giving 50 gig free in appstore not sure if will last not tested there app but you could look into that
    02-22-12 05:05 PM
    box -50gb just for downloading on playbook, cant go wrong with more space, bluebox both work for me, use dropbox webapp?
    02-22-12 05:09 PM
    While I haven't had a good play with the Android Dropbox app in terms of syncing and opening documents, I'm a bit stumped as to where images downloaded end up on the PB. I got a nice little notification in the corner telling me Dropbox was downloading but then I can't find the file in my media folder anywhere. Any help?
    02-22-12 05:33 PM
    someone else reported dropbox not working on PB yesterday, so it's not just you.
    02-22-12 05:35 PM
    OK. I think I tried Box a while back and wasn't big on it. I think it was because they don't have an app for BlackBerry phones which I also need.

Like I said before, I use Files & Folders on my PB and it is OK. It's worth the $3. It syncs with several cloud storage types and just downloads the files into a folder on your PB which you can find. It also lets you browse the PB file system. It takes a little more work to copy the edited files back to Dropbox but is reliable.

D
    02-22-12 05:58 PM
    box is now on the app world
    02-22-12 06:04 PM
    box is now on the app world
    Dropbox ?
    02-22-12 06:11 PM
    no its another online storage thing given you 50 gig when download via app world
    02-22-12 06:13 PM
    Dropbox ?
    Yes, dropbox is a free app in app world.
    02-23-12 12:51 AM
    Just use dropbox.com with your PlayBook browser it works great.
    Or use the dropbox android app
    Last edited by BoldWorld; 02-23-12 at 12:58 AM.
    02-23-12 12:55 AM
    I use the free app BlueBox which integrates with Dropbox and gives me all my Dropbox files.
    02-23-12 06:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD